Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  07:24:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It appears to me that if you feel like spending an hour writing a novel, for a $10.00 fee or so, you may get a 10.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  07:46:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I routinely do several shops a month for Confero and have received numerous 10s. The usual is 9, and that's fine with me, too. When I first started to do shops for the particular client, I received feedback about exactly what was expected on the forms. The forms are detailed, but now that I know what is expected, they are some of the simplest reports to write. It's all about knowing EXACTLY what they want and how they want it written. I can't speak for other clients, but the shop I mainly do for them pays well and is a pleasure to do. I grab all I can from them.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  08:00:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay me for an 8 report, so they usually get an 8 report. Sometimes I get a 9 -- usually when more things have gone wrong, so I write more. I see no reason to strive for a higher grade -- they don't pay more for it. It's strictly a business decision on my part.

And Sara, I agree, if they downgrade you they should give a reason. The only time I was downgraded by them they said they had to contact me for additional information -- and that was because I had only written two sentences about the VESTIBULE of the shopping mall. How much can you say about a vestibule? (the space between the inner and outer doors...)

I have had other companies comment that they needed to make spelling or grammar changes to my reports, but I have yet to have one tell me what those changes were. Frankly, I think it's unconscionable, but appears to be an industry (bad) standard.

I do what's expected of me for the job -- I'm not trying to win a Pulitzer here.
Go to Top of Page

Sara D
Valued Contributor

South Hadley, MA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  09:09:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I suspect that some of our different experiences are related to the fact that we must also be getting different editors within the same company. No matter what grade I've gotten I've *never* received a single bit of feedback as to why. I also recently had a shop where several things went wrong and I wrote quite a bit of very detailed info about it, while also following the directions and (I'm fairly certain) making no spelling errors, but still just got an '8' with no feedback.

It's nice to know that there are some Confero editors that will give detailed feedback (per MsJudi) and grade recognition for reports that that are well written and require greater detail (per Marge). I wish it were the norm!

-Sara

Sara A Davidow,
MSPA Gold Certified shopper #aziwc5
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  10:28:02 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find their pay to be on the low side and generally only take shops because of the scheduling company they use. I get good shop grades and don't worry about 8,9 or whatever they give me anymore. I think feedback is a better resource for companies than grades, since we are all adults and I doubt very few of us try to write bad reports. Grades are somewhat childish and I don't think a company can expect better reports from shoppers, if they are unwilling to tell the shopper exactly what they did wrong. Without proper feedback, the grading system is useless.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

CarolLynn

Anaheim, CA
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  9:56:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoy shopping for this company and like the variety of shops available. Two things, though: sometimes the required purchase exceeds the reimbursement, and sometimes after accepting a job the dates are changed without warning.

Shopping North & Central Orange County, CA
Silver Certified 7/31/2005
Go to Top of Page

JennyP
Contributor

CT
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  11:30:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever done a movie theater shop for them (not an audit- a reveal shop)? Just curious what it's like and if people have had positive experiences with it. I just applied for several since 3 movie theaters (including my favorite theater) near me are involved.

Jennifer - Shopping Connecticut
Silver Certified rrhmjo
Go to Top of Page

Betsy E
Valued Contributor

Birmingham, AL
USA
170 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  2:25:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hooray! I'm not the only one wondering why I'm receiving 8's on what I thought were well-written, correct reports. I have an English degree, so I took offense to the grade, until I saw these posts. I'm with the consensus that it makes no sense to do extra work required for a higher grade. Furthermore, I agree that the grading system seems a bit silly. I like Confero's shop listings. Reasonable pay, too.
Go to Top of Page

Andrea S.
Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  2:57:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've received all 8s (save one 9) on their reports. I just looked at my shop log, and most of them just say "good job, thank you!" as far as feedback goes. Two of them give feedback, but it's on a specific detail, and I know that in one instance I've applied that feedback to all other shops and it didn't help increase my score. It doesn't bother me to get 8s, but I would appreciate more feedback if possible so that I can improve my reports.

I really do like Confero; the shops I have done for them have high fees compared to similar shops with other mystery shopping companies.

Shopping New York City & Atlanta
MSPA Silver Certified #nanexe
Go to Top of Page

LittleJo

Hickory, NC
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  3:15:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the spell check on their site dont work properly? I have tested it to see. I purposely spelled words wrong and it did not catch it and then it indicated words that were spelled correctly was wrong. I just hate it when they say a word was spelled wrong when it wasnt.
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  6:34:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That new SASSIE spell check is not to great. I just use my own spell check program.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  7:43:42 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It may have been catching grammatical errors as opposed to misspellings. The Sassie spell check definitely has room for improvement.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  11:25:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just received a 9, with comments including "well written" but only minor editing needed. It just always pokes at me a little to know what the minor editing entailed. I spend my life giving grades, so it's hard for me to just dismiss them. As always, it is good to come here and find that other excellent shoppers also are receiving 8s and 9s.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  3:52:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the best way to get Confero to PAY you?

I did 3 shops for them way back in September, and they only paid me for 2 of them. I've contacted them twice now (one month apart, each time I've received payment from them) with detailed information of what shop I did on what day, how much they owe me, etc., and all the information is also clearly listed in my shop log.

All they have to do is look on my shop log to see I haven't been paid for the shop I completed on September 2. I've done so many shops for them, I'm sure this one just got overlooked, but really, how much more effort do I have to put in to get them to take notice?

I feel that posting here with my complaint should be a last resort, but I'm getting tired of looking at my spreadsheet and seeing that unpaid shop STILL sitting there. Since emailing them twice has gotten no response, I feel at this point I have no choice but to try this.

I have not received any response from them whatsoever, much less a simple payment through PayPal, which would be appreciated, even if they don't email me with an explanation.

I've always liked Confero, and usually payment from them is like clockwork. I know they like me because of all the shops I've done for them recently, so what gives?

I hope my post here will finally get a response from them (and my $). If it does, I'll post here again to report what happened. I don't work for a ton of MS companies anymore; I only work for those I like that I know are reliable on payment. I haven't had a problem like this in over 3 years.

Somebody at Confero -- please HELP!

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

Bill Kapelli
Star Contributor

Kissimmee, FL
USA
281 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  6:15:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I conducted an assignment for Confero on 10/29/06, scheduled through KSS, for which, according to the paperwork, a $10.00 bonus would be paid. I was paid, within one month, for the shop fee and for my expenses, but the $10.00 bonus was not paid.

I have written to them, twice, asking for the additional $10.00 bonus, and I offered to fax them documentation of the bonus in the job posting. To no avail; my requests for payment have been ignored. If this is an example of how Confero chooses to conduct business, it shows the little regard they have for their shoppers. Not that I ever expect to see the $10.00, but, even if I were to receive payment as promised, I would no longer conduct shops for this company.

Well, THERE'S a class act! Not 15 minutes after I posted, I received an e-mail from Lorri Kern at KSS, asking for clarification of the issue and offering to intervene on my behalf. Talk about a class act! Two thumbs up, as usual, for KSS!

Bill Kapelli
MSPA Gold Certified
Kissimmee [Metro Orlando], FL
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2007 :  7:11:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's amazing what posting on Volition can accomplish.

Within a matter of mere hours, I have received an email from my scheduler, KSS Sabrina, who saw my post and contacted the head of Payroll at Confero to prioritize my payment issue.

Thanks, Sabrina!

And thank you Lorri Kern, for running such an excellent company!

Go to Top of Page

Kathleen C
Apprentice

Manorville, New York
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  12:32:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too am having a problem with payment from Confero. I was called to do a shop in a rural area - on an island accessible by ferry only.

I was offered a bonus and payment to include the ferry ride. I was paid for the bank shop but not for the rest.

I have emailed three times now and no response. Maybe after this posting someone will answer me from the company.

Kathleen
Shopping NY and AZ
sogoodforus@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

LittleJo

Hickory, NC
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  08:12:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I dont know whats happened to them recently. I used to never have problems getting paid. But now, its been happening more often. And I do wish they would do something about their spell check. They might as well just delete it as it tells you words that are spelled correctly are not and words that are not are. Its pretty much useless.
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  08:46:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good news! It's been 5 days since I posted here about my non-payment from Confero, and the same day KSS Sabrina contacted them to get me paid for last September.

This morning I received a notice from Confero that the money is now in my PayPal account. I am paid in full, and we are squared away!

Thanks, Confero and Sabrina!

Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  5:46:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never had any payment problems; they paid me timely every month. However, my grades are 7s and 8s with Confero, and 9s and 10s with the other 30+ msc. My fine dinings are all 10's, so go figure!

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums