Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

CarmenBolin
Valued Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  3:34:11 PM  Send CarmenBolin an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Does anyone else think we should divide California on this forum into Northern and Southern people?
This should start a debate!
I know personally that I check the thread a lot to see if anyone else in So Cal has posted, but it seems that it is mostly No Cal that comes around. I am all for splitting...considering that "California" is probably a larger pool of people (not necessarily shoppers, though) than many states combined. That way, maybe the other So Cal shoppers that lurk like me would talk...??

MSPA Gold Certified July 2005
Shopping & Merchandising Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles Counties
Go to Top of Page

JeanH

North San Diego County, CA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  4:47:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just recently also thinking North and South should be split,and it does seem to me, too, that the posts are usually from Northern California. Where are all the SOCAL shoppers?

Jean Hutchins
GOLD CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

AmandaP
Valued Contributor

Corona, California
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  8:25:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, one more for the So Cal team here. I am in North Orange County. I have shopped in Irvine and Newport before, but prefer to stick to North O.C.

I honestly took a bit of a break from mystery shopping for a while... but now I am back, and starting to take on more shops. I am silver certified, but have no plans yet to go for gold. I have gotten some great shops as it is already (can you say hotel?).

So, now I am back and reading Volition daily again. :)
Go to Top of Page

Kel B.
Contributor

CA
USA
71 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2005 :  9:19:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have family I visit in So. Cal. and family I visit in Nor Cal. and try to do shops when I can. I live in what is known as Central Cal....my kids sports travel can choose to go North or South. So I'm not really all for splitting up the posts. Even Central California is split: the coast and inland (ick where I am at 106 degrees) It's not like there are a lot of pages and responses right now right?

Kel
Go to Top of Page

CarmenBolin
Valued Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2005 :  1:14:28 PM  Send CarmenBolin an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
With Central Ca I understand the problems, however, these are the most posts from So Cal that have been on here since the thread started...

So, of you So Cal shoppers, did you go Gold? I did... I really wish I could have stayed the whole weekend, but I think since I was so close, it was easier to not stay... I am a bit bummed now that I opted not to, but personal committments required me to come home. I think if I had flown in from somewhere, I probably would have stayed the whole weekend, or just not have come at all. Either way, Cathy Stucker was great... After reading all the posts about her as a speaker, I figured there was no way she could live up to all the posts. However, she did... I was pleasantly surprised...

MSPA Gold Certified July 2005
Shopping & Merchandising Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles Counties
Go to Top of Page

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  07:03:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was looking forward to meeting my fellow California shoppers but I had to work. I have been shopping all around California due to my work schedule. It has been over 100 here and I am ready for a break! Hope the Anaheim conference went good for those who attended.
Go to Top of Page

MickiM
Apprentice

Sacramento, CA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  10:39:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Donna,

I'm up in your neck of the woods and I agree, there does seem to be an abundance of shoppers in the Sacramento area. I'm surprised how quickly jobs get snapped up in this area. I've been fortunate to be able to shop in the Bay Area as well, though.
Go to Top of Page

JMSJason
Trainee

Los Angeles, CA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  4:25:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello from West Los Angeles... Anyone going to the Long Beach MSPA Gold Certification on 9/24/05?

Jason
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

SoCalStacey

OK
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  11:14:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello. Like SAnne, I live and 'shop' the High Desert (west end). I used to love driving down to Santa Clarita and the northern LA area but between G3 going under and gas prices going up, I pretty much stay within 30 miles of so.
Go to Top of Page

TaniaLee
Apprentice

Coronado, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  9:56:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello from Coronado, not many shops here but I venture out into San Diego though Gas sure is getting pricy......I'm super new to shopping wish me luck.
Tania

Tania
Go to Top of Page

Karen Anderson

San Jose, CA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  10:02:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in the San Francisco South Bay area ( San Jose). There are a lot of shops available in this area, but the good ones go FAST.
Go to Top of Page

Tonya7609
Contributor

San Francisco, California
USA
84 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  08:51:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Chiming in late here!

Throw my name into the hat for NorCal Shoppers. I've been shopping since 1994. I lurk some on the forums but between a regular, full time job, travel, hobbies, mystery shopping and a boyfriend, I don't often have time to post. I feel like i know you all, though.

I used to shop all over the East Bay and SF, averaging 30-50 shops per month. Now due to gas prices and lower fees I stick to Oakland. Even then, I won't start my car for less than $15. Picky!

Okay, okay, I do really love the fine dining shops, so I'm willing to go over to San Francisco for a great meal at a fancy restaurant, but that's really it.

I would love to network with other SF/East Bay Shoppers!

MSPA GOLD Certified
Shopping the East Bay & San Francisco area since 1994
Go to Top of Page

AMEly5
Trainee

East Bay, CA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  10:31:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I live in the East Bay Area of CA.

I've been mystery shopping since FEB '05, and it has changed my life in a good way, but my house has become very disorganized. I find myself having to manage my time and energy better, so mystery shopping doesn't become my main focus. I find myself on the computer every spare moment, checking my email and the boards for jobs and leads.

It is a lot of fun, but I know I need to have a better balance in my life, so life doesn't end up passing me by!

Margaret
Go to Top of Page

Alice S
Apprentice

Northern Bay Area, CA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  1:58:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok. My turn to stop lurking and log in as well. If any of you are wondering who's taking the jobs in the Vacaville area, that would be me! I've been shopping for about 1 1/2 years now. I used to try to do Sacramento once a month, and would go down to the Concord/Martinez area once a month as well, but that was before I spent $47 to fill up my van Now I stay close to home.

My friend who turned me on to MSing moved to Wyoming, so I have no one to laugh with when something really stupid happens on a shop; and integrity shops are so much more fun when two shoppers are doing them as opposed to my mother or husband who invariably ask, "Can I order that?" or something equally inane.

Maybe we should have a get-to-know-you somewhere between the Sac and SF areas. Just my

Nice to meet you all!
Go to Top of Page

QueenMarcia

Modesto, CA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  08:48:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too live in California, Modesto that is. I'm new and would really like to chat occasionally. I have a wry sense of humor and enjoy tv shows like South Park and Jon Stewart's comedy show. I also like plays. classical music and Food Network shows like Good Eats and Paula Deen. I adore dogs and I'm married to a much younger guy. If any of you would like to chat, I' up early and late so email me. I love the Volition site, especially the freebies.-Marcia
Go to Top of Page

AngelaMc
Star Contributor

Mar Vista, CA
USA
508 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2005 :  11:09:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi to all California shoppers from sunny (and unseasonably hot) Los Angeles! I shop Mar Vista, Culver City, Venice, Santa Monica & West LA. Nice to meet you all!

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KatTaylor
Valued Contributor

Southern, CA
USA
107 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2005 :  8:11:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another SoCal Shopper here. I shop mostly the Santa Clarita Valley, and occasionally parts of Ventura County and the San Fernando Valley. Though I'll drive farther for a nice dining shop!

~*~ Silver Certified ~*~
It's all reality. None of it is scripted. - Alan Shore, Boston Legal
Go to Top of Page

Colette
Trainee

West Hills, CA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  5:07:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Kat,
I'm for So.Cal. also. I'm new to the forum and am hoping to learn the ropes.
Go to Top of Page

Cathy V

Upper Lake, CA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  11:27:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all. Haven't seen anyone mention my dinky little area so far, so I'll climb aboard here. I'm NoCal, doing Lake County and some shops in Mendocino County. I've also been able to pick up a couple in Santa Rosa, in Sonoma County, if we have to go there anyway. (It's the biggest city close to us and it's 2 hours away.) Very slim pickings up here in the boonies, but there are a couple shops to keep things interesting. But one cool thing is that we retired early, and travel a lot via motor home. (It was, in fact, on an RV forum that I first heard about mystery shopping.) I just signed up last April, right before we left on a 3 month trip, did my first shop before we left, my second shop up the road a bit on our 2nd or 3rd day on the road, one shop in Oregon and three in Washington! Wish I'd known about MSing last year when we did our longest trip ever, from California to Florida and back over 5 months. Boy, I've sure seen shops in a bunch of the cities we visited then!

Cathy
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LaurieRF

San Francisco, CA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2005 :  6:10:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! Yet another Northern CA girl here. I mostly shop in Fremont, Union City, and Milpitas, but will travel to San Jose or San Francisco for a good restaurant shop.

I did a lot when I first started, now I just do a few shops here and there. I'm not going to drive 10 miles in traffic for a $5 shop. I will start the car for $7, though, if it's under a mile and the form is short!

MSPA Silver Certified July 2005: vqdsmm
Happily shopping San Francisco and the East Bay
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums