Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

BeatriceJ
Contributor

High Desert, CA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  6:40:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is this company still in business? I have emailed the payment department and the scheduler and have not heard back from anyone.

BJ
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  9:33:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were still soliciting shoppers for a fast food type shop in Arizona over the last few days so I'm assuming they're still in business. Since they have the MSPA logo on their web site you might check with the MSPA to see if they're still a member in good standing.

Unfortunately I can't give you any recent information about them as I stopped shopping for them some time ago when I had a problem with their timeliness. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. I really appreciate it when people take the time to let others know when companies are having trouble meeting their payment obligations. It helps us avoid the poorly managed companies that are on their way to stiffing shoppers.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2011 :  11:18:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last payment i received was 9/27/11. Paid for multiple shops done in July.

My only problem with them is that they don't have many shops in So Cal to do.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

LittleJo

Hickory, NC
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  08:38:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have been late on payments many times and that is the main reason I stopped shopping for them. They expect YOU to have your paperwork done on time but they want to be slacking in paying you for it. They way I see it is I do my best for them , turn work in on time, make sure it is completed and jump through the hoops they have in place but they dont value their shoppers enough to pay on time. There are alot of other companies that treat their shoppers alot better and pay alot better than this one.
Go to Top of Page

BeatriceJ
Contributor

High Desert, CA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  08:41:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I finally got my payment this morning. Never did hear back from their payment department or the scheduler, but at this stage, who cares. You are absolutely right about their treatment of shoppers. This will be the last time that I wait for payment from this company.

BJ
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2011 :  09:20:07 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
We did a search on our inquiries on this end and found that we did receive an inquiry on Monday 10/3 indicating that a shopper named Beatrice was concerned that her 9/27 payment had not been received. A search today (10/5) indicates that the payment did indeed go through for that shopper. Assuming this is the same Beatrice, it looks like payment has gone through. Please be advised that it can take up to 5 business days for payments to process.

Regarding your question about our business, yes, we are still in business and we have lots of new projects starting in the coming weeks.

Amy
Confero™ Project Coordinator
Customer Experience Research, Rewards, Results
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  09:58:14 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Please check the Volition job board and our website at http://www.conferoinc.com/login/shopper/.

We do currently have shops available for fast food, banking, casual dining, quick service oil changes, airports, college campus food service and grocery stores. We are constantly adding new programs, so keep an eye out! We may have new shops available in your area.

If you have not yet enrolled with us, please do so at http://www.conferoinc.com/shoppers-center/become-a-shopper/. There's no obligation and you will have access to our job board to search for shops available in your area.

Amy
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

Dawn E

Cranston, RI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  09:46:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you have any in the state of Rhode Island?

Thanks

Serving Rhode Island: Cranston, Providence, Warwick, Johnston, North Providence, East Providence
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2011 :  11:09:44 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
We currently don't have a shop in RI, but we are starting several new project during the next few weeks. If you're not enrolled with Confero, Inc., you can do so at our website www.conferinc.com .

You can keep an eye on our job board or elect to receive emails for projects in your area.

Amy
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  4:29:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say how pleasantly surprised I am doing my first shop with Conerfo today. First of all, I got an email about a pretty decently paid shop so I quickly applied. I got a confirmation within 20 minutes and the scheduler said, "Please be sure to read the guidelines." I did the shop, submitted the report and then within 30 minutes got a reply I got a 9 rating and will be paid through Paypal. I am so happy with this company and I hope the payment comes through okay too. The shop was very easy to do and I had no trouble with the report.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  4:45:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When do they pay? I did a shop 11/30/11 and still have not been paid.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2012 :  6:17:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's usually around the 25th of the month after your shop. I think the late November jobs must not have made it into the Dec payroll. My early Nov jobs were paid 12/26 as expected but the one I did late Nov is also still pending. I figure it will probably be in this month's batch. If not, I'll ask. I've never had a problem with them in the past, so I am not expecting a problem this time.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1710 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  05:56:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your reply. I got an email from the scheduler this morning. I should get my money 10th or 25th of January. Wow, that is quite a while. I like getting paid like Cori and Bestmark. 1 -2 weeks is great!
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  06:48:18 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
There was a change to the payment process September 2011 and email notification was sent to all Confero shoppers at that time.

From our website:

"Payments will be processed no later than 60 days from the date of final submission of the mystery shop or audit report. Payments are released two times per month--on or around the 10th of the month and again on or around 25th of the month. For example, shops conducted and submitted January 1-15 would be paid, via PayPal, on or around the 25th of February and shops conducted and submitted January 16-31 would be paid on or around March 10th. When the 10th or 25th falls on a weekend, payments are issued the following business day. It can take up to 5 days for PayPal to process the payment to you once we have released it. In order to receive payment, it is important that the e-mail address you have registered with PayPal be the same address that you have registered in your shopper profile. If you change e-mail addresses, be sure to change your address in both places. An email is sent to your email address, from PayPal, once payment has been made."

For further information about our payment policy, please visit: http://www.conferoinc.com/shoppers-center/shopper-faq/#paid

Amy
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

KarenS
Valued Contributor

Arizona
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  4:24:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess not much has changed. Yes, they have some fast food shops that are scheduled by an outside firm. Getting scheduled for a shop was a smooth process. But then Confero can't seem to send me the forms I'm supposed to print in color that I must take to the shop.

I'll be moving them back to my list of companies where the hassle is not worth the payment.
Go to Top of Page

LynneB

Louisville, KY
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 :  4:35:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm having the same problem Karen. I have 2 shops due tonight, but the emails with the printable's haven't been sent yet. I've emailed my scheduler and sent messages to Confero directly. I was told yesterday I would have the papers last night. I was told this morning I would have them today. I still haven't gotten them.

I really like shopping for Confero, I like the shops they offer. But the payment schedule is a mess and now I'm sure I'm going to get dinged for missed shops when it isn't my fault.

Lynne
Happily shopping in Greater Louisville Area
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  10:48:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am scheduled for two of these shops tomorrow and have not received the email either. I just asked the scheduler for an extension. I don't understand why they can't get their act together. Luckily, based on the feedback on this forum, I only scheduled shops in my immediate area so scheduling is not a major issue.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  07:32:03 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Question for experienced shoppers: Do you conduct telephone mystery shops?

It seems to be easy to do from home or work and you can listen to the recording when you fill out the survey. Of course experienced shoppers are preferred, because you are better able to "roll with it" when asked unexpected questions

Any suggestions for recruiting would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you!

Amy
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page

KarenMSW
Valued Contributor

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2012 :  8:45:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to send your recruiting e-mails to experienced shoppers regardless of state? Prophet allows for telephone shops to be available to me regardless of the state that I live in making searching for shops significantly easier than having to select each state and then not know which shops are the phone ones. Could you recruit a group of reliable shoppers and assign us a certain number per month (sending a notification at the beginning of the month)? Market Wise and Pinnacle do that. It's easier to take more shops and last minute, urgent shops, if I can organize my month around the days that I have telephone shops to do. I do 20-25 phone shops at a minimum per month and I'd be a lot more open to doing more work for a specific MSC if I knew that I was guaranteed a certain amount of assignments on a specific day or days. Plus, those types of folks are more used to being prepared for role-playing living in different areas of the country.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

AmyRM

Cary, North Carolina
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  09:31:51 AM  Visit AmyRM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Karen! That's a valuable suggestion. I am checking with administration to see if we can do this.

Amy
www.ConferoInc.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums