Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Sue 624

MI
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  06:27:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I talked with Laura at Confero and Fed Ex today and my Fed Ex bill has been resolved and Fed Ex confirmed the invoice is at zero balance. In talking with Laura it seems that in part Fed Ex is to blame as they did not do the billing correctly for only about 100 of the 8000 shops. If I could only get these odds in the Lottery instead of when it means problems to solve I'd be a much happy camper!! I hope this also means that everyone who was billed by Fed Ex is now in the clear.

Susan
MSPA Gold Certified and Shopping since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Kristi in VA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
205 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  6:20:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to express my appreciation for Confero and my scheduler after a shop that I completed last week. After applying repeatedly last summer and always being denied I finally was able to snag one of the amusement park shops this summer. This was a great way to get a day in the park for 2 (really 4, but the kids are still free for now)for about $15 total after reimbursements. I wouldn't have paid to take my kids since they are still young, but they had a great time. :) I was a little concerned about taking this shop after all the FedEx fiascos from the last round of shops, but I figured it was worth the risk.

After my excitement about getting the shop though I was very upset when my family came down with a flu and everyone was too miserable to go out during the days that I was scheduled. I didn't know what to do, but I called my scheduler and she was fantastic! She let me move it ahead a couple of days and was very nice about it. She also gave her cell number so that I could definitely reach her if I needed any clarification or had difficulty while I was at the park, which I of course, did.

It really does make such a difference when we have the chance to deal with friendly, professional schedulers who are ready to help out when needed. Unfortunately, that seems rare sometimes so I wanted to express my appreciation for it when it happens. What could have ended up with a very depressing day where I had to go and try to complete the shops while under the weather and without my family ended up being a fantastic day for the family. The 9/10's that I received on my reports were the icing on the cake from such a tough company for ratings.

Kristi
Happily shopping her way towards being debt-free!
Go to Top of Page

JenFelix
Contributor

Randleman, NC
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  8:42:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband and I were doing alot of grocery store shops for a while and we each had an average rating of 9. Then there seemed to be a new editor and neither of us can get above a 7 or 8 unless we find something wrong! I have issues with this as it seems either the editor or the company contracting for the shop wants to see problems. Also, we have on occasion only bought a few items and timed a customer in front of us and the new editor has disputed our timings! We have since cut down the number of shops we do.

Jennifer "Cookielady" Felix, Silver Certified. Still shopping and loving it.
Go to Top of Page

JillinMichigan
Contributor

Washington Township, MI
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  9:31:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done 12 shops (9s for eight of them, 8s for 2 of them) for them since the end of March this year, and have nothing but good things to say about Confero, paid by Paypal on the 25th of each month the month following the shop (except in June it was the 26th). When you complete shops now, you receive a prepaid sticker for any reward returns that automatically gets billed to the account number on the sticker. I guess I am addicted to these "revealed" shops because they are so much simpler than some of the other mini novel reports you have to write, so the pay is actually comparable when the report is shorter and quicker to fill out (in my opinion).

MSPA Gold Certified shopper - shop and merchandise in Metro Detroit and Port Huron areas
Go to Top of Page

CherieN
Valued Contributor

MD
USA
248 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  2:10:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am trying to remain calm but this Fed Ex business is ridiculous. I love the company and have worked with them for several years. This has gone on too long and try not to involve a third party but maybe it is my only resort. I am going to contact Laura again and hope for an immediate answer. I'll think on it tonight. It may not be their fault but it isn't mine either.
Go to Top of Page

BeckyC2006

Ontario, CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2009 :  2:42:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not received another bill from Fed Ex since the end of January. As of the middle of April, I received an email from Laura stating that the matter had been rectified. She said that she would forward a letter from Fed Ex to Confero stating that this was Fed Ex's billing error. I never received that letter.

Since then I have not received any other correspondence from Fed Ex; however, I am not holding my breath either. I keep thinking that I will see another letter in my mailbox. Unfortunately, due to this situation I have not taken any reward shops from Confero. I worry that this situation will repeat itself.
Go to Top of Page

CherieN
Valued Contributor

MD
USA
248 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  05:36:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know I will never accept another one of the reward shops. They were somewhat of a hassle waiting for it to arrive and this has added to it. I have a collection agency calling me now and was told my invoice number has been given to them. That was a week ago and when I call, it still hasn't been paid.
Go to Top of Page

WarnerJen

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  09:51:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also have a collection agency after me.

Jen
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  11:52:37 AM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not received any further notices from Fed-Ex. . . . hold my breath Fed-Ex is a devious little devil Laura took care of mine back in April and I have not received anything since but you never know, they could crop their ugly little heads up any time.

Rhonda

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

CherieN
Valued Contributor

MD
USA
248 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  12:09:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just emailed saying it was rebilled. I would keep documentation just in case because I will see to it that it is not on my credit report. I'm not sure why they just didn't cut a check for the amount.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2009 :  10:27:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry some of you are still having problems with Fedex. I just got the following email from "Fedex":

I am sorry to encroach into your privacy through this manner; we have a certified
cheque of $300,000 in our custody that belongs to you. This cheque was brought to my
desk last week by a lady who gave us your e-mail address to contact you on the
delivery. We wait your response soonest.

FedEx

The funny thing is the from email address is infor@fedex.com but I know the scammers are able to disguise the actual email adress they use.

Ray - sorry for being off topic.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  10:09:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a weird email from Confero this afternoon. It states my SSN is not verified and I will not get paid for my shops. It listed the shop ID amount and location.
The weird thing is these are July shops which will pay in August and my SSN is verified on Sassie. I have never had problems receiving payment before. I believe this may be a scam????
It wants me to verify my SSN through a link conferocompass.com
No one has had to do this right?
I have not shopped for them since January so I want to make sure I am not missing something.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

KelliL
Valued Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  10:23:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would call them before entering my SSN into any website, especially since you are an established shopper with them.

Happily shopping in North Orange County.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  11:08:10 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
A large number of Sassie companies are requiring the SS numbers to be verified. I have only entered the social security numbers via their own websites after logging in. I would not enter it at an outside web source.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  11:25:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The email is weird since it has the job number and location in it. My SSN is verified on Sassie. I sent the email to Kern since that is who scheduled the shop. Just wanted to see if I was the only one. Scary if it is a scam and they are able to obtain specific job information.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  11:31:02 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, that would be scary. Please let us know what you find out.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  11:47:08 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
As most Confero shoppers know, on 11/1/08 we converted to requiring a verified SSN in order to pay shoppers. There are quite a few shoppers in our system who have remained unpaid, despite reminders from us. Last Friday, we extracted a list of all unverified shoppers on our system with plans to send an email message this week (which we did). If a shopper’s SSN was verified between last week and this week, the email would have reached the shopper in error. Please note that being verified with one mystery shop provider who uses the Sassie system does NOT verify the shopper with all companies using that system. Confero Compass is the rebranded name of the customized Sassie software Confero uses. You may access it through the link www.conferocompass.com or by visiting the our website and clicking on Shopper Log In at the top. More detailed information about all of this can be found on our website at www.conferoinc.com in the Shopper FAQ’s section.

The SSN requirement was put into effect over 8 months ago. We are proactively trying to get everyone paid for shops they conducted since then.

Amy
Confero™ Project Coordinator
Customer Experience Research, Rewards, Results
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

EKimak0930
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  12:56:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Amy. I was one of the ones who were verified already. It was just odd because it stated I have not gotten paid for a shop because of the SSN . That shop was just completed this month so it would not have paid this month anyway. It made me think the email was bogus because of the payment schedule.
Glad to hear no one is pretending the be Confero!
There are too many "bad" people out there, anymore. It is sad everyone has to be on guard 24/7.

Erin
Gold Certified
Shopping Central NJ
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  1:19:12 PM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I certainly understand and recommend being cautious in these times. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad guys out there. A good rule: Never give out your personal information via email!

We just want everyone to know there are good guys too! I highly recommend the Mystery Shopping Providers Association website (www.mysteryshop.org) - only the good guys are there

Amy
Confero™ Project Coordinator
Customer Experience Research, Rewards, Results
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  5:41:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having any problems using the gift cards on the current round of reward shops? I was unable to use them at the first two fast food restaurants that I tried. I had to use my own cash instead. Any ideas on places where I can use them?

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums