Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

RickB

Chico, CA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2005 :  8:44:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

From Chico, CA... And hopefully soon to be San Diego. Shopper & Merchandiser here..

Rick
Northern California
Merchandiser
Go to Top of Page

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  6:13:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Rick!
You're right down the road from me. I would love to move to San Diego.
Go to Top of Page

IBenjamin
Apprentice

Oakland, CA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2005 :  1:16:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings from Oakland, CA - I'm an East Bay / SF shopper. Nice to meetcha.

Isaiah
Go to Top of Page

JQuan
Contributor

CA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  09:50:52 AM  Send JQuan an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi

I was wondering if any of you use Digital Voice Recorders on your shops.

I know that it is illegal in some states but didn't know what the status is on for California.

Thanks

Joanna - Shopping Contra Costa, Solano and San Francisco Counties
Gold Certified, 1qws0b
Go to Top of Page

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  12:33:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've used them for time share shops so I know they are not illegal in California.
Go to Top of Page

JQuan
Contributor

CA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  11:28:37 PM  Send JQuan an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Donna Morehouse

I've used them for time share shops so I know they are not illegal in California.
I got the idea from doing the time share shop as well.

But I think it is not illegal there because I'll bet all the employees had to sign a form saying that they agree to be recorded at any time.

I asked a lawyer friend who found the real deal is that it is illegal to record unless both parties know and agree and that it could be punishable by $2500 fine and/or county jail.

Yikes. So not worth the $9 shop ahaha

Gold Certified, 1qws0b
Go to Top of Page

CarmenBolin
Valued Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  11:50:11 AM  Send CarmenBolin an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
JQuan,

Is the fine and illegal part if the recording itself is used, as in a court of law or something? Or does it even apply for MS, where we may use it just to prompt our memory, not to catch an employee doing something? That would mean that using our cell phones to record notes, when another person's voice might actually be recorded could end up landing us in jail?

MSPA Gold Certified July 2005
Shopping & Merchandising Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles Counties
Go to Top of Page

JQuan
Contributor

CA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  6:00:39 PM  Send JQuan an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarmenBolin

Is the fine and illegal part if the recording itself is used, as in a court of law or something? Or does it even apply for MS, where we may use it just to prompt our memory, not to catch an employee doing something? That would mean that using our cell phones to record notes, when another person's voice might actually be recorded could end up landing us in jail?
This is the statute she found.

PENAL CODE SECTION 632. (a) Every person who, intentionally and without the consent of all parties to a confidential communication, by means of any electronic amplifying or recording device, eavesdrops upon or records the confidential communication, whether the communication is carried on among the parties in the presence of one another or by means of a telegraph, telephone, or other device, except a radio, shall be punished by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500), or imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding one year, or in the state prison, or by both that fine and imprisonment.

Gold Certified, 1qws0b
Go to Top of Page

MelanieL
Trainee

Mustang, CA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  8:10:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in Benicia (northeast SF Bay Area).

I shop mostly southern Solano County and west and central Contra Costa County, during my lunch hours from my regular job.

Nice to meet you!

Melanie
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JQuan
Contributor

CA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  11:10:04 PM  Send JQuan an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Picking can be rather slim, eh?

How long have you been shopping? I just started this in the last 6 months.

Gold Certified, 1qws0b
Go to Top of Page

Dano1
Trainee

Morgan Hill, CA
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2005 :  6:21:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just started last week.

I got my first shop under my belt.

Looking forward to more in the bay area.

Dano
Go to Top of Page

Kel B.
Contributor

CA
USA
71 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  7:19:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, Kelly here. Shopping Central California, Fresno area down to Visalia and several outskirt towns. Just getting back into shopping vigorously after taking time off when I dislocated a knee. Took a long time to feel ready to handle all the driving (or maybe I just wanted a break.)

Kel
Go to Top of Page

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2005 :  2:16:52 PM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelly, I shop Central Calif also but from Fresno north to Modesto. I also have a bum knee and feel your pain I have been shopping for 4 years but only part time as I work away from home at an office from 07:30 to 04:00 Monday through Friday.
Welcome back to mystery shopping!

Rhonda

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

MGates1964
Apprentice

Live Oak, CA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  11:53:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hoping to net work with other merchandisers north of Sac

Michael Gates
Shopping northern California
Go to Top of Page

Jason in Northern CA
Trainee

Turlock, CA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2005 :  11:15:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelly, welcome back. Must be something about Central Valley people, I have had 1 knee surgery and probably should have the other knee done.....but I'm only 34!

Oh well, I shop Merced to Modesto glad to have ya back.

Jason
Silver Certified
Northern/Central CA
Modesto to Merced
Go to Top of Page

NRouette
Trainee

Vista, CA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  2:40:01 PM  Send NRouette an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
HIya All my fellow shoppers! This is my first official post, and I'd like to add myself to the list of cali shoppers! love love love MS'ing, and would like to meet others in my area (north san diego county to be exact, Vista).

Nicole

Nicole
MSPA Silver Certified iib5a8
Go to Top of Page

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  08:21:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi M Gates I merchandise and mystery shop all around the Sacramento area. I had knee surgery also but that was 10 years ago. Good to see others in my neck of the woods.
Go to Top of Page

JeanH

North San Diego County, CA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  10:29:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Nicole,

Pretty amazing - I live in Vista too and wondered how many ms'ers were around here. I've been shopping very part-time. I started last July. You can email me if you like.

Jean Hutchins
GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

JQuan
Contributor

CA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  1:27:08 PM  Send JQuan an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well. DH is encouraging me to go to the Anaheim conference in July so I made a reservation at the hotel which is a decent price compared to what I've seen on Expedia and Hotels.com .

We will be renting a car and driving down there and I will also be attending the Gold Certification Class on that Friday.

Who else is going???

Gold Certified, 1qws0b
Go to Top of Page

SuzyT
Apprentice

Marin County, CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  3:03:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi. I've been shopping Marin and southern Sonoma Counties for about 1 1/2 years.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums