Posted - 03/20/2005 :  11:04:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in the Sacramento area and would like to network with other Californians

Donna

Paula E

California
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  9:33:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am in Long Beach and also looking for other shoppers to network with.

~~*~~Silver Ceritfied 2/2005~~*~~
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  08:59:55 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try to come to the MSPA conference and you will be sure to meet many of us California shoppers.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

ToniaP
Valued Contributor

Nashua, NH
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  10:59:15 AM  Send ToniaP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ca Shopper!

MSPA Silver Certified n8vjl4
Go to Top of Page

Andrea_Calif
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  11:03:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another California shopper!
Go to Top of Page

BrianM

San Francisco, CA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  11:12:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here!
Go to Top of Page

ScottB
Contributor

McKinleyville, CA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  11:20:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Happily shopping behind the Redwood Curtain!

MSPA Gold Certified Shopping Humboldt County, CA
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  12:49:23 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another CA shopper for the Central San Joaquin Valley.

Rhonda

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

BarbGoodwin

La Verne, CA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  12:58:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pam,
You gave her my tip. There will be many CA shoppers at the MSPA conference.
Barb Goodwin

Gold certification
Shopping S. CA
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

East County / San Diego, CA
USA
915 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  1:31:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's a great place to meet other shoppers in your area (MSPA Conferences). It's also makes a big difference when you meet somebody in person. Example, I'm not naming names, but one lady that I knew of online and didn't much care for her, really was a sweet and special lady in person. I met her in person in Irvine last year. My perception of her changed drastically. (OK. Don't start guessing. It's not BarbGoodwin, KabeeCA or PaminCa.)
I would hate to recommend somebody for a job who turned out to be totally looney tunes in person. The vast majority of shoppers that I have met at the Conferences are pretty "regular" people. Not that there's anything special about being "regular", but whoa - there were a few memorable characters that I remember well.
I met a half dozen shoppers who all lived within 15 miles of me at my first conference. Boy oh boy, did they get bombarded with referrals. I think that only one or two of them still actively shop.
Go to Top of Page

.KabeeCA
Inactive

Orange County, CA
USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  1:49:24 PM  Send .KabeeCA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey MaryLou...are you calling me 'regular'? LOL!

I met someone at the MSPA workshop last year who is in my 'territory'. She actually is now a customer of mine in my full time job, and we exchange leads all the time. It's kind of funny, but we really don't like doing the same type of assignments, so we don't usually step on each other's toes. I found out that a shop that I like and I assigned for this month, she took last month! It really is fun to have someone local to talk with.

~Shopping "The OC" and some areas of Long Beach, CA~
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Carla P.

San Jacinto, Ca
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  1:57:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in Riverside County....Hemet to be exact.

Shopping the Inland Empire in Southern California
Go to Top of Page

VivianSoCal
Valued Contributor

Hawaii
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  3:41:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Add me to the list of California shoppers!
I hope I can make it to Anaheim in July. I'd love to meet others that "understand."

Vivian
MSPA Silver Certified since 2004
Go to Top of Page

KaySFbay
Star Contributor

Redwood City, California
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  3:58:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryLou

I would hate to recommend somebody for a job who turned out to be totally looney tunes in person.
Not picking on you, MaryLou, just using this as a springboard.

What you said strikes me as the best reason NOT to show up and network in person. I'm not saying that you, ML, have any particular prejudices, but if one of my schedulers has a real hate on for Rubenesque women or chicks with thick, naturally curly hair or people who speak their mind, I'd be in real trouble once he or she meets me up close and personal. Since none of those things affect my ability to shop, I guess I'd rather stay faceless and isolated. For now, at least.

Kay
Go to Top of Page

SuzanneS
Contributor

Riverside County, CA
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  4:33:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carla P.- I've been wondering who's been taking my shops
I'm in Hemet, too.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SoCalColleen
Valued Contributor

Ca
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  4:39:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm A California shopper too. Mainly Eastern areas like Palm Springs to Coachella area, due to the gas prices. Hello to all the rest of you in the Sunny state!

:-)
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

East County / San Diego, CA
USA
915 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  5:57:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Kay,

From my past experience, here are a couple of things that I would equate to "looney tunes" that I would think could ban you from getting any more shops:

Show up looking like you slept under a bridge - literally.

Announce, "I never have paid taxes in ten years. I just stop working before $600."

Hey, I just got paid $50 for shopping Outback Steakhouse. Who shops Chili's? Come on - ICA's are no big deal.

Show up looking like a decoy for a prostitution sting.

Common sense will get you everywhere in life. These are real examples of people with no common sense who were in attendance. I don't think that anyone is hoping to discriminate on physical appearances. If they did, I wouldn't want to work for such a person anyway.

I have a whole "cast of characters" that I take on shops, who include:
Female Pro Wrestler
Blind Friend
Albino Friend
Very tall man
Very loud, beautiful, red wig wearing Carribbean Lady
Rednecks
Inlaws
Well behaved perfect children

For some reason, I am very forgettable. The manager of a grocery store got upset at me on Sunday for not awarding somebody their prize last week when I was there the last time. It wasn't me! I have a shopping twin, and she's not a good shopper! What to do?

Shoppers are real people. People are different. Getting together to network and socialize with other shoppers in a real energy booster. That's just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page

KimberSoCA
Valued Contributor

Sherman Oaks, CA
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  6:51:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a California shopper and live in Sherman Oaks. I mainly do shops in the Valley but shop near downtown Los Angeles and the westside on the weekends.

Kimberly
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Los Angeles area
Go to Top of Page

Carla P.

San Jacinto, Ca
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  7:21:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's true what Mary Lou wrote. I have had so many instances in reveal shops where workers tell me that they had "unusual" looking shoppers during the previous round. They have gone on to describe an interesting array of characters, mostly of which sound to have just come from under a bridge as Mary Lou wrote.

Shopping the Inland Empire in Southern California
Go to Top of Page

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  7:32:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all!!
This is great to hear from everyone all over the state!! I will be taking the silver certification test next month and I hope to see all of you in Anaheim. I must blend in o.k. because when I was doing a restaurant shop I heard the bartender's talking about a "strange" woman that they were sure was the "mystery shopper". I'm just glad it wasn't me!
Go to Top of Page

KerriM
Valued Contributor

La Jolla, CA
USA
120 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  7:50:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I've finally lived here long enough to say I'm from California (bye-bye Oregon). I like to stick around La Jolla (because I still get lost in San Diego), so I'm not too much of a threat to anyone. I'm still debating the Anaheim conference, but it just may be a good excuse to actually go to Disneyland!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums