Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

KellyH
Star Contributor

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  3:02:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does this make sense to you?

Confero has a digital shop to be done. It requires you to announce yourself to the manager, get his/her signature, plus take multiple pictures. On top of this, you must make a $1 purchase to PROVE you were at the right location.

Am I the only one that thinks the purchase is ridiculous? The manager is signing the paperwork, what more do they need? We're taking pictures, why not let us take one of the address.

Please, give the shopper the $1, so we can put more money in our pocket...instead of purchasing empty calories. LOL

Anyone else agree? I e-mailed the scheduler, but have not received a response, yet.

MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  3:27:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KellyH
You would not believe how many people go to the wrong location - sounds strange but it's true.
As far as the manager signing the paperwork - the manager at the wrong location could do that. The MSC does not know the names of the managers and which location they work at.
As far as purchasing empty calories - how about bottled water or juice? Much healthier!

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

KellyH
Star Contributor

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  4:30:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Sheila! Are you with Confero or a scheduler? I ask since you referenced so many people go to the wrong location.

There must be some faith in the independent contractors and management--that we know the right location. A picture would show the address and we all could save a buck.

Yes, there are healthier options...just trying to be humorous about the empty calories...didn't want to sound negative in my post. Plus, this location has juice & bottled water for over a $1.

MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  4:44:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelli
No, I'm not with Confero and I'm not a scheduler. In fact, I do very few shops for them.
My comment about shoppers going to the wrong location was generic. If you read the threads about other MSC you'll read shoppers posts where they, themselves, say they accidentally went to the wrong location!
The FAQ in many MSC websites say that it happens often.
It was discussed at the Gold Certification Workshop I attended too.

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  9:50:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The manager would NOT let me take pictures - anyone else ran into this problem? I hope I still get pay because it was a 12 mile drive, plus I waited 20 min. for the manager.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  07:57:36 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you get the manager to sign anything stating he would not allow the photos to be taken?

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  08:35:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina,

You should get a business card or get them to sign something if you have anything for them to sign; it really depends on the company. I had one where I had several audits and they said if the manager doesn't let you just leave. I usually get their name and description. Did you instructions say similar? At one, the manager refused, I got their business card(so I'd know their name) and remembered what they looked like. At first I was steamed, but afterwards I secretly wished all my audits where that way. I still got paid(for 1 min of work, but that was with a different company(a famous MSC here).

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Beth in TheWineCountry
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  07:29:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed my first job with Confero and got my scores. The numbers that I was given do not correspond to the shopper performance notes listed on the website. I was not given a "number" (i.e. 9 or 10) on it either. One of the numbers I was given was close to one on the shopper performance notes but not that exact one. I sent an email asking for clarification but wondered if anyone has any insight on this. BTW, this was a FF shop and the numbers I got were in the 1000 range.

Thanks!

Beth

Gold Certified shopper happily evaluating
the North SF bay area
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  10:09:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sometimes they don't include the actual "Grade" in your email notice. Try looking at your Shop Log on their web site, it will have your grade.
Go to Top of Page

Beth in TheWineCountry
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  11:03:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terry,

There is no grade in the shop log either.

Beth

Gold Certified shopper happily evaluating
the North SF bay area
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  08:57:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone received payment for September shops?

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

.KSSSabrina
Inactive

Rock Hill, SC
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  10:05:29 AM  Visit .KSSSabrina's Homepage  Send .KSSSabrina an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

Confero pays shoppers around the 25th of the month following shop completion. For instance, January shops are paid in February. June shops are paid in July. September shops are paid in October.

I have confirmed that the mass payment for September shops has been sent to PayPal; however, PayPal must process the transaction, which can take up to 3 business days for some while others may show up immediately. Please keep an eye on your account for the payment to arrive.

Happy Shopping!

Sabrina Boone
KSS Scheduling Manager for Confero, Inc.

Sabrina Boone
KSS International, Inc.
KSSSabrina@kernscheduling.com
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  4:19:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my Sept. shop payment from paypal today.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Genevieve

Woodstock, GA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  06:40:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anybody done their grocery store shop?

There are a ton of these in my area, but I'm afraid of that "must observe a large bagging order" requirement. How large an order are they talking about? And just how am I supposed to find a way to inconspicuously hang around the check out area until one comes along? (The reimbursement amount is too low to even consider having a large order myself.)
Go to Top of Page

RBSawyer
Contributor

Naples, FL
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  08:26:36 AM  Send RBSawyer an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hate to admit it, but I have gone to the wrong location before, twice that I can remember. I am a pretty intelligent person and felt ridiculous when I did this. I think it was because I had overscheduled myself and had too much on my mind.

Robyn B Sawyer
Go to Top of Page

Vonni
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  08:38:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Genevieve,
I have done the grocery shop. I agree about the reimbursement fee. I either do my weekly shopping at the time, or I circle the store like a vulture until I see someone with a large order getting into line. Then I jump in line behind them or at the register next to them and observe their order. I hope that helps.

Yvonne
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jahn Z
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  8:42:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sheila,

You did not answer Kelly's legit point. Why not have another picture of the front sign with addy/street number on it?

Jahn
Go to Top of Page

MikaVR
Valued Contributor

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  07:34:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Genevieve,
I have not had a problem finding a large order to watch. There is always someone there with a large order. I don't have to hang around the register area either.... just stand in a line (which might seem weird because I'm only buying one thing!) rather than go through self-checkout.

It is a lot of information and departments and names and timings to do for the pay. I did about 14 of them when I first started and I have a routine down now. But I decided, after reading Volition, that my time is worth more than that. It takes at least 90 minutes for me to complete the shop and input the info, plus driving and gas. So I have decided I will still do them for my scheduler when he calls in an emergency, but mainly I'm waiting for the bonuses.
Go to Top of Page

.KSSSabrina
Inactive

Rock Hill, SC
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  2:23:09 PM  Visit .KSSSabrina's Homepage  Send .KSSSabrina an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Shoppers,

While it is true that bonuses are offered in more remote areas, we reserve those to reward shoppers who help us throughout the month on locations closer to home without them, who then pick up an out of the way visit when emergencies arise. It's a disservice to our end client on many levels when shoppers "hold out" for bonuses until the end of the month, particularly if the location is around the corner from their home. Shoppers who participated throughout the month will be given first choice on any bonus shops.

Thank you all for your continued loyalty to Confero and for your help in 2007. We look forward to a sensational New Year, working together!

Sabrina Boone
Scheduling Manager
KSS International, Inc. for Confero

Sabrina Boone
KSS International, Inc.
KSSSabrina@kernscheduling.com
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  2:37:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KSSSabrina
It's a disservice to our end client on many levels when shoppers "hold out" for bonuses until the end of the month, particularly if the location is around the corner from their home.

Shoppers may not be holding out, maybe they just don't feel the job is justified for the fee, even if it's just around the corner, without the bonus. If you offered the bonus earlier you wouldn't have to worry about shops being scheduled so late.

Loyalty is a 2-way street.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums