Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  06:22:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No Jeff, please don't misunderstand my post. I wasn't doubting that you had legitimate problems, just probing for the details you've now so eloquently provided.

I have indeed read about all the problems with the FedEx'ing of reward cards. And actually, once I read those initial posts, I immediately deleted my applications for locations in this area for that project. Who needs those headaches for such an insulting fee anyway?

As I read your post from a few minutes ago, I began internalizing it. I started to feel the frustration you're obviously experiencing. So believe me, I do understand and do agree with you on the position you took with them. The big advantage to participating on this forum (or just lurking) is that we can read stories like this and make better informed decisions as to what companies and jobs we want to tackle. In that regard, thank you for sharing, Jeff, and good luck with resolving your issues with this company!

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  08:05:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey Feldman
I also filed a complaint with the BBB and looks like I'll have to travel to Wake County NC to take them to small claims court.

Wouldn't that be a bit of an overkill for an $11 job?
There are plenty of companies out there that are wonderful to work with. If I were in your position, I would stand my grounds but I would try to not let it get to me. It's not worth getting that upset.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

ErinG
Apprentice

NC
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  12:46:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Avery

Does anybody know if this company has any other types of shops, besides these "prize"-shops with the FedEx complications in Colorado?
I am in NC and have been shopping for Confero for a few years. They do have shops other than the ones that require prizes shipped via Fed Ex. I have never done a revealed shop, and don't plan to. Confero is one of my favorite companies. The schedulers that I have worked with in NC are fantastic!

Erin
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  04:42:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got 10's and a bill from Fed-ex. I believe the bill has been resolved, but I have not been paid for the early January shops, has anyone else seen payment yet?

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

AngieMck

Western, VA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  05:50:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It had a (103 code) Acceptable job needing editing and some of the comment was cut off. I did the first two they were dinner shops and then this one was a breakfast shop so It was probably something I missed...I was just upset because my first two were so terrific and I am hard on myself when it comes to these grades. I love the company and I am sure they were just doing what they were suppose to but it was just a surprise.

Angie
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  11:54:52 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Angie, where do you find the code explanations? I would like to know what 103, 105, etc. mean. I cannot find it on the Confero site. Where did you find them? Thanks

Rhonda

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
488 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2009 :  5:42:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I should have specified the burger/soda reveal shops...

Has anyone been paid for them yet? I am glad I only did a small group of these, but I would like to receive payment as well.

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelinNH

I got 10's and a bill from Fed-ex. I believe the bill has been resolved, but I have not been paid for the early January shops, has anyone else seen payment yet?

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  07:02:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got paid for Jan reveal shops on 2/25. Havent been paid for Feb yet.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

USA
241 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  5:23:56 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

I thought the issue regarding the invoice billing from Fed-Ex on those returns to Confero had been cleared up but apparently it has not as I just received another invoice stating that the account is "PAST DUE". I would like to get this cleared up once and for all. What do you suggest I do? It is frustrating! It is making me!!!

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  6:40:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After the 2nd time happening I said I am done with those types of shops. I think I gained some weight on that round also. I am swearing off that chain.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page

LittleJo

Hickory, NC
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  7:21:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine who did these shops ended up paying the bill cause she never could get anyone at confero to pay Fed Ex and Fed Ex was sending her letters and calling her over and over. No one at confero would assist her with this problem.
She also has a problem with confero saying she did not return one set of cards when she had in fact mailed two sets in the same envelope. Now tell me how they received one set and not the other when they were mailed in the same envelope???
She said she ALWAYS received the same score if she said there wasnt any problems with a shop but if she reported a small problem, she got a better score.
I stopped doing shops for them along time ago because they do not pay enough to cover what they want you to buy for the shops and the last 3 shops I completed for them, They didnt pay on time. They would be upset and not pay me for completing a shop if I didnt turn the report in on time but they feel its ok to not pay on time. Not very fair business pratice in my eyes. I have moved on to better shops that pay more and actually pay on time without me having to email them many times requesting payment.They also would email me begging for me to complete a shop for them that was 50 miles from my home and only want to give me a 3.00 bonus to drive that far. It is a very hard to cover shop due to its location. This company does not pay enough for the time it takes to complete the shops and is just not worth the hassle.
Go to Top of Page

Karen S
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  7:53:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am so glad I did not have any problems with the shops I did- 6 reward and one photo audit. I did get a couple 7 scores and funny codes with cut of notes for the last ones I did though. I sent the scheduler an email but I was told only that I don't need to worry about it cuz my shop was complete.
Also I just got paid today for the Feb shops.

Karen
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

FayEF
Valued Contributor

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  10:25:24 PM  Visit FayEF's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done various shops for this company, using Fed Ex in KY. and TN. I have never had any problems.
I have been paid on time and paid for the full contracted amount.
The times I had a question or concern with a shop the answers were forthcoming.
In fact I have just received my payment for numerous shops completed in Feb.

Fay
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

USA
241 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  11:32:21 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
FayEF,

I have never had any problems with Confero previously when the prize packages were sent by DHL but since they went to Fed-Ex it has been nothing but a mess. I sent the unused prizes back but I keep getting a bill from Fed-Ex even though the tracking says it was received by the receptionist at Ritway Inc and I was paid by Confero for the shops but Fed-Ex has never been paid by Confero because they keep billing ME! I hope this thing gets straightened out soon. I am going to call Fed-Ex tomorrow and give them once again the Account Number of Ritway Inc with hopes of them billing the right party I can't keep ignoring the billings as Confero told us to do as the invoice notices are annoying.

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

ShopperPatriciaF
Valued Contributor

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  09:30:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the Fed Ex bill this is what I did and it was taken care of immediately, I scanned it and emailed to amy at confero. After I did that I didn't have a problem and never received any more bills.

Patricia
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

USA
241 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  11:11:57 AM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Patricia,

Amy from Confero emailed me and told me who to contact at Confero. I sent her an email. Lets hope this does the trick!

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

ShopperPatriciaF
Valued Contributor

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  11:25:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rhonda
Amy is great so I'm sure she will steer you in the right direction Good luck with it, I know how much of a hassle these have been but they were still fun shops, I really enjoy reveals and wish there were more of them. I love watching peoples reactions to the situation.

Patricia
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  1:24:47 PM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have received an invoice from FedEx for your shipment, please forward it to incentives@conferoinc.com . Our FedEx account is third party and there have been issues during our transition from DHL. You are NOT responsible to make payment.

We did send out emails to all shoppers regarding the invoicing error, so if you didn’t receive one, please make sure it didn’t go in your junk mail folder. Please add our conferoinc.com email address to your approved senders. I am glad I saw these postings, as I was able to contact shoppers who posted here and assist them in getting the matter resolved quickly.

We appreciate your patience! We look forward to working with you in the future.

Happy Mystery Shopping,

Amy
Confero™ Project Coordinator
Customer Experience Research, Rewards, Results
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

BeckyC2006

Ontario, CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  4:10:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad I checked out this post. I have been having the Fed Ex issue also. Last I heard was from Laura Leary at Confero on February 2nd stating that the situation had been rectified. I thought all was well until this afternoon, when I received a past due Fed Ex bill. Amy, is there a fax number that I can send the bill to? How can I make sure that this situation is being taken care of? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

PJLaw1
Star Contributor

Nowhereville, NW
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  4:14:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amy your the best.

Philip
Silver Certified
Shopping Eastern NC
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums