Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

SharonB
Contributor

Palm Beach, Florida
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  3:04:54 PM  Send SharonB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like Confero too, have done airport and other shops for them.
My issue is like that of some other shoppers that I know - the pay is extremely low. Often I have had to pay more for a meal than the reimbursement, and the shopper fee is really low, especially to have to go and park at an airport.
I would love to see the shoppers payment doubled (don't know if I am allowed to say how much it is here, but doubled at least puts it in the ballpark, although the lower end, of other companies).
If the pay were raised, I would be in there fighting for shops, but now, I just take them now and then when I have nothing else.

Sharon
Shopping Palm Beach County, Florida
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

PaulaKC
Valued Contributor

Kansas City, MO
USA
177 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  3:43:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon...many of their airport shops have gone to another company, and the reimbursement is even lower! I just did a round and I really have to consider whether I'm going to do them any more. My local airport food locations are not behind security, so I didn't do them just because "I was going to be there anyway." I travel for work, and my employer will pick up the difference when they don't pay for the full amount, but when that doesn't happen, you're right...it's just not worth it.

I like the people I dealt with at Confero, but I got stiffed on three shops earlier in the year when I wasn't sent the hours of operation by the scheduler, and I was only in the airport when the location was closed. Their entire report, including comments, must be filled out even when the location is closed, so it was a lot of work not to get paid. Then I had another shop where the scheduler gave me an extension up front because I was flying 2 days after the posted deadline, yet forgot and cancelled the shop on me after I had already completed it. I couldn't even enter the report for that one, so I missed out there too.

Hopefully the new company will be better about that...this time I got the hours before my shop, so didn't have any problems. It's a fun way to pass the time when I travel, so I want to keep doing them, but not when it's going to cost me each time.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Kansas City metro area, Northern Missouri, San Francisco and Washington, DC
Go to Top of Page

VivianSoCal
Valued Contributor

Hawaii
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  09:50:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been considering taking one of their revealed shops, but the fee seems low for a reveal shop...
Are their reports very long and involved?

Vivian
MSPA Silver Certified since 2004
Go to Top of Page

HollyNC
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, NC
USA
144 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  09:27:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else still waiting on payment for Feb shops?

MSPA Gold Certified

Shopping Wilmington, Carolina Beach, Wrightsville Beach, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  5:54:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Holly: I'm waiting on reimbursement for an auto shop that I did in February. I received an e-mail three weeks ago from them regarding payment of that shop. When I saw the message on my cell phone, I thought it was that wonderful PayPal confirmation [Best E-mail Message Ever!] and thought, "That was fast! Great!" But when I returned home from shopping for the day and checked my e-mail, the mesage only read that I should expect payment soon.

I was hoping for the payment by the end of this week. I am going to wait another 2 weeks before I begin to worry, though.

Edited to add: Update...I was paid two days after I posted this message.

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

KellyH
Star Contributor

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  6:33:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm curious, what are your ratings with this company? One thing I have not understood is my overall 8 with them. They score me much lower than other companies, yet I receive no feedback as to why the score is an 8. Any guidance on their "grading" system? The shops I typically do for them are the airport ones. I put as much information as possible in my report. There's only so much that could be said about a quick transaction and discussion with the associates.

MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

MVeler

King, NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2005 :  3:39:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone is still awaiting payment for March shops. I have SEVERAL and this will be my first time being paid by Confero. I just want to know when I should worry.

Thanks

Melissa
Silver Cert fa01xn
Go to Top of Page

KristenNC
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
326 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2005 :  4:37:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't worry about being paid by Confero. I have never had a payment problem with them. January shops were paid on 2/25, February shops were paid on 3/18. I would guess that March shops will be paid sometime this week.
Go to Top of Page

MeganCA

San Francisco, CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2005 :  6:33:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had good experiences with the two shops I've completed and they seem to have good communication.

Kelly - I think their ratings are a bit lower/different than some other companies. They explain it in more detail on their website:

http://www.conferoinc.com/ConferoInc/Shoppers/ShopperRatingInfo.htm
Go to Top of Page

Roger42
Star Contributor

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2005 :  7:48:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm waiting too. But I received an e-mail last week apologizing for the delay. I've never had a problem with them for the past few years.

But delayed payments appear to be spreading through the industry lately and Confero is the latest casuality.

Roger
Gold Certified - 15 Years Experience
Specializing In Audits
Covering Mid Atlantic and Northeast
Go to Top of Page

ValerieAk1
Valued Contributor

Woodbridge, VA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  07:59:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I receive an e-mail from them every month apologizing for being late with payments, but they usually pay within 7-10 days of the e-mail. I like them.

Valerie
Go to Top of Page

MVeler

King, NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  08:01:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have yet to receive an email from them about payment being late, as of today still no payment on March shops.

Melissa
Silver Cert fa01xn
Go to Top of Page

CabrusoBros
Star Contributor

NC
USA
744 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  12:13:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email on 4-13 about delay. Shop log still shows pending.

***No further update as of 4-30 about delay. The 4-13 email indicated that IF you had an issue with your pendings to contact them, at which time they would review/make changes, and THEN work on processing all payments. I had no issue with the March shop payment due. But, March payment due in April is now running into May. There is no payment in PayPal from Confero, although other services have posted.
Go to Top of Page

MVeler

King, NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  06:53:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received and email 4-20 (today) stating payments would be at least another week away.
Just so others would be aware

Melissa
Silver Cert fa01xn
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  07:00:03 AM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
While my first experiences were good with this company, the slow payment has become more of an issue. I've only done a few shops, but when I read "Paid on the 10th of each month" then get e-mails promising later payment every month, it does get frustrating. They need to push back the "promised" date posted on their website to the 20th. That way, if it's early - yay, a surprise! But if it's 7-10 days late (as it has been for every payment I've received), then it's not such a big deal.
Go to Top of Page

MVeler

King, NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  07:06:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As of today we are looking at 2 possibly 3 weeks past said date.

Melissa
Silver Cert fa01xn
Go to Top of Page

MissyShopper

Check, VA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  5:47:20 PM  Send MissyShopper an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I emailed Kara today regarding March payments. She replied that they were still working on shopper change requests, whatever that is, and that the president was still sorting through payments. She also said that we should have payment by the end of the week. Hope that helps. I have also never had any problem getting payment from this company. My only complaint is that we are expected to have reports and receipts to them promptly or we don't get paid so they should be held to the same standards. Other than that, they are great to work for and have worked with me on several shops that I couldn't get done before the deadline. Just my . Love this forum.

Melissa Akers
Go to Top of Page

MVeler

King, NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  12:40:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Paid- 4-29-05

Melissa
Silver Cert fa01xn
Go to Top of Page

KristenNC
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
326 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  5:01:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not get paid for my March shops today. Anyone else...
Go to Top of Page

.Janet Sue
Contributor

Bayside, NY
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  5:06:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not get paid for my March shop yet either.

Janet Sue
Silver Certified.
Shopping-Queens and New York City
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums