Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  06:43:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did two last night and took less than an hour for both. Both locations won so I even had to do the extra paper work. Get in make conversations short but professional.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  08:29:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did get an email from Confero that the amount I spent on the meal would be reimbursed.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca Hendrix
Valued Contributor

Headland, Alabama
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  10:19:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Confero! The schedulers are great and they pay like clockwork!

Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

JenFelix
Contributor

Randleman, NC
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  4:26:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only time I ever got a 10 from them when I do some of their grocery shops is when I have dirt on the store. If I report that everything was great, clean and everyone was helpful, I get between a 7 and a 9, but when I say the cashier was not friendly or someone did not acknowledge me in one of the aisles I end up with a 10. Just seems kind of strange to me. Otherwise they pay well and always on time, so I guess can't really complain.

Jennifer "Cookielady" Felix, Silver Certified. Still shopping and loving it.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  5:31:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought they were all dinner hour shops.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

JulieBee

Cincinnati, OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  10:20:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Im wondering if Confero requires a "new" shopper to be MSPA certified before giving them any assignments?

Ive tried three times last week, to get one of those REVEALED instant reward fast food shops but each time (after a couple of days of waiting) Ive received an email stating that the shop is closed and has been assigned to another shopper. I logged on today and two of the locations I requested last week are showing as available again (with the same due date, hours, pay, and everything).

Im going to request it again but was just wondering if anyone knew why they might be "passing" on my requests?

Julie
Ohio Newbie Shopping the Greater Cincinnati Area
Go to Top of Page

Anna-L
Valued Contributor

TN
USA
223 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  11:01:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only thing that annoys me about Conferro is the number of e-mails they send, over and over and over again.

Anna
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  11:28:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JulieBee

Im wondering if Confero requires a "new" shopper to be MSPA certified before giving them any assignments?

Nope. I get plenty of approvals from them, even when I started. However, it may take awhile. Remember there are lots of shoppers applying for the jobs and many have a track record already. Just keep at it, sooner or later you'll be approved.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

LoraM
Valued Contributor

Eau Claire, Michigan
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  7:28:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody else wonder about the "you're financially liable if the cards aren't distributed correctly" line for the reveal shops? I stated that I was responsible for getting them back to the company, but not for making sure the manager distributed them correctly. I don't want $10 a card taken out on me if the manager doesn't do their job. Or am I just being unjust paranoid?

Loralee ~Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  7:52:24 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is my story on the cards. After completing 49 jobs for them, I have stopped taking any of their jobs with the cards. I completed two jobs where neither of the locations won. I sent the cards and all of the paperwork in one envelope. Each job was separated and all of the material for each job stapled to the corresponding paperwork.

I get an email they have not received the cards for one of the jobs. I email them back and tell them they must have both if they have one and explain exactly how I sent them. I get no response. I get paid for the one and not the other. I email the scheduler and they send an email to Confero. I never heard anything back. I chalked it up to experience, hard lesson learned and moved on, but have not taken anymore of those jobs since.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  8:21:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Those reveal shops if I remember where advertised to silver and up.

Pam you have me worried now. I sent 4 shops in one bag.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  8:25:48 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good luck. If it were me...and I am glad it's not. I would call them and speak to someone. Don't wait.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

JulieBee

Cincinnati, OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  8:44:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PJLaw1

Those reveal shops if I remember where advertised to silver and up.

Pam you have me worried now. I sent 4 shops in one bag.

PJ - where should I look for the "advertised to silver & up" comment? I just took a look at the restrictions and all it say is...

You must meet the following qualifications to apply for this shop:
* You cannot have shopped the same location within 90 days
* Your age must be 21 years or More

Should I be looking somewhere else?

Julie
Ohio Newbie Shopping the Greater Cincinnati Area
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  10:01:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

PJ - where should I look for the "advertised to silver & up" comment? I just took a look at the restrictions and all it say is...

You must meet the following qualifications to apply for this shop:
* You cannot have shopped the same location within 90 days
* Your age must be 21 years or More

Should I be looking somewhere else?
quote:

I believe it was sent as an email to silver and up, that's how i found out about it.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

Linda York

NY
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  10:11:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bad news regarding the bank's new MSP--they want the teller shop and rep shop combined for $17 with 102 questions + narratives. Teller shops don't stand alone any more. I'm closing my account.
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  08:52:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've applied for the teller only shops, but they've been pending forever with the new MSP. So, there are some teller only shops. They may have been drive-thrus, don't remember. I won't be doing the combo's either. Hated them with Confero and I'm sure I'll dislike them more with new MSP.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  09:17:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Confero was my very first company I worked with - I remember doing shops with carbon paper - you sent back the white and yellow sheets, but kept the pink for your own records. Long time ago. I feel old.
Go to Top of Page

Camille Brown
Valued Contributor

Springfield, MO
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  09:57:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am wondering about the prize packages having to be signed for. Last week I received one of those and it was left at the door when I was not home. Yesterday there was attempted delivery of another and the driver did not leave since I was not at home. I've stayed home all morning today when I needed to be out working awaiting his return as I know I probably will be working tomorrow when the third attempt at delivery would be made. The carrier said there was no way to avoid this as the sender required a signature. The carrier terminal is quite far from my house, so I really did not care to go up there. The package would already be on the truck anyway. For future reference, how could this best be remedied?

Camille Brown
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  10:03:08 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
You can contact the local delivery location and request to pick up all packages at the office. That is what I finally had to do as they would not give even a four hour window for delivery. Of course, then you have to deduct the drive time and gas from your pay.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  10:47:34 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lora M,

With respect to the responsibility question, I checked "no", and explained I wouldn't accept such for the stated fee, which was $18. It's business for MSCs to extract as much as possible from shoppers, for the least pay; for that reason, each of us must decide our level of comfortability. I chose not to be responsible for a matter over which I had absolutely no control.

Bob
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums