Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Joyce in Maine
Valued Contributor

Maine
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  12:01:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am also having a problem with the delivery of the prizes. The first package that went out last week was also left at my door and I completed those shops. The Fedex man has come twice already this week and I have missed him with prizes for one last shop. If I miss him today, I am not driving 30 miles to pick up the package. I know I will not do these shops again they are not worth it- my purchase was almost $1 more than the reimbursement amount. I sent them a note - but I have not heard back. To me this is definitely not worth the hassle and the amount of payment.

Joyce

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

LoraM
Valued Contributor

Eau Claire, Michigan
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  5:01:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bob, glad to hear that I wasn't the only one who clicked on 'decline'. :) Phew!

Loralee ~Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Camille Brown
Valued Contributor

Springfield, MO
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  5:56:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I waited at home today six hours past the time I had planned to leave for other work in order to be here when the carrier arrived. Although I enjoyed the previous shop I did for this, it is not worth it for the small fee to have to be home to sign for the package. I'll need to pass in the future unless I am sure I will be home.

Camille Brown
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  6:45:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Had a time today looking for a Fedex location to drop the package off at. Wish they would us UPS. Also, got a 10/10 on one of my jobs. Funny I said the same thing on all of them.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Camille Brown
Valued Contributor

Springfield, MO
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  04:26:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FedEx packages ready to ship can be dropped off at any of the mailing facilities such as Mail Box It. Also, you can look online on the FedEx site for nearby locations of drop boxes.

Camille Brown
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  04:40:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Or just call and have them pick it up. I've never looked for a drop off place, just call them and arrange to leave it outside your door or I've taken it with me, while doing other jobs and had them pick it up there.
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  06:46:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
With all of the talk of cards going missing I wanted to hand deliver it. I was also out doing a job so it was convenient for me also.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

BrandonS
Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  12:21:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JulieBee

Im wondering if Confero requires a "new" shopper to be MSPA certified before giving them any assignments?

Ive tried three times last week, to get one of those REVEALED instant reward fast food shops but each time (after a couple of days of waiting) Ive received an email stating that the shop is closed and has been assigned to another shopper. I logged on today and two of the locations I requested last week are showing as available again (with the same due date, hours, pay, and everything).

Im going to request it again but was just wondering if anyone knew why they might be "passing" on my requests?

I have the same problem with them and their sandwich shops. I can't get one at all. I'm Silver certified, but it looks like there is a catch 22 to the program: you have to have a rating of at least an 8 to do the shop, but I have never done a shop with them, so my rating is 5. I can't raise my rating without doing shops, but I can't get shops because I don't have a high enough rating.

This is definitely why you don't put all your eggs in one basket!
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
465 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  12:23:57 PM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess it all depends on your local fedex dude as to how the packages are being handled. I got assigned three reveal shops this round and the package was left under my front door mat. I ended up with two being successful and one not so I had some cards to return. They did not complete the fedex return form as to how they wanted it shipped back so I selected the cheapest version. I guess I better check the tracking number to make sure that they received it okay.

The paperwork did take a tad little longer to complete this time since they wanted the last 4 digits of the card number on the form that you handed out.

Confero has always been great to me although I did not get a shop with them until I got certified. They pay in a timely manner. My one and only Hero remark was from Confero.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising exclusively!
Go to Top of Page

PennyT
Contributor

CA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  12:35:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one of these reveal shops yesterday. The place passed, but only had three employees working so I had cards to return. I contacted the scheduler and she said to send it back by Fedex Saver. I personally do not like to be responsible for the cards for such low pay. I do like to food I like the reveals where you give them a certificate and the company sends the cards directly to the winners. The manager at my location was disappointed that she could not activate the cards until the shop was verified. My cards were delivered Fedex Home with no signature required. They were just left in front of my front door.

Penny in NorCal
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  05:08:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I dont have a local Fedex thats the problem.

Funny you should mention sending the cards directly to the location. I have 2 huge locations that I did 10+ employees. One passed the other did not. Well the one that did wanted 12 cards. I only had 10 for them. I submitted my report stating such. I get an email saying that they will be sending 2 cards to the location. Why cant they just send them all?

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  05:18:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had to send cards back, too. The instructions said to put your name, address and date only, and FedEx would scan and know how to ship it. I put them in a drop box, so I hope they get there!
Go to Top of Page

Kristi in VA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
205 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  12:54:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had to return cards as well and found it something of a hassle to get them sent back. I tried to have them pick it up but the FedEx number on the packing slip was not set up for this service according to the message and they could not pick it up without an account number. I looked on FedEx.com and found an address for a local drop box, but could not find one at the location anywhere. I finally found a FedEx store, but the employee was very confused and wasn't sure how to send it back. My form did not have any particular method selected so I finally just told him to use the cheapest method since I wasn't paying for it and didn't want to get charged the difference if they wanted it sent cheaper!

If I did it again at least I would know where the FedEx store was but I also much prefer the reveal shops where we only have to give a certificate!

Kristi
Happily shopping her way towards being debt-free!
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca Hendrix
Valued Contributor

Headland, Alabama
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  06:24:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For some reason, I was supposed to have to sign for my package of cards, yet Fed Ex left them laying on the front porch I did shops, mentioned it, got no reply.

Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

Cheri_P

NC
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  1:26:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arrgh! I received a letter from FedEx today saying they were unable to bill the account indicated for my return package so they sent me the $40 bill! What a pain. I won't be doing these shops again. What a hassle.
I'm waiting for a reply from the Confero rep on how they can fix this.

Cheri
Go to Top of Page

Cheri_P

NC
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  1:35:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've got to give them (Confero) credit. Jenny jumped right on it! Maybe they can fix this for me.

Cheri
Go to Top of Page

MissAnita

Greensboro, NC
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  6:59:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received a bill from FedEx but mine was for 30.53. My letter says that the account number listed on the airbill was invalid.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  7:09:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for one of these reward shops for giggles. They passed, but unfortunately only 8 employees were on duty. It was a funny shop though because when I went in to congratulate the manager, he blanched and became paralyzed with fear, almost panicked. I tried to explain to him that he and the rest of the employees won a gift card, free money and that was a good thing. He shook terribly as he filled out the form. I had to tell him how to fill out each line because he was too frightened to read the text. Heaven help me if I had to Oops him instead.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

Kristi in VA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
205 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  7:24:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm starting to get concerned about these shops. I did one on the 14th and one on the 15th and sent the unused cards back the next day. My shops still are not rated or showing that they have received the items. What has been the turnaround time for the rest of you? Should I start trying to get in touch with them?

Kristi
Happily shopping her way towards being debt-free!
Go to Top of Page

Sasha SF
Contributor

montreal, qc
Canada
50 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  9:28:32 PM  Send Sasha SF an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a FedEx bill was well saying the payer requested that I be paid now. What should I do, what is going on?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums