Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  7:10:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one of the reward shops. The employee did not know how to use the gift card but I walked him through it and it worked out. I didn't want to be stuck with gift cards that expire next month which mine did.

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  7:32:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did tell them how to use the cards but they couldn't get the register to accept them. Thanks for the tip on the expiration date, I didn't notice they expire the end of August.

I just found the easiest way to use these cards at the gas station. I do have to go inside before I can start pumping and then return to use another card (they are in $5 increments) but this should allow me to use them all by the end of August.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

SteffanieS

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  4:00:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had an issue using Firefox or passing a test with them? I double checked each and every answer on a new test and I got a 60%. If you have done the reward shops most of you have probably already passed it, but I thought I would ask.
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  4:03:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteffanieS

Has anyone had an issue using Firefox or passing a test with them? I double checked each and every answer on a new test and I got a 60%. If you have done the reward shops most of you have probably already passed it, but I thought I would ask.

I used firefox and didn't have a problem....I printed out the instructions and then took the test, one question was a little tricky, but I passed it.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  10:30:49 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Steffanie, This test was very tricky. I had to take that darn test 5 times before I finally passed it. The first time I got a 40%, then 60%, 60%, 80% and finally got the 100%. The wording of some of the questions are tricky. The problem is you have to wait a day to take the test again if you fail. But hang in there, you have 8 attempts to pass it!

Rhonda

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

CherieN
Valued Contributor

MD
USA
248 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  07:18:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can be satisfied with a 9/10 for the grading but what do you do to get a 10. Nearly all of my reports say it required little to no editing but I always manage to get a 9. I would like to aim for a 10.
Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  01:19:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They do give out 10s but the report must be absolutely perfect. Most of mine have been 9s.

Keep trying.

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
~ MSing the Southern USA ~
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  06:19:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've received lots of 10s from them but some 9s also with the remarks being identical. It doesn't bother me at all to receive a 9 from them. They are very critical graders. Even an "8" is a good report from them.

I like this company. Even if you don't receive a 10 or a 9, they rarely come back with additional questions etc. Their requirements are stringent, but they are fair and don't "pester" you. I would classify them as an "upscale" company (let's say Bloomingdale's) as opposed to some, that I won't mention, that I would call WalMart or Target. That's my weird way of classifying MSPs...not by their clients, but by my impression of their business.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

CherieN
Valued Contributor

MD
USA
248 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2010 :  06:46:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with that. I am not new with the company and think I received a 10 every now and then. The instructions will tell you to not go into play by play details but then they give you a 10 by going above and beyond. That always seem to conflict to me.
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  02:24:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AmyRM

[font=Arial]As most Confero shoppers know, on 11/1/08 we converted to requiring a verified SSN in order to pay shoppers. There are quite a few shoppers in our system who have remained unpaid, despite reminders from us. Last Friday, we extracted a list of all unverified shoppers on our system with plans to send an email message this week (which we did). If a shopper�s SSN was verified between last week and this week, the email would have reached the shopper in error. Please note that being verified with one mystery shop provider who uses the Sassie system does NOT verify the shopper with all companies using that system. Confero Compass is the rebranded name of the customized Sassie software Confero uses. You may access it through the link www.conferocompass.com or by visiting the our website and clicking on Shopper Log In at the top. More detailed information about all of this can be found on our website at www.conferoinc.com in the Shopper FAQ�s section.

Amy, who bears the responsibility in case a SSN given to Confero is misused? Many of us went through hassle when a MSP's computer systems were stolen, including a server that was apparently not as secure as they think. I'm not an employee of Confero's -- I'm an independent contractor. I've not entered mine (and am due $) because there is no information about that. Could you please establish a chain of financial responsibility for me? Thank you.

Great empires are not maintained by timidity. Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  08:33:40 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie,

When you're asked to provide your SSN information for your Confero account, you receive the following message at our website:

Your SSN will be transmitted in encrypted format across the industry standard Secure Socket Layer. For additional security, your SSN will be stored in encrypted format in our database. Finally, only specifically authorized personnel at Confero are granted viewing access to your SSN for billing and identity verification purposes.

This system verifies your Social Security Number or Federal Tax ID number (also known as Employer ID Number or EIN) against your name.

After you enter or update your data, your information gets checked against the IRS database depending on circumstances, this can take place as soon as instantly or as long as 3 to 7 business days.

We cannot see your number. If you feel uncomfortable about providing your SSN, a good option is to apply for an EIN (tax ID number) with the IRS. It's a very easy process and our website provides instruction on how to do this. http://www.conferoinc.com/blog/entry/social-security-verification/

I hope this information helps!

Amy
Confero Project Coordinator
Customer Experience Research, Rewards, Results
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  5:43:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for responding, Amy, but that doesn't answer my question. With whom does the liability lie?

Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  12:08:30 PM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie,

It is your liability.

There are security measures as required by the IRS and our systems have been approved for that purpose. Employees of Confero do not have access to the SSNs. You may choose to submit online (safest, as no one at Confero sees it) or print and mail (and then we will enter it for you).

You may also choose to get an EIN (tax ID number) or you can elect to not shop.

Amy
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2010 :  4:46:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for responding.

Go to Top of Page

Billie

Tampa, FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  09:41:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have signed up for a current confero project and need to verify the food related addresses or alternatives, in addition to a regular google search and white page search, you might want to try looking for an inspection report by your local state.

I found the inspection list by googling one of the business names and addresses that I was not familiar with. It took me to a doc gov page.

I found it helpful to enter name of business and address. Some addresses are the (mailing/home) address of the owner, not the store address. Google redirected me to correct place and provided a phone number, too.

Hope this helps someone else. Looking forward to this project. I have always been paid by Confero with no problems.

Billie
Gold certified. Able to shop Ellenton, Ruskin, Sun City Center, Riverview, Brandon, Orlando, Plant City
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  09:51:37 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great idea Billie!

Looking for San Francisco area shoppers....

Amy
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
153 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  5:39:37 PM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They had a unique project come up going to various grocery stores. I picked up a ton of them. After rearranging my schedule to squeeze all them in within the 3 day window (once the product arrives at my home), I get an email this morning, that at the request of the client, none of my shops need to be done.
I know it happens, but frustrating! I love all their other work, so I can't complain a whole lot.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  6:24:34 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of my grocery / greet the manager assignments due later this week appears to be the same location/business. I used the SASSIE help/quick comment feature attached to all assigned jobs. I pointed out the matching information and provided the job numbers. The Confero task numbers were sequetial. The task is easy and pays reasonably given the driving involved. The locations are such that I am unlikely to MS them, so I do not mind the revealed approach required.
That was last week. I have not received a response to that quiry.
I have used the same process for a different reason and received a speedy reply.

UPDATE: I have received my shipment of supplies. I received one copy of three different form letters. I made additional copies of each one to get the job done.
The funny but not really dept: The test to get the gig makes sure you know to get a phone number of the business you visit. It is required in order to file the report. The form to be filled out at each visit has places for name & address of the business and a few other important things, but nothing asks the business phone number.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  07:14:27 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
A few years ago I did several shops and had an issue getting paid. I raised a stink and noticed that I was no longer getting emails about available shops and could not self-assign anything. I eventually did get paid. I still had an 8 for a rating. Didn't worry about it, but I have noticed some shops I wanted to and wanted to get back on the good side.
Anyways, I saw some listings for some shops that werent getting assigned and just requested one. Robin, whom I am guessing is a scheduler, gave me the shop and let me self assign the others in the area to make it profitable. Just glad I did not get irate before and get banned from doing any shops.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  5:53:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Question for those doing the grocery assignments: have you found an average in-store time? it doesn't sound like it will take very long, but I know that depends on the cooperation of the managers. I picked up two routes of them, and am trying to figure if I would have enough time to fit in additional shops from other companies.

also, does anyone know what the "go fee" is if the place is no longer there and there is no nearby alternative?

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums