Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

LittleJo

Hickory, NC
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  5:32:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shop for various different companies and confero is my least favorite to shop for. There are many reasons but the main ones are their spell ck does not work properly and I always get little notes saying that my spelling was wrong( even AFTER I use their spellcheck). I also have had 2 different reviewers send me emails with grades about the same shop and the grades were way apart.I can never get anyone to reply to my questions. A few weeks ago, I received a nice little email from one of the reviewers saying that they did not know if I would receive payment since I did not fax my receipt. I did fax it but I guess they didnt receive it so I faxed it again. I emailed 3 times asking if they had received the faxed receipt and no one ever bothered to answer my emails.
Their pay is very low compared to other companies I work with doing basically the same type shop with lot less questions to answer.I dont think they have increased their pay in years.
Go to Top of Page

Vonni
Valued Contributor

NC
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  11:09:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Chris's comments. There are certain shop offers (and not just from Confero) that I just automatically delete when there is not a bonus offered. I do this especially if I have previously completed the shop for the regular fee and I know that it is way too much work for the money. There are some shops that I wouldn't do a second time no matter what the bonus. I think that many times the bonus just makes the fee what it should have been in the first place. The grocery shop is a prime example. I only do them once in a while, but the ones I do for other companies have a much more reasonable amount of work for the fee.

Yvonne
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MelissaBAsheville
Apprentice

Asheville, NC
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  11:47:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am in the early stages of my Mystery Shopping Career and let me say thank you to all shoppers who post throughout Volition.com they have helped me immensley! On the topic of Confero Inc. I have really enjoyed my time shopping with them. The schedulers and editors were helpful and guided me through the entire process on my very first shop! I really like this company and my particular geographic market lends itself to one of their clients the best part is it's a place I already shop. I only hope I get more shops from them in the near future.

Cheers,
Melissa
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  9:09:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Shoppers may not be holding out, maybe they just don't feel the job is justified for the fee, even if it's just around the corner, without the bonus. If you offered the bonus earlier you wouldn't have to worry about shops being scheduled so late.
Excellent post Chris. I completely agree. I hold out for bonuses from EVERY company that I work for [unless they pay a decent fee to start with]. What they (most companies) pay at the beginning of their cycle is NOT worth the gas or time (not to mention effort) needed to even consider making a profit. For me, this is a money making endeavor.

I have done two jobs for Confero. I have been paid as agreed each time with no issues. I have absolutely no qualms about working for them, but do hold out for a bonus.

Additionally, after reading numerous derogatory posts (and after hearing horror stories from friends/family) about engine issues after visiting their client, I seriously consider any offers before accepting jobs for this particular client.

Edited to add: [unless they pay a decent fee to start with]

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Vette
Trainee

Georgia
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  4:08:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done my last shop for this company! I refuse to receive feedback on reports that I know read one way when I submitted them, but the score I received, was based on answers that I know I did not submit.
Like others of you, I have emailed the reviewer with questions and corrections to the answers that were used to grade the my reports. Have never once received an answer.
Seems that if their clients gets a poor score on the shop report, the shopper gets a poor score from the reviewer!
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  6:50:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done some jobs for Confero with no mishaps, but I don't take shops for them any longer. At least one of the stores they schedule for shops has signs warning the employees to be alert for mystery shoppers, which is fine, but the sign also says that the employee will be rewarded if they identify the shopper. The shopper is supposed to spend 20-30 minutes in the store, check the stock for the weekly ad front page sale items, ask an employee for help, and then purchase 3.00 worth of groceries. If the shopper goes in during slow business hours and the employees are anxious for a reward then the shopper is pretty much a sitting duck. The employee gets a reward and I lose the 11.00 pay and 3.00 reimbursement. More than that, the store management verifies that I am the shopper when rewarding the employee and the store is in a strip mall and the employees of the various stores visit the others. This jeopardizes the department store, cell phone shop, shoe shop and sandwich shop in the strip that I also shop. Its just not worth it for me.

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Cate
Contributor

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  8:41:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellen, have you mentioned the signs to Confero? One would think that the corporate purpose of having a shopper program is to "catch 'em doing good" or poorly (as the case may be), not to catch the shopper. I don't mind warnings that a shopper may be around if it inspires employees to exert extra effort in customer service, but rewarding employees for correctly guessing who the shopper is defeats the whole client investment in the program.

Cate
Go to Top of Page

KBendig
Trainee

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  9:19:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Confero is wonderful. I never had an issue with payment and I normally do 2 jobs for them a month.
After doing a shop yesterday my son became ill. I couldn't stop to enter the shop and spent the night in the ER. After coming home I emailed the scheduler explaining why my shop would be late. I woke up to an email saying everything was fine.
I had another one scheduled for tomorrow and asked if I could reschedule so I could be home. It was rescheduled for me right away with no problems at all. It was wonderful and the scheduler was great.

Out of the companies I shop for Confero is one of the best.
Go to Top of Page

AnnaG

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:28:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had good experiences with them. I have only encountered one issue, a shop was scheduled and the business was closed for renovation. I came home, reported that to them and was paid. No problems at all and the schedulers were helpful and friendly. I have always gotten good grades for them. My only qualm- they dont have enough shops in my area!
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  4:24:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company wins my prize for MOST interested in protecting shopper identity. On the shops I do for them, they make a point of concealing enough information from the client to keep my identity private. I appreciate that A LOT.
Go to Top of Page

CaitShop

Anderson, SC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  12:32:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a way to sign up with them? Thanks in advance!!

Caitlin
Go to Top of Page

.KSSSabrina
Inactive

Rock Hill, SC
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  12:36:54 PM  Visit .KSSSabrina's Homepage  Send .KSSSabrina an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
www.sassieshop.com/2confero

Sabrina Boone
KSS International, Inc.
KSSSabrina@kernscheduling.com
Go to Top of Page

CaitShop

Anderson, SC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  12:44:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks!

Caitlin
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  3:20:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Confero needs a mathematician on their staff. I have completed two shops for them. They just offered me another and I checked my Shop Log while I was on their site. I have two 9's for scores and an average of 8. As a teacher of math this bothers me a bit.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  4:08:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's that "new math" that wasn't around when I was in school. On the other hand, maybe they start you out at some number, lets say 7. If you average out the two 9's and a 7 you would have an average of 8. Sounds good anyways.
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  5:47:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know whats up with Confero? About a week ago the posted over 650 jobs in California for a soft drink company in a ff chain. I signed up for a bunch, but they are still listed as pending. ALL of the jobs for the entire state are still on their job board and the window period for completion ends tomorrow.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

JoanG
Valued Contributor

Anaheim Hills, CA
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  5:55:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You're right. There's 230 within a 30 miles radius of me showing with due dates of tomorrow.

Joan
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  6:28:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JanB27

Confero needs a mathematician on their staff. I have completed two shops for them. They just offered me another and I checked my Shop Log while I was on their site. I have two 9's for scores and an average of 8. As a teacher of math this bothers me a bit.

Some companies automatically start you with a score of 5. Either they throw that number away when you post a real score, or they use it to average in. It appears that Confero averages it in. So with two 9s, you have a total of 3 shops (the first 5 you started with, and then the two 9s). You add the three together, divide by 3, and get 7.66666... Round up and you have an average of 8.

I'm a preschool teacher, so all of the above math was counted on my fingers <g>.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  6:37:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for pointing that out! I had applied for the only one in my area but tomorrow is already booked, so I deleted the application. I had forgotten to check it.
Go to Top of Page

Jewel

Bonne Terre, MO
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  11:25:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is this a recent change for Confero that they put a bunch of shops on the board with a due date then the due date approaches and the shops are still pending applications? I received an email saying they had audits open so I applied for several of them in the general area I shop and today is the due date for these audits and still pending applications and the shops are still listed on the boards. I have never had a problem with Confero before this month. I have been shopping mostly with Shop'n Chek lately and haven't done shops for confero for a couple of months so I was just wondering if this is a new problem.

Jewel
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums