Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

KellySal
Trainee

Chicago, IL
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2007 :  06:48:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first shop for confero last month. I really enjoyed the shop and I got to take my kids with me so I didn't have to scrounge around for babysitters. Definately a bonus! The paperwork isn't too bad. I got a grade of 8 on my report and that's just fine with me. I can't really comment on payment yet as it's not due for a couple of weeks. Based on this first shop I would recommend them.
Go to Top of Page

MissEllen
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  11:10:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Confero was one of the first companies to give me assignments, when I first started years ago. They have been fair and responsive. So, I admit to having a soft spot for them. Most of my grades have been 8 or 9, which is fine....but never a ten. Just this week, I got my first 10. Maybe it was a coincidence, but for the first time ever I had included information in the report about the teller's facial expressions and the fact that she had laughed (appropriately) at something I said. Hey, you never know...but I am going to included facial expressions in future reports.

Ellen
gold certified
Go to Top of Page

Sara D
Valued Contributor

South Hadley, MA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  4:10:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Woo! I just got my first '10,' too. I'm stunned. Similar to many posters, I get mostly '10,'s on other sites, but never thought I was going to get one here. Did they change editors? Did I really get better? I have no idea, but I've never been so happy about a '10,' before. :)

-Sara

Sara A Davidow,
MSPA Gold Certified shopper #aziwc5
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  7:40:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first shop for them in February. Because of the comments above, I checked out my log and found that I scored a 9. The comments were "Great job, thank you! Nicely written...", so I'm not sure why a 9 and not a 10. Anyway, the job was quite easy and reimbursed fully for a service that I needed. I was paid the other day, which was exactly when they said I would be paid. I'll be happy to do this shop again as soon as I qualify.

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Derek Kell

Austin, TX
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  12:03:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have always liked working for them. They have treated my very nicely. I love working for them.
Go to Top of Page

MelCantrell

KY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  7:14:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This was one of the first companies to give me a break, so I too have a soft spot for them. However, they're tough when it comes to grading. It was a long time before I got a '10'. Like most of you, I received '9s' with comments of 'great job' or 'Nicely written, thank you.' However, when I received a '10' it said, "Incredible job". I was so proud! It really means something when you get a '10' from Confero.

Mel
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  8:09:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed a 'car maintenance' shop. First the fee went up (very nice!) Second, they are not giving out number grades. Hmm....what's going on???? Whatever it is - I LOVE IT!

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  8:33:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only drawback to not getting a number grade is that this company so often posts assignments which call for you to have a grade 7 or higher to be eligible.
Go to Top of Page

Neichaun

Leesburg, VA
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  11:00:22 AM  Visit Neichaun's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
How long does it usually take for email inquires about payment to be responded to?

Neichaun
Go to Top of Page

.KSSSabrina
Inactive

Rock Hill, SC
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  12:40:28 PM  Visit .KSSSabrina's Homepage  Send .KSSSabrina an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neichaun

How long does it usually take for email inquires about payment to be responded to?

If you will send your payment inquiry directly to me, I will look into it for you.

Thanks,

Sabrina
KSSSabrina@kernscheduling.com

Sabrina Boone
KSS International, Inc.
KSSSabrina@kernscheduling.com
Go to Top of Page

Cleo
Contributor

Silsbee, Texas
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2007 :  06:33:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Confero has never had any shops in my area untill now. Yesterday I was sent and e-mail for a food shop. It had an $8 fee and a $9 rembursement. I applied for it and this morning I was accepted for the shop. Unfortunatly it has dropped the fee to only $6 and the rembursment is still $9. I have a phone number in the e-mail but they are closed on weekends. It says not to reply to the e-mail so I have no way of contacting them till Monday. Luckily the shop is not due till Tuesday. I realize it is only $2 but gas is over $3 here and this is deception.

Cleo
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  09:02:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This entire round of reward shops has been a joke. First we are told a date for the reward packages to arrive. Then receive an urgent email stating that the reward packages won't arrive in time. Then we receive a third urgent email stating that the job fee has been reduced by $ 2.00. Can they even do that after you have already accepted a job at a higher price?

I mean this is just ridiculous. My shop is due tomorrow and I will complete it today and submit it. However, I doubt I will take any new work from them in the near future.

Anyone else annoyed by this?

L.K. Eells
Shopping the Greater Northwest
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

KelliL
Valued Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  10:45:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have completed several of the reward shops for the round with the prizes not arriving and the change in fees letter. I was upset when I received the email about the change in fees after I had agreed to complete them. I just checked and according to my shop log, I am still being paid the original "agreed" price for the fee, without a 2 dollar cut.

I have found Confero to be very fair with their shoppers, so I would be very surprised if they cut their fees after the shop had been completed, graded, and listed on the shop log as finished. I hope they will keep your fee the same for this round.

Happily shopping in North Orange County.
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  11:09:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too checked my shop log and the higher fee is still showing. However, the email I received says that the shop log is wrong and that the correct fee is only $ 6.00. I emailed them this morning to cofirm but have not gotten a reply yet.

L.K. Eells
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Pam957

Northridge, CA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  10:27:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was upset about the fee reduction. I was also upset that you can only do 1 of these shops a day. I didn't realize this when I requested and was assigned 3 shops within a few miles of my home. Had I realized I had to do them all on seperate days, I never would have applied.

However, they are extremely easy shops.

Gold Certified Shopper in Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley
Go to Top of Page

Andrea_Calif
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  07:19:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pam,
I ran into the same problem. I took four of these in an out of the way place with the intention of bundling them into one trip. You might want to email the scheduler for permission to perform more than one per day. It worked for me.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

EellsInOC
Valued Contributor

USA
209 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  5:23:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to return here and post the responses I received from my scheduler regarding this situation. I think they are as frustrated with it as we are:

Here was the response I received to my asking why the shop fee was still listed as $ 8.00 on the shop log. I also expressed my annoyance with the fee change after applying and receiving the shop:

"I am sorry about this but it was not my doing. It was the client's
error. Per my previous email, please see below [Their shop logs will be adjusted to reflect the change after shops have been submitted.]It will not change until the shop is completed. Please let me know if you are planning
on completing the shop. Again I am sorry about the confusion. Thanks
for everything."

After confirming to him that I would do the shop I got this reply:

"I really appreciate you doing it. I am just as frustrated as you.
This has been a burden on me which has expended alot of time, energy
and money myself. It has been a pain so I understand your
frustration. Thanks again for everything."

L.K. Eells
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Pam957

Northridge, CA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  8:45:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Andrea, thanks for the tip. Since the three shops were within about 3 miles from my home, it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. I still would've rather done them in one day. Did your scheduler give you any reason why they didn't want us doing them all in one day?

Gold Certified Shopper in Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley
Go to Top of Page

Andrea_Calif
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  8:54:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pam, there was concern about mixing up the different locations. I got a friendly approval to do more than one a day with a stern warning that if any of them got mixed up, all would be rejected.

I did three of them today, and they were all very different. That, along with good notes, made it very easy to keep them straight.

Alas, I couldn't even give away the meals. My dog sure is happy though!
Go to Top of Page

Leanna
Star Contributor

TX
USA
268 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  5:14:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I must have just accepted this same shop. It happens to be convenient, I can do it tomorrow lunchtime and take the food to work. $6 fee and $9 for the food. I generally like this particular locations food so the low fee isn't troubling me. I won't drive out of my way for one, but being nearby work it will work nicely. Will be my first Confero shop.

I sure like coming here for tips and tricks and advice... I might need a volition intervention soon tho....

Silver Certified shopping East Texas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums