Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Laura the Canuck
Valued Contributor

Tarkio, MO
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  10:08:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done other jobs for Confero over the years. They used to have a similar "cola" shop where they delivered the prizes by DHL. DHL, at that time, only came to my town twice weekly and the closest drop box was 40 miles away. Big hassle.

Two other companies did similar "cola" shops where the prizes were left at my door. One was a sealed envelop that the manager would sign for so I did not have to record serial numbers or anything like that. Confero had a "cola" shop recently where you printed off a certificate and took down names.

I suspect that the current "wait for fed-ex" method is based on two lessons learned from prior "cola" campaigns: 1) it is more exciting to pass out the prizes at the time, and 2) mystery shoppers sometimes steal gift cards. (another thread is dedicated to the latter.) The folks at Confero who designed the program probably did not think about the hassle of signing for the fed-ex packages. People who work in an office can have fed-ex come by without an issue.

The low fee would otherwise be okay for me if I lived in an urban area. I would have signed up for 10 shops and not had to worry about packing a lunch for two weeks. That is not how it is out here in BFE. I get two or more emails per day, every day regarding this shop. Sooner or later there will be a bonus.

Laura
Proud Canadian, shopping Northwest Missouri and Omaha areas.
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  1:00:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to use FedEx regularly at my home office. Although it's been a few years, I recall they had some type of 'signature on file' option (don't recall if I signed something and sent it in, or just requested it on the phone) so FedEx could leave the packages at our door without having a live body sign for it. I suppose it's worth a call to FedEx to check it out if one wanted to do these shops.

As far as feedback on Confero, I have not done any reward shops for them, but did the oil shops frequently when they had them. I never had any pay or communication issues with them. I did get scared off from the oil shops because of the horror stories I heard here and from other people about the client!

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  3:12:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have just completed two of the current FF shops and found them to be great and really easy! Both were successful and the employees were SO excited at one place it was almost funny. The FedEx is not such a problem where I am, but they tried to deliver one day when I was not there, so I called when back home and they re-delivered to my "real" office next day. Would not opt to do these if FedEx was not nearby.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  6:31:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
O geez. Just got an email that they did not receive one set of the cards that I sent back. Funny because I sent two sets in the same bag. I guess the fedex fairy plucked some of them out.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  6:37:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the same email that my fedex never arrived. They are convinced I never sent it. The US postal service moves faster than the fedex service they signed up for. Fortunately I have the receipt, but this is crazy. This will mostly end up in the 10' list. This reminds me of the trouble I had with Confero with the oil change shop. Not once in two years did they ever match my faxed receipt with my report. It wasn't until I started scanning did I cease having problems with them.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  6:44:53 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got this email also. I sent them a reply that listed the Fed-Ex airbill number. I hope that takes care of the situation

Rhonda

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  7:53:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Suggestion: I copied the entire tracking page from fedex.com . It shows the transit info, tracking #, who signed for the package and more. Good luck to us all.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  8:15:33 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, good luck guys. All my efforts turned out fruitless. How in the world can you get one set of cards when two sets are in the same package just still amazes me.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  07:33:41 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your concern regarding the FedEx return package. You are receiving notification automatically as we try to wrap up the program. As stated in the email, please reply if needed and you will receive a response from our project team after your FedEx package is researched. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Amy
Confero Project Coordinator
Customer Experience Research, Rewards, Results
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

Kristi in VA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
205 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  3:12:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep, 10' for me. I was giving it the benefit of the doubt and tried the shops once, but it's just not worth it at that price even though it was a free dinner for a couple of nights. My cards did finally make it back to the right people and my shops were graded, but that aggravation was definitely not worth it. No more of these! Luckily I have had other good experiences with this company so I will just avoid these particular shops in the future.

Kristi
Happily shopping her way towards being debt-free!
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  2:27:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know if this company has any other types of shops, besides these "prize"-shops with the FedEx complications in Colorado?

I get three or four invitations per day for only this FF shop and, if that's all there is from Confero in Colorado, I'll probably cut down on the e-mails in my inbox.
Go to Top of Page

Laura the Canuck
Valued Contributor

Tarkio, MO
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2009 :  5:28:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a question....

Last Monday, I applied for a reward shop. I waited around, and waited around, and basically wasting three mornings so I would not miss the FedEx guy. The date of my shop came, with no prizes available, and I was given permission to do the shop without prizes. That was Saturday.

I completed the shop on Saturday the 14th. It has been graded and accepted. Today is Tuesday the 17th, and I just got an email that there is a Fedex package coming my way.

WHY???

(If they think I am going to drive back to the store, 40 miles away, to deliver these they are out of their minds.)
Laura Tumak

Laura
Proud Canadian, shopping Northwest Missouri and Omaha areas.
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  4:22:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My cards were found somehow. Got 10's.

Also, I got my Jan payments. Paypal.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  8:11:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EliseWeav
... I did get scared off from the oil shops because of the horror stories I heard here and from other people about the client!

I have my own bad oil change experience with Confero, which I can share here or on the page referenced -- if I could find it. I have looked everywhere on this forum but cannot find the horror stories you reference. Can anyone provide the link?

Thanks.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

AngieMck

Western, VA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  06:44:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow I had a similar email stating they didn't receive my cards back either but I cut and pasted from the FedEx site and that seemed to correct it although I got 10's my first 2 times and then some odd reason a 7 I read the comment but it did not make sense.

Angie
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  06:59:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What does the comment say. They always have codes.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

Jeffrey Feldman
Trainee

Clarksville, TN
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  11:00:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not recommend using Confero. I recently completed a job exactly to the specfications they asked for and now they are telling me I won't be paid. I am going to refer the matter to my lawyer.

There are some folks that are a pleasure to work with at Confero but after this latest experience, I won't be accepting any new work from them.

Jeff Feldman

Jeffrey Feldman
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  3:53:52 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Where do you find what the 3 and 4 digit numbering codes mean? I checked the Confero website and could not see anything other than the Sassie rating system. If someone knows, please do tell

Rhonda

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  6:44:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey Feldman

I recently completed a job exactly to the specfications they asked for and now they are telling me I won't be paid.
What was the reason they gave you for denying payment? I'm sure there must have been something wrong, no? I'd find it hard to believe they just picked you out at random to mess with for no reason at all.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Jeffrey Feldman
Trainee

Clarksville, TN
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  05:05:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, They claim I didn't take one proper photo at a menu audit job. I dispute this as I had my laptop with me and compared the photos I took with those they provided in their guidelines.

As for a target to mess with, I wasn't at least initially. But when I let it be known that I am holding my ground - things got nasty real quickly.

I went out of my way to complete that job. They ask for a lot and give very little in return. Actually the pay almost doesn't even cover the expense of driving all the way down there.

So feel free to believe what you like. I know I did the job properly. I believe their problem stems from being disorganized. One only needs to read the posts of the fiasco involving the fedex cards. I have not yet opined on that subject yet. You should see some of the emails I got - they assign me to a job, then threaten about canceling my account - and they hadn't even sent the cards out - then they say oops somebody here screwed up.

I told them if I don't get paid then I am not doing any more work for them. They at that point canceled an outstanding job that I was assigned and turned around and relisted it with a $9 dollar bonus. This is funny because if they had just paid me the 11 dollars they owe me, all would have been well. Now to cut their nose to spite their face - they are going to try to scramble to find someone else, pay them a premium, and spend even more on Fedex fees.

A lot of people here have posted their problems regarding the FEDEX delivery of reveal shops. You should see the emails I have. One minute I get an email telling me they will not send cards and have me print off everything - a few hours later they email *no stop* we will be sending the cards after all - but then never do. All from the same company that takes pleasure in grading you incredibly hard and trying to find any reason NOT to pay you for the work you did in good faith. I wonder if they grade themselves and hold their own staff to the same standard as their shoppers.

The photo job wasn't easy. I had to dodge traffic and spend a lot of time to make painfully sure I got it right. I submitted my job and heard nothing. I asked about the job when I didn't see a rating. They replied back that the evaluator was on "vacation". Finally, I got an email asking me to redo a shot and I'm like you got to be kidding me right - this is a two hour drive - I took the job in conjunction with other missions. Then they say to be "don't expect to be paid". Really?

Jeff - be my guest to continue to use them. I put my two cents on the feedback on this company. I also filed a complaint with the BBB and looks like I'll have to travel to Wake County NC to take them to small claims court.

Jeffrey Feldman
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums