Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  04:02:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I find amazing, is what is paid for sending and returning these prizes vs what the shop fee is. Looks like FedEx and the employees who win are making out a lot better than the shopper.
Go to Top of Page

CaudellDe
Contributor

Springville, IN
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  05:31:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This was originally posted on the "ten foot pole" thread but bears repeating with a few additions. (especially that I now see I may be receiving a bill from Fed Ex )

Okay. First of all let me say that I have had nothing but positive experiences from this company and wish that there were more than just the FF reveal in my area. Who knows, maybe there are and I'm just not allowed to see them. Anyway, I took the one where the order taker has to say the right thing and then the entire working staff gets gift cards that are worth almost twice as much as the shopper pay. I decided to break it down and here goes:

Printed instructions and guidelines printed out-6 pages
Time spent waiting on Fed Ex delivery of prizes since it had to be signed for-1/2 day
Time spent writing down numbers from all ten prizes and rereading instructions-1 hour
Time spent driving to shop and back in temperature of -7 degrees, wind chill -22, 45 minutes.
Time spent at actual shop performing shop and waiting on manager signatures etc. 1/2 hour
Time spent filling out shop report-1/2 hour
Time spent packaging unused prizes to send back with correct numbers, postage etc.-1/2 hour
Time spent looking for Fed Ex box, which I discovered was a least 35 miles away-1/2 hour
Time spent calling Fed Ex to have shipment picked up-15 minutes

I think the thing that really gets me about this entire shop is the fact that since it was successful, the employees who just happened to be working at the time and had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the success of the shop were already making their employee wages, and received a $10.00 gift card on top of that. I, on the other hand, received $6.00 for the time and work listed above. Just doesn't seem quite right

Time spent sweating out whether my unused prizes reach their destination so far-16 days.

Deborah
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  05:41:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My 2 are for next week, but after reading this post, I'm wishing I hadn't signed up at all!!!

Madge
Go to Top of Page

LittleJo

Hickory, NC
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  05:50:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
These types of shops are just to much touble for the little bit of pay you receive. I have turned them down because of this. Where I live, I would have to drive at least 30 miles to return the cards to them and it sure isnt worth the pay you get for doing the shop. Conferio used to be one of the best mystery shop companies but they have changed lately and are getting to be like the others. Want you to work for them for free is how it is starting to look.
The people who proofread the reports make many many errors and then grade you bad because of it. I was graded a 8 with them telling me I did not fax the report. No I didnt. I scanned it and sent it all at one. No one ever replied to my question about it. Come to think of it, no one ever answered ANY of the questions I have ask.
I have stopped doing shops of them and moved on to other companies that actually pay enough to cover my time for doing them.
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  07:57:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This shop was the biggest hassle. I was a nervous wreck about completing it, and now I don't think I sent in the report on time. Add in I didn't get the stuff until the night before the deadline of the shop's due date, and I'm exhausted-over a small fee for this shop. It leaves me to wonder if I should continue to MS, but then again, not all shops or companies make you jump through hoops.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  08:00:00 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jen, do not give up msing over one company. I love doing this work and have never had a job that created such havoc for me. I won't even take them bonused. No money is worth the trouble I went through, not to mention the hoops, the report, etc...

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  1:29:34 PM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote

A big “thank you” to all who let us know about this FedEx invoice issue. FedEx is now aware of the error and has corrected their system. If you have already received an invoice for shipping a package back to Confero or Ritway, or if you get one in the future, you may disregard it. We are sorry for the inconvenience this caused.

Amy
Confero™ Project Coordinator
Customer Experience Research, Rewards, Results
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

Gary_Utah

Magna, UT
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  1:46:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe I'm just different on these FF reveal shops. But they were the easiest that I have completed.

The survey was 1 page (about 8-10 questions if I remember) so there was not much to study.

Both the ones I did were successful. I went in, had an enjoyable 10 minute tops meeting with the manager. I filled out the paper work with the manager - double checked it there. Both shops had 10 employee's including manager so there was nothing to ship back.

Came back, scanned the forms - filled out the survey. (Took about 10 minutes) Got "10" ratings on both. With driveing I probably spent 45 mintues tops on these shops.

I will say - that my wife was at home to accept the delivery of the cards so that did help.

Gary
Silver Certified - January 2009
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  4:16:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Whew, I was worried. The bill was very expensive.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50247 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  4:19:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
But, did you really think you would have to pay it?
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
465 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  4:30:00 PM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a bill from Fedex for $20 for shipping the cards back to Riteway. Of course their billing office closes at 6pm cst I hope Amy is right and the problem is straightened out.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising exclusively!
Go to Top of Page

Kristi in VA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
205 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  5:41:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received the email saying that any bills sent were in error, but my shops from the 14th and 15th still have not been rated. Has anyone else received any confirmation that their unused prizes were received? I'm now concerned that best case scenario I will not be paid for these shops until March because they will be graded in time and that worst case scenario I will be responsible for these unused cards that I sent back immediately! ARGH!

Kristi
Happily shopping her way towards being debt-free!
Go to Top of Page

WarnerJen

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  6:03:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a bill today too, for almost $50. Glad to hear it just wasn't me!

Jen
Go to Top of Page

Camille Brown
Valued Contributor

Springfield, MO
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  6:23:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email today that my unused prizes had been received and my shops 1/12 and 1/16 were rated. I received no bill.

Camille Brown
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  7:17:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had 4 of these shops. Kinda of weried but they rated two of the shops right after I submitted. 10/10 9/10 and the other two with a code think it was 1030. I did not get a rating for the others until a few weeks later. Guess when they received the prizes.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Kristi in VA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
205 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  7:39:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I did check with FedEx and it states that it was delivered and signed for on 1/22. Of course I have heard nothing from them and my shops are still not rated. I just received an email for another round of these shops in February at the same rate. Oh sure, sign me up for 5!

Kristi
Happily shopping her way towards being debt-free!
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  08:12:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why is everyone so panicked over these jobs? They are very easy, don't make them more complicated than they are. The packages are tracked by FedEx, so you track them. You can drop them off or have them picked up at home, a neighbor's house, church, work, a hotel/motel, a business where you know someone, etc. There are endless possibilities. Those that were charged from FedEx will not have to pay the bills.

The only problem I have had with these shops is the instructions did not include what to check on the FedEx form. They could have prevented these issues by stating what boxes to check.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

CliffG

New York
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  10:55:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This was a GREAT SHOP fast food shop. If the crews or teams that did what they should got a small reward. I did get a bill from Fed Ex; I called Fed Ex and they corrected and re-billed to Rite which was as the Bill of lading said in billing. It took no more time to rear or perform then a typical Fast food shop that had not in unit time requirement. It would be nice to be paid more but we have a choice as to acceptor decline an job at the fees offered. I for one liked the fact we get a reaction from the manager and crew then advised.
This is s good company to work with and has always paid as they said.
I always get packages from Fed Ex, UPS, Emery so signature for package is on big deal; calling Fed Ex to pick up a letter or package. Learn how to multi-task and save time.
This is a Good company the disclose all the information prior to the shop and pay as scheduled.
Just move on
Some people see a glass of water as half full and some see it as half empty.
Just remember summer is around the corner just after Easter.

Regards
Cliff G
MSPA Gold Certified 10/03
Shopping Nassau,Suffolk,NY:PA,NJ
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  12:11:00 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rita Collins

Why is everyone so panicked over these jobs? They are very easy, don't make them more complicated than they are.

My idea of easy for a job like this is drive thru, order what you want, come home and enter a 10 minute report...and get paid more. I guess the term "easy" is relative to how hard you are used to working.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  06:23:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CliffG
I always get packages from Fed Ex, UPS, Emery so signature for package is on big deal; calling Fed Ex to pick up a letter or package.
As was discussed extensively in this thread, the signature required IS a big deal for most of us. The closest FedEx pick up spot for me is 35 miles away. So 70 miles of driving is not worth my time or the pay offered. Around here, when FedEx delivers, they call you the day before and they say "Your delivery is scheduled for tomorrow between the hours of 7 AM and 8 PM." No kidding. That's a 13 hour window I should be waiting home for their package?!?! Yeah, right... Don't know about you, but I do go out and perform jobs during the day. Every day.
quote:
Learn how to multi-task and save time.[...]Just move on

But thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to learn how to multi-task and move on.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums