Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Hunter is shopping now
Contributor

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  8:06:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just finished doing a family fun park. Even though they provided the admission ticket and parking pass and I could ride some of the rides, these were six beverages only shops. I had to eat before I went and eat after I left the park.

It took me 3 hours to perform the shop and three hours to put it all in. They only paid $5.00 as a shop fee and the beverages were only $4.00. So I just made $9.00 an hour. And it will be 60 days before I get the money.

I think I am going to place this one as a 10 foot pole shop for now on.

Hunter
Go to Top of Page

JulieLNYC

Durham, NC
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  12:00:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done a lot of shops for them for restaurants - usually the $ barely covers the required items if one picks the cheapest thing on the menu, but that was ok. However, in October I had a take out shop. The place was 30 min from my house so I couldn't call before I left (the food would be ready before I got there). I drove to the location, and then spent the whole 30 minute window calling and getting their recording system telling me the number was no good - after I punched in all the codes. I wasted 2 gallons of gas and an hour and a half of time between driving there, calling for a half hour, and driving home, with nothing to show for it. Of course there was nobody there to get in touch with on the weekend. When I got someone on Monday I was basically told "nobody else had a problem this weekend." Well, that's nice, but I tried repeatedly and followed the instructions to the letter. The scheduler then was supposed to check with the client but never got back to me. I asked for the person above her to talk to and she ignored me. They offered to pay me $10, which covers my gas but not the time even remotely (plus I was sick when I did this one, but I wouldn't cancel because I promised I'd do it). I found it pretty awful to do this when it wasn't my fault - there was NOTHING I could have done - sure didn't want to do the shop anyway and be out $ for food then have it rejected because there was no recording. I also thought it was a crappy way to treat an experienced shopper and that the presumption should be that I did what I was supposed to, not that I was either lying about it or that I had screwed up.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Kathie Rost
Contributor

Murrieta, CA
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2012 :  11:37:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a pet peeve of mine....that when there's a problem, there's no one to talk to, and then the company won't give you the benefit of the doubt on what went wrong. 10 foot pole alert!

Kona Kathie
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2013 :  02:49:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does helpful Amy from Confero still read these posts, I wonder? :-) It's been 63 and 64 days since my last two shops for them and still no payment.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
465 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  11:11:25 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else had this issue with Confero? I did a sandwich shop for them last week. Apparently the editor had an issue with my report but I did not receive an email. I know some emails lately coming from SASSIE have been accidentally put in the spam folder but I check it very carefully. The only way I saw the issue was because I had another shop with them last night. Of course there is no way to contact the editor. I just used the Help/Contact Link on SASSIE and sent the clarifications to the scheduler asking her to forward to the editor. The strange this was I had already clarified my answers in the "Send a message to Confero" section of the shop report. Why have that section of the form if it's not read?

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising exclusively!
Go to Top of Page

NicLinBlue

BC
Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2013 :  03:52:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does Confero have any shops in Canada anymore? I used to do a number of shops for them some time ago and enjoyed the shops.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

AVanderclute

Mahwah, NJ
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  1:09:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If anyone has been looking for them, Confero now has the chicken shops that a notoriously low paying company previously had. However, they are now reveal shops which includes prizes being mailed to your home. I completed one but not worth the $11 meal in my opinion.

Amy
Shopping NY & NJ
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  1:36:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think the shop is really for the soft drink company. That and the fee aside, you have to have someone at home to sign for the delivery of the prizes. That is what prevents me from accepting this and some other past Confero shops.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2014 :  07:00:51 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
This MSC, in my opinion, has an unfavorable work:pay ratio and should only be considered with a large bonus or if the shopper is desperate for a few dollars.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

JenGA
Valued Contributor

Kingsburg, CA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2014 :  5:12:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I arranged to pick up the prizes at the FedEx place-there was a way to do that once I had a tracking number (just involved calling FedEx, looking on their site for a place where they held packages that needed signatures, etc.) That helped me plan my routes better and not miss out on shops while I waited home for a package.

Jen
Mystery Shopping in the Central Valley of CA since 2005
Silver Certified since December 2008
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1889 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  11:26:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's a good idea for next time, Jen. Thanks!
I just got notification that they'd received my return prizes -- three weeks after I sent them back. Hope they're not paying based on the return date rather than the end-of-the-month shop date.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2014 :  4:34:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JenGA

I arranged to pick up the prizes at the FedEx place-there was a way to do that once I had a tracking number (just involved calling FedEx, looking on their site for a place where they held packages that needed signatures, etc.) That helped me plan my routes better and not miss out on shops while I waited home for a package.

Actually you can do this online so don't even need to call FedEx. Once you have the tracking number you can go to the FedEx internet site and have the delivery changed to a FedEx brick and mortar location. I do this all the time to avoid having to worry about being home to sign for the package.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2016 :  3:15:20 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up yesterday for a Confeco carry-out assignment that was to pay a $30 reimbursement and a $15 fee; it was cancelled today. In that I had never seen this job with any fee, much less $15, I'm guessing someone flubbed. Any thoughts?

Bob
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2016 :  11:48:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not see that assignment in Southern California. Right now they have a client where there is a purchase and return on the same day with at least 4 hours apart.

I guess no one was biting at the initial pay, so they are offering $10 bonus. Still doesn't seem worth it for 2 visits, interactions and report. I'm thinking about "making them an offer" when they start to run out of time.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2018 :  2:38:39 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I performed a shop for Confero in January. My Shop Log says I was paid (Paypal) on March 14, but I have not received any money. I have written to my scheduler several times, and she has forwarded my emails to the accounting department, but I have not gotten an answer as to where my payment is. I've never had this issue with them before. Any thoughts?

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  6:26:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you try calling the phone number and speaking with someone? Yeah, it stinks that you have to go thru this. I never had payment issues with them, but who knows if this is a fluke or a trend now.

I haven't done a shop with them in quite awhile. For some reason I don't get Sassie shop posting notifications from them anymore. I'm not willing to search for shops for the most part. I prefer the notifications and the "centralized" sites like ISS where several companies all post. I don't have time to be checking and logging into over 100 company sites daily.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  6:27:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you try calling the phone number and speaking with someone? Yeah, it stinks that you have to go thru this. I never had payment issues with them, but who knows if this is a fluke or a trend now.

I haven't done a shop with them in quite awhile. For some reason I don't get Sassie shop posting notifications from them anymore. I'm not willing to search for shops for the most part. I prefer the notifications and the "centralized" sites like ISS where several companies all post. I don't have time to be checking and logging into over 100 company sites daily.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  6:27:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  6:32:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Micah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums