Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  05:20:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Karen in IL, That was impressive, that you could do the division on your fingers to several decimal places!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

TimothyCA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
150 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  07:39:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jewel

Is this a recent change for Confero that they put a bunch of shops on the board with a due date then the due date approaches and the shops are still pending applications?
They did this twice in a row on this project--at least in my area. I ended up deleting my applications when I didn't hear the day before the end date. Makes you wondered if there is a problem with their client.

I never got a response to my email about a location they listed that does not exist and the listed phone number was not in service.

Timothy
MSPA GOLD Certified
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  5:46:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just checked and all of those jobs that were due on the 18th are gone in my area. Did anyone get them and were the dates changed for you?

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Larry S
Valued Contributor

Simi Valley, CA
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  6:19:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nope. They dropped off my pendings and dropped off the job board.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

SueW

San Jose, CA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  8:28:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wonder how often they pay to the shoppers.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  9:55:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They pay near the end of each month via PayPal for the prior month's shops. I completed one of the fast food soft drink audits in NJ. There weren't too many posted here.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  10:18:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JanB27

Karen in IL, That was impressive, that you could do the division on your fingers to several decimal places!
You should see how I do logarithms!

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

MikaVR
Valued Contributor

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  3:11:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw a shop for the 16th and so I requested it on the 16th as I had to do some shopping.... well, it stayed in the "pending" category until the 18th! Then, it looks like someone went in and changed the date so now it was "pending" for the 23rd! Without mentioning it to me!! Well, I can't do it on the 23rd, I could only do it on the 16th, which is when I requested it. I could still have inputted the information after the weekend. I still had my receipt and my notes. It's weird someone changed the date, and still didn't assign it, all without telling me. I deleted my request.
Go to Top of Page

LAlao
Star Contributor

LA
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  12:10:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Their shops in this area are scheduled by Kern. I've noticed when I apply on the Kern site, I get assigned (or not) right away. When I applied on the Confero site, the apps just stayed there. Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Linda York

NY
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  10:18:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done about 5 shops for Confero. My schedulers at Kern have been very nice, but it could be because I keep scoring 9's on my bank shops. That's with a nonworking spell-checker, which I don't need anyway. Their bank shops are a generous $18, and the guidelines for the narratives are crystal clear. There's a guideline for every question.

I'm taking one of their soft drink photo shops next week. Looking forward to it, although I don't eat FF. I've done 13 banks in a month, and I can do them in my sleep. No hiding on this one.

I'm fairly new and I don't understand the pending assignment issue. My second shop was pending only because the editing of the first was behind schedule. I think some of those pending shops were emailed out directly tonight. Any more ideas out there on this issue?
Go to Top of Page

WilGroseclose
Trainee

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  2:33:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At least in this area they are very frustrating: they have some good shops, but all require a grade of 7 to do it. I applied and was given a 5 automaticly. There have been no shops which I can accept to change to grade - I get 8.9. and 10 normally. I called twice to ask and was told I had to find unrestricted shops, which never appear here. I guess they don't need new shoppers in Oklahoma City. Anyone else with the problem??

Wil Groseclose
Go to Top of Page

Mist
Trainee

Spring, TX
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  4:12:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find Confero has a moderate amount of job offers that I get to take advantage of that aren't overly time consuming. I have very few delays on getting assignments scheduled. I have never had a problem with getting paid on time.

What does bother me about Confero is the way they grade. I get many a 9, but there is no reason as to why it is lower. I have very few 10s with them, where with most other sassie shop sites all I have is 10s. And to top it off, lately I keep getting dinged for grammar and spelling errors. I print each shop report before submitting to a .pdf file; there are no spelling/grammar areas (in my previous life I wrote & edited articles as part of my PR job). I even write in word and then cut and paste into the form and then run spell check just to be sure. I was even told my last shop needed to be in past tense. I checked--it was! I'm learning not to take it personally, but it does bug me. I've heard of others who have that problem and I have had it with another company once before, but with Confero it is starting to happen a lot. Makes me question their editors.

Mist
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  07:57:31 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Confero just grades a little more realistically than other Sassie sites...If they have to make any change, whether that be a comma, a typo, a caps error, anything, you will not get a 10. Since a 10 is basically 100%, this makes sense...

If these are the issues, you will get a 9. If there are larger issues then it obviously goes down from there..

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Rachel B.
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  10:26:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WilGroseclose

At least in this area they are very frustrating: they have some good shops, but all require a grade of 7 to do it. I applied and was given a 5 automaticly. There have been no shops which I can accept to change to grade - I get 8.9. and 10 normally. I called twice to ask and was told I had to find unrestricted shops, which never appear here. I guess they don't need new shoppers in Oklahoma City. Anyone else with the problem??
Usually, applying to a company that uses Sassie will give you a 5 right off the bat, I believe. When schedulers choose who does the jobs, I believe they take that into consideration. I got a shop requiring an 8 or above with Confero for my first shop, and that was because the scheduler was able to look at my history and see that I was a new shopper with that company.

Just keep applying to everything. Eventually, someone will choose you.

Rachel
Silver Certified pw4vpo
Go to Top of Page

Mist
Trainee

Spring, TX
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  10:31:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't have a problem with the way they grade; I do get plenty of 10s, just not all like most other companies. What I have a problem with is that the errors they are saying are there, aren't. Like I said, I keep a copy of my reports--just in case--and I do have a decent command of the English language. Yeah, mistakes happen, one can get a little lazy, and it is tough to edit yourself, especially right after you write, but I can go back later and edit with a fine tooth comb, and they just aren't there. Not only do I always run spell check, but I write in word and mistakes turn bright red as I write. Then I still go back and check (just in case my typo is a real word). Then I re-check. It just makes me wonder. All in all though, it's not a company I have a problem with. There are a couple out there that I won't shop for ever again.

Mist
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jen in Raleigh

Raleigh, NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  4:23:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone completed any of their "casual dining/beverage/possible reveal" shops? Is it me, or does this seem like a lot of effort for a $6 fee and reimbursement under $10?

I haven't been to this quick-serve sandwich/salad bar place before--maybe it is worth 3 possible reveals with a number of criteria to remember for each employee, a couple of timings, a 50 question survey and a short-ish narrative.

Not only that, you don't even get to give the employee the actual prize if they are successful, or a prize certificate--you just take their info and tell the manager a prize will be mailed to them...

I love Confero, but this fee surprised me a bit based on the perceived effort. I haven't completed the shop yet, so I am eager to hear from any of you who have been through the experience.

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  5:04:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one, and it was simple. There looks like a lot to remember on paper, but in reality it's not difficult to remember.
Go to Top of Page

Jen in Raleigh

Raleigh, NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  7:32:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I JUST walked in from this shop and felt a responsibility to update my previous post. Mind you, I have only completed the "paper-based" version of the survey (haven't filled out the online version yet), but because I won't have a lot of "please explain all 'no' responses" on this one, it looks like this will be fairly easy to complete, just as Jennifer said.

DH and I enjoyed the food and I would do another one of these shops--if Confero will still have me. I still think the fee is low, but with the fee plus reimbursement my meal was covered. Regardless, we will return there on our own for a fast meal, or salad.

This experience highlights one of my FAVORITE parts of MSing--forcing me to get out of my comfort zone (a.k.a rut), and try new places.

I'm off to check out the Confero site for new postings...Mmm, mmm, I love crow on toast for a midnight snack, don't you? It goes so well with with those late-night surveys...
Go to Top of Page

Brenda5
Apprentice

Asheville, NC
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  06:06:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how long it normally takes for them to grade you?

I did my first shop for them and submitted it on 4/1. I haven't heard anything (good or bad) about the shop yet. They have lots more of the same type of shops near me (grocery), but I was waiting to get my first grade, just so I know if I'm giving them what they are looking for, kwim?
Brenda

Brenda
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  5:22:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been doing a bunch of shops for them lately, and I usually get a grade/review less than a week later. For example, I did a shop on 4/2/08 and got the review on 4/7/08. HTH.

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums