Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Paul S
Valued Contributor

WA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2005 :  02:43:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I liked Confero for the reveal shops earlier this (wow it's fall!)summer. I completed a few and was paid on time. However, I took another reveal job in early August that I have not been paid for. This disappoints me because the dates and paperwork changed two and three times respectively since I accepted the shop. Since I went through the extra effort (printing new forms etc...) for the same pay I would hope to be paid on time. I completed the shop and returned the unused incentives. I was scored 8/10 and have been awaiting payment. Two weeks late as of today. I would still recommend them as long as I receive payment soon. I have been paid by almost every company (G3!!!) I have shopped for even if late. I take it as a part of the job and not much recourse is available.

Paul
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Susan23

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2005 :  08:44:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Re- no payment for August shops AND a promise for payment from Confero that was a lie

I, too, have not been paid for my August shops (8 of them.) On the Sassie opening page for Confero, there is a link (at the bottom) about payment - I clicked that, and found a link to send "payment inquiries." It went to a Courtney Firmin, at Confero. I emailed that I had not yet been paid for the August shops ; that the printed policy was that shops for the previous month were paid between the 10th and the 25th of the month; and that it was now the 26th, with no payment.

Here is the email I received from her:

<<<<<Susan,

Sorry for the all the problems about payment this month. With the two hurricanes we are a few days behind. Payments will be sent out this afternoon before 5:00. Once again, I am sorry and hope that you will accept apologies. Once again, thank you for shopping with Confero!
Your payment will be available in just a few hours via Paypal.

Thank you

Courtney Firman>>>>>

This was emailed at 2:41 EST on 9/26.

WELL, GUESS WHAT? NO PAYMENT!!!!! It's now the 28th.

I don't like being lied to. If there was going to be a delay in payment, then say so. I also hope that she was not using the hurricanes as an excuse if this was not really the case - that would be pretty low!

So, if anyone else would like to email, and see if they can get the ball rolling for their August payments, here's her email address:

<CourtneyF@ConferoInc.com>

Susan
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2005 :  12:58:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never had a problem with Confero in the past, but I did numerous soda shops for them in late July and August but have not been paid yet. I emailed them so I'll keep you up to date when I hear something.

I've also had the same problem with getting emails stating they've received the faxed receipts but not the validation forms or vice versa at the same time I get an email from another person stating they've received the exact opposite or that it's all in order. Whew! That was a mouthful. It's all been straightened out so far but I'd really like to get paid now.
Go to Top of Page

LaurieBird
Contributor

Albany, NY
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  12:05:55 AM  Send LaurieBird an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone who works for Confero scan and e-mail their documents? I did a soda reveal shop today, and working with them was a pleasure. I just hope everything works out OK with my documents and I get paid!

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Albany, NY and the greater Capital District.
Go to Top of Page

SarahDurn
Contributor

Chardon, OH
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  04:18:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the same type of shop on Tuesday, scanned my documents and emailed them. Yesterday I checked my shop log and they'd written a brief note in the comments section, saying that they'd been received. I'd check your log in a few days to make sure, but it worked here and was a great way to do it.

Sarah
MSPA Gold Certified, May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl D
Apprentice

Philadelphia, PA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  04:31:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm having a problem with getting payment from Confero. I completed a shop and received a good grade. However, my shop log shows my payment as "Pending" and their payment policy clearly states that payments are processed through PayPal between the 15th and 25th of each month. I called them two days ago to inquire about the status and was told my payment would be processed that day. However, I've not received any notice of payment. I was told during the phone conversation that they were behind due to the hurricanes (they're located in North Carolina). Is anyone else experiencing slow payment now or had any experience such as mine in the past?
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  10:52:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LaurieBird

Does anyone who works for Confero scan and e-mail their documents? I did a soda reveal shop today, and working with them was a pleasure. I just hope everything works out OK with my documents and I get paid!

I have scanned and emailed my paperwork and I have faxed my paperwork. It has not made a difference with whether or not the necessary departments received them or not. I got the same "we have it/no we don't" emails either way.

Nothing shows on my shop log with Confero, not even "pending" and I have heard nothing back yet from Courtney about my July and August shops.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa H

AZ
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  11:09:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only done 1 shop for them but I was paid well and paid quickly!

Lisa - shopping Arizona - SILVER CERTIFIED!
Go to Top of Page

KaySFbay
Star Contributor

Redwood City, California
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  11:50:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a gob of shops for Confero in mid-July and was paid the end of August. That's A-OK with me. Confero has always treated me well.

Sometimes I wonder if banging on an MS company repeatedly actually slows down your payment. As an eBay seller I know that the customers who email me every day demanding to know if their purchase has shipped yet don't get my best service. I tend to put their stuff on the bottom of the pile.

Kay
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  2:03:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KaySFbay

Sometimes I wonder if banging on an MS company repeatedly actually slows down your payment. As an eBay seller I know that the customers who email me every day demanding to know if their purchase has shipped yet don't get my best service. I tend to put their stuff on the bottom of the pile.

If the payment is past due and other shoppers have received payment for the same timeframe, that's one pot that needs to be "banged". For myself, I have not harped on them because I sent my first request just the other day so I know I've been more than patient waiting for the money owed to me. I do not have any concerns that I will not get paid because I always have in the past. I do have to wonder, though, if this is turning into an issue of slower payment since there are numerous shoppers stating the same problem.

Blaming the shopper is unfair. Payments (or merchandise bought on eBay) should be sent out based on the date performed (or date purchased or paid in full), not on whether the provider was irritated. To do otherwise is wrong.

Then again, that's just my .
Go to Top of Page

Susan23

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  8:56:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't consider my emailing the company to inquire about payment "banging" the company. I was concerned that my payment had somehow been overlooked, since their payment policy CLEARLY states that pay would be by the 25th of the month.

What I am really ticked off about now is that I was told the money would be in there on Tuesday, and as of today, still no money.

I'm not talking about $10 or so - this was for a lot of shops, and is for a significant amount of money (at least to me, it's significant.) They owe me quite a bit for reimbursements, in addition to the shoppers' fee.

Having to wait for payment (especially reimbursement) and not being paid as promised is one of the big reasons that I have all but stopped mystery shopping and now do a lot of merchandising. I do regular weekly work for several companies (as an employee) and "as needed" work for some other companies as an Independent Contractor. All of these companies pay me, on time, on schedule, every two weeks.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  9:17:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

If a person isn't getting paid, as agreed, especially w/reimbursement I'm sure they're going to be upset and inquire about payment repeatedly and/or post about it here. Why should that slow down payment? I would think it would speed it up because if I had an MS company I sure wouldn't want to see payment issues about my company here. It makes people less likely to shop for me.

As to you putting ebay stuff on the bottom of the pile, that is just morally wrong. These people have paid you for your product and you should be sending it out as promptly as possible. More than likey the riskiness of ebay has them worried as they don't know you from Adam. I don't think they're 'demanding'. I think you're just reading their email the wrong way. I know I would be emailing someone I just bought something from on ebay everyday if they hadn't sent out my product within a day or so of payment. If you got the money, I should be getting my product ASAP! If you don't like getting emails, then don't be a seller It's called customer service

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

KaySFbay
Star Contributor

Redwood City, California
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  10:13:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisT
As to you putting ebay stuff on the bottom of the pile, that is just morally wrong.

Could you kindly stay on topic? The issue is Confero.

Could Confero be another G3? Possible but unlikely. There are bad apples in every industry. Confero has not yet demonstrated to me that they are one, so I'll continue to shop for them.

Kay
Go to Top of Page

JonBinSD

Carlsbad, CA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  12:22:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kay- too funny! The issue is doing things that are morally wrong and you exposed yourself by revealing that you punish others who you feel are bombarding you with requests. You brought up what YOU do on Ebay- is this on topic?

So sticking on topic, I did get paid via PayPal on 9/26 for ALL Aug shops. However, my log shows that my payments are pending. I'd rahter have money in the bank than an updated log. Confero has always been good to me, fair in requests I've made and in evaluating my reports, and has paid on schedule. Shame on anyone who is ready to throw them under the bus and compare them to a company that has a long history of screwing shoppers out of pay.

My rule of thumb with any company is to email once, wait 2 days, email again, and then call. After I call, I follow up with an email and thank them for their time and summarize what they agreed to help out with. Maybe this keeps my payment record from sitting on the bottom of the pile like some people like to do!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl D
Apprentice

Philadelphia, PA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  02:48:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update: My payment is still "Pending" and I've made another call and been told yet again "it will be processed today." Since Confero's payment policy states that payments are made between the 15th and 25th of each month, they've had 15 days to get their act together.

I informed them that some shoppers are posting inquiries as to Confero's payment history on this board. I suggested that if Confero is having problems due to the hurricane, it would be a good idea to post that information on the SASSIE log-in page. I have no history with Confero to go on, since this was my first assignment and I've only been a mystery shopper since January of this year. However, I have yet to have a problem with any other company regarding missed payments or reimbursements.

BTW: Kay, you're a riot! Great customer service! I'll be sure to not buy anything from you on ebay. You go girl!
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  07:06:07 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cheryl,

I just received notice of payment today, for a shop done at the very end of July. Most July payments were paid in August; mine missed the cutoff so it was paid in September. I had recently inquired and this was explained to me.

My Shop Log still shows the money as Pending, but Paypal says I've got Cash!

Anyway, my payments from them always seem to come on time. I hope you get your today.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Susan23

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  09:16:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
update on payment - I had funds in my paypal account this morning. I, too, wish that rather than being told the payment would be in my account by 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, 9/27, Courtney with Confero would have just said it would be a few more days.

Oh well - maybe posting here helped them get things rolling.

The main thing is, I have my money now - yeah!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2005 :  12:22:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Could Confero be another G3?

I think the question is a bit premature and no one here has insinuated that the situation has gotten so bad that catastrophe comparison needs to be done.

That being said, I still have not heard back from Courtney and there is no update on my site. Perhaps she's been sidetracked with another problem or inundated with emails from shoppers inquiring about the delay in pay. Perhaps I should use a 5 qt. stew pot instead of a 16 oz. saucepan next time I decide to "bang" Confero.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  09:12:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still have not received payment or ANY type of response back from Courtney. I know she got the emails because the read receipts were delivered to my inbox. I don't know what is going on but I do not appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

JeannieGA
Valued Contributor

Alpharetta, GA
USA
216 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  1:14:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Received paypal payment for August shops today.

Jeannie in GA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums