Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Paul S
Valued Contributor

WA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  2:11:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wrote an email about not receiving payment on Tuesday and received a prompt reply that I would be paid by 5pm today. Today the money was there!

Paul
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  4:07:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JeannieGA

Received paypal payment for August shops today.
So you were paid late as well? I did get a partial payment for my work today also, but where is the rest? Why are they paying late on their shops? No explanation and no update on their web site. Below is what I copied directly from their payment policy link on the SASSIE site. That means everyone who has completed September shops is owed payment for it this month. Since Courtney has given not so much as a "we received your request" email, I will not be working with them again. I do not appreciate having to track down payments just to be ignored. Unreal.

Confero only pays shoppers via PayPal. You must be registered with PayPal, and have your profile checked to accept PayPal, to be able to request assignments from Confero. We do not write checks for any shops conducted, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Payments will be processed between the 15th and the 25th of the month, following the shop date of the assignment. For example, shops conducted in January will be paid, via PayPal, sometime between the 15th and 25th of February.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  10:00:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I FINALLY got paid for some of my shops I completed for Confero. They STILL owe me for September though, even though their web site states it pays the following month. Courtney has been of NO help whatsoever and has not had the decency to respond to my payment inquiries.

Has everyone been paid for September shops or are people still waiting? I want to know if they've changed their payment timeframe but have not updated their site to reflect that. Either way, Courtney's inaction is inexcuseable.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  10:03:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I FINALLY got paid for some of my shops but not all of them. Trying to email Courtney about payment has been a waste of time because she's ignored them. I am still owed for September and won't be shopping for them any longer because of Courtney's unprofessional lack of response.

Has anyone else been paid for September shops? Are there some who are still waiting? I wonder if they changed their pay schedule-for the worse-but have neglected to update their web site. Either way, Courtney's inaction is inexcuseable.
Go to Top of Page

Missy1970
Star Contributor

Logan, WV
USA
425 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  02:27:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still have not recieved payment for 2 shops done in Sept. I emailed the scheduler and she emailed me back stating that a big chunk went out today which was the 28th (LATE). She also gave me and email address to contact which I did with no response. Well I must have not been one of those chunks. This is twice I have had to email them about money now and then for July shops. I will not be shopping with them for awhile, till they get things straight.
Go to Top of Page

.Janet Sue
Contributor

Bayside, NY
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  05:57:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did get payment for September shops on 10/27/05. I wonder if Paypal is the cause of the problem. Payments from all sources seem to be very slow this month if they are coming from Paypal.

Janet Sue
Silver Certified.
Shopping-Queens and New York City
Go to Top of Page

JenShoppinFlorida
Valued Contributor

Plant City, Florida
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  11:09:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't been really concerned yet, but now I see others bringing this up. I have not been paid for 2 shops completed on 9/2/05. It has shown "Pending" on the screen ever since about 10/17....have not emailed yet, maybe I should?

***Jennifer***
Shopping Central Florida
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  11:20:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since their website states that they pay between the 15th and the 25th, I waited until the 27th and then emailed the link about payments (Courtney, I think.. It was on the page about payments). I did not receive a direct reply but got a paypal notice on the 28th that my payment was there... I think something must have happened and they are trying to get everyone paid now... Maybe they received a late payment from a client or something?
Anyone having problems.. I would email Courtney now and then give it a day or two... Flooding her email with daily requests at this point would just slow things down for everyone I would think... Just my

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  7:07:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would not bother emailing Courtney as it did me NO good whatsoever! I even called her to no avail. When I called back days later, the woman I spooke to (NOT Courtney) apologized for Courtney's lack of response and said she understood why I would be concerned when I told her what happened. She said she would talk to another woman (I wish I could remember who, but the name is evading me) and within a few hours I got an immediate PayPal notice.

Everyone I spoke to or emailed at Confero has always been polite and professional, with the exception of Courtney. She either needs to be let go or retrained on how to handle shoppers' inquiries professionally. Ignoring the problem does not make it go away; it only makes it worse and angers the shopper.

Hopefully, the issues with Confero have been straightened out for everyone by now. Confero has always been an upstanding company.
Go to Top of Page

CabrusoBros
Star Contributor

NC
USA
744 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  06:11:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been traveling out of town since 10/26. Finally logged in today. No pay pal notice, no pay pal deposit. This would be for September shops.

***As of 11/1, still no update on the pendings. Per Lorri's following message, I see Confero may be having some staffing issues. However, how does Confero begin to determine if a shopper has or has not been paid? Do they simply review for pendings? Or, wait for contact from a shopper? Since the late payment issue also happened in September with the August shops, and I did not contact them then, I hope they find me in the "not paid" file for this past month.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherN
Valued Contributor

New York
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  9:39:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CabrusoBros

I have been traveling out of town since 10/26. Finally logged in today. No pay pal notice, no pay pal deposit. This would be for September shops.
Call and speak to Bonnie. She's not the one in charge of the accounting, but she spoke to the woman who gave me immediate results...unlike Courtney who doesn't reply and only gets the money ready for PayPal some of the time.
Go to Top of Page

KSSLorri
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, Ohio
USA
603 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  05:48:47 AM  Visit KSSLorri's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just spoke to Elaine Buxton, who is the owner of Confero and found out that Courtney is no longer with Confero (partially due to her lack of response to shoppers). She has hired someone new for the job and is hoping to figure out what Courtney did/did not do and get things straightened out asap this week.

Lorri (Kern) Hsu
KSS International, Inc.
KSSLorri@kernscheduling.com
Go to Top of Page

Brock Edmunds
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  6:17:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I conducted one shop for Confero recently (a bagel store shop) and probably won't work for them again. The shop paid $8.00 plus reibursement for a small purchase. When I accepted the shop, I had know idea that there would be so much paperwork involved with such a small shop. I was able to easily stop at the bagel place on my way to my regular job, but it took a lot of time to complete all of their reports, etc. I received a score of an "8" on my report, and when I asked the person who rated my report (Ann K.) to please tell me what I might do differently next time to get a better score (such as a 10), she didn't have the courtesy to even respond to my e-mail. After a couple of days passed, I sent a message to my scheduler (Christopher G.) and asked what I might do differently next time to get a score of a 10 instead of an 8, in other words what did my report lack? He gave me a really lame response of "an 8 in Confero's eyes is not a bad thing." That doesn't really answer my question. If my report was perfect then it should have been a 10, if there was a reason to take 2 points off, what was the reason? I was simply asking the question so I could try and do better next time, but apparently the folks at Confero just arbitrarily gave me an 8 on my shop, even though it probably should have been a 10. I realize this may seem petty, but the thing that bothered me the most is the very vague way that the Confero staff handled my inquiry. They basically just ducked my question and that felt sort of sleazy and it makes me question the sort of company I am working with. At this point, I will simply await my payment for my bagel store shop and then focus my attention on companies that don't play games with their shoppers and don't evade their questions.

Brock
Go to Top of Page

VickiC
Star Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
455 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  09:20:32 AM  Send VickiC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brock, Confero consistently gives me an 8 when most give me a 10. I think they only give 10's if the report is somehow exceptional. I'd stop working for them if you felt the report was too much work for the pay, but I wouldn't stop working for them over the score issue.

Shopping North Orange County, Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KSSLorri
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, Ohio
USA
603 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  09:56:57 AM  Visit KSSLorri's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
An "8" for Confero is an "A".

Shops that do not require full narratives are not eligible for a "10" those are reserved for very difficult to perform shops that require full narratives.

That is in your guidelines and in the FAQ's on their website. That is probably why the editor didn't respond. They edit more than 8000 shops a month and don't have time to repeat information that is readily available on their website.

Lorri (Kern) Hsu
KSS International, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

KSSLorri
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, Ohio
USA
603 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  09:56:59 AM  Visit KSSLorri's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote

Shops that do not require full narratives are not eligible for a "10" those are reserved for very difficult to perform shops that require full narratives.

That is in your guidelines and in the FAQ's on their website. That is probably why the editor didn't respond. They edit more than 8000 shops a month and don't have time to repeat information that is readily available on their website.

Lorri (Kern) Hsu
KSS International, Inc.
Go to Top of Page

JenShoppinFlorida
Valued Contributor

Plant City, Florida
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  10:55:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So back to the issue of payment, I emailed yesterday about my payment "Pending" since the 17th of October...this was for a 9/2/05 shop...I have received no response to my email. Does anyone know if there are any problems?

I received a 9 out of 10 for one of these shops I did in November. I really went overboard with comments. I described everything! Maybe this is what they look for in order to receive an A+ for your work...?

***Jennifer***
Shopping Central Florida
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  10:58:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KSSLorri

It doesn't state that in the faq's Lori, it says:
quote:
"Our expectation is that shoppers will adhere to all guidelines, and surveys will be submitted in a complete and accurate manner. For reports that meet such expectations, a rating of an 8 will be given. For shoppers who exceed expectations or far exceed expectations, there is an opportunity to earn a rating of a 9 or 10."

So I would infer from that that if your report exceeds or meets expectations no matter what kind of shop you should get an 9 or 10.
quote:

Great job! You received a rating of 9. Your assignment was conducted according to all the guidelines provided. Your report was completed accurately and with attention to detail. You displayed a thorough understanding of what was required and went a step beyond Confero's expectations.

Incredible job! You received a rating of 10. Your mystery shopping report is among the very best that Confero has ever seen. The assignment was complex, yet you far exceeded all of Confero's expectations. This report has been elevated to Confero's Mystery Shopping Report "Hall of Fame."

Does say something more on it. However in this case a 9 still should be possible even if it's not a complex shop.

However to Brucco, as Lori said, editors are very busy and may not have time to give free advice(I assume most editors are IC's also). This would apply to the scheduler too, they can't take the time to give you personalised feedback, unless there is something wrong. I'm just assuming this as I've never been a scheduler, but I assume that they're extremely busy too.

Also, if you read the faq, you'd know there is an email address to reply to that will give you feedback on your questions about your rating. Did you read the faq?

I would think not since you contacted the editor and a scheduler rather than saying anything about emailing this feedback address. This is one of the reasons why schedulers have to send us 'instructions for dummies'

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Brock Edmunds
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  3:45:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your comments regarding my post. I may still be new at mystery shopping, but I find it hard to believe that an editor or scheduler can't take 30 seconds out of their "8,000 monthly shops" to answer a very simple question... or simply respond by sending me the link to the FAQ page. In my opinion, any shopper who is able to navigate through the excessive amount of paperwork that Confero sends out for a little bagel shop should receive an exceptional rating. Also, my scheduler did repond to my question but was apparently too busy to tell me to review the FAQ section. I have typically received a 10 for my shops from most other companies and find Confero's grading system to be rather odd... why not follow a grading system that is consistent with other companies?

Brock
Go to Top of Page

JenShoppinFlorida
Valued Contributor

Plant City, Florida
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2005 :  4:53:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Paid today 11/1/2005. No response to email, just a paypal email...better a little late than never...

***Jennifer***
Shopping Central Florida
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums