Page: of 11

Adria_in_CA
Apprentice

Murrieta, CA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  5:20:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I'm one month new to MS and new to this forum ... have gotten some great info already!

I shop mainly Southwest Riverside and North County San Diego. See you around!!

Adria

happy shopper in SoCal
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Veronica B.
Apprentice

West Covina, CA.
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2006 :  01:29:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
hi everyone, My name is Roni, I in the L.A. county area but I also do some of Orange county, Brea, Yorba linda area. I am so glad to meet you all. I was wondering if can give me advice as to how to get into the Soloman Group. The site says something about being referred of pay for a training. I would rather be referred but who can I get to refer me?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Roni B.
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LoriSactown
Trainee

Sacramento, CA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2006 :  09:09:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I live in Sacramento, CA and I do about 6 shops/month down from about 20/month. I started merchandising for a few companies and I'm not sure if I like it yet.
Anyone else have a preference between MS and merchandising?

MSPA Silver certified #t1oydv
Happily shopping Sacramento, CA and surrounding areas.
Go to Top of Page

Claudessa

Gardena, California
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  10:08:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do more merchandising than shopping. I have worked for one company for 3 years, I know the job and the stores that I work in know me. It provides a steady income stream and the pay only goes up. I limit my shopping to things that are on my route for mechandising. Have just start merchandising for a company that pays for miles and cell phone. Both of companies take care of there contracters and pay is within 2 weeks.

But with everything it is a choice, just like with shoppping there are some jobs I won't mechandising is the same, I will not do resets or jewerly or makeup. Did each once and that was enough. What you want to find is a merchandising job that is on going not the one shot things.

Merchandising and MSing in Southern California
Go to Top of Page

Peter174

Palo Alto, CA
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  07:45:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Been shopping the Peninsula ( Menlo Park upward) and Southbay for a few years now. It would be good to network and get tips for this area from fellow Nor Cal shoppers.

Cheers

- peter
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  7:45:11 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, everyone. My husband & I are both shoppers & we live in Cloverdale, which is about 90 miles north of San Francisco. We shop in Sonoma County & also Ukiah in Mendocino County. We haven't yet, but, we're open to going to Lake, Napa, Solano, Marin & San Francisco counties.

Actually, we probably wouldn't have to if we could find the MS companies which serve this area. There are plenty of FFs, for example. It seems the majority of the companies we're signed up with, don't do business here, though. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Silver certified & shopping Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake counties
Go to Top of Page

MammaKimber
Valued Contributor

Carlsbad, CA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  12:08:32 AM  Visit MammaKimber's Homepage  Send MammaKimber an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!I'm from Carlsbad, just north of San Diego. I've been living on the forum for the last week and decided to register. New to the business and welcome all advice!

Kimber
Silver Certified:mbmb0u Happily Shopping North San Diego County and Beyond
Go to Top of Page

ErinHayden
Valued Contributor

Visalia, California
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  01:31:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

I'm Erin, and I currently shop the Chino/Montclair/Ontario/Pomona areas, and try to pick up jobs in the Visalia/Tulare area when I'm up visiting family.

Nice to meet you all :)

Erin
MSPA Silver Certified - Covering the great state of California since 2004
Have laptop, camera, and military base access - will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Glenna

Merced, CA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  04:39:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
I am in Merced. I have shopped in this area since the end of 2004. I have just begun to pick up more shops. This is a smaller town, so I do shop north and south of in this area. The gas prices sure limit the ability to make money doing this job now, though. Are you finding that, too?

Glenna
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl Cox
Trainee

Westlake, TX
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  5:01:05 PM  Send Cheryl Cox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All! I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area most of the time....but I keep a home in Oceanside, CA. So, I shop Camp Pendleton, and some local San Diego Shops.

Cheryl Cox
Gold Certified 6mj61q
Military and Airport Access - San Diego/Texas and all of USA
Go to Top of Page

SueZ
Apprentice

Roseville, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  09:26:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in Roseville and want to get together with other Sacramento area members at the Golf Certification meeting July 15 in SF. Anyone attending from this area?

SueZ
Go to Top of Page

LisaB108
Apprentice

Highland, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  12:27:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi SoCal Shoppers
I am in Highland California. I would love to connect with any shoppers in my area. I shop San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  12:51:05 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since I last posted on this, I've found more shops in our area. Yea Is there anyone else out here who shops Sonoma & Mendocino counties? I would like to hear from you. Thanks.

Silver certified & shopping Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake counties
Go to Top of Page

JennyP
Contributor

CT
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  5:21:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm new to shopping, only completed 3 so far (2 more scheduled this week!). I'm in LA on the westside. I think I'll be trying to stick as close to home as possible since traffic is so bad around here. I also have a full time job so this is just for a little fun and some extra cash/free fun out.

Jennifer

Jennifer - Shopping Connecticut
Silver Certified rrhmjo
Go to Top of Page

SoCal Carol
Apprentice

San Diego, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  1:35:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am Carol and a newbie to mystery shopping.

Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2006 :  07:28:19 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Carol, welcome. Make sure to sign up for Trendsource. They are based in San Diego and there are generally tons of shops there.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

VioletM
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2006 :  7:10:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in Los Angeles. I have been doing a few shops here and there for about a year and a half now. My other work has turned more part time now so I'd like to do more of this if I could find shops that are lucrative enough. Generally speaking I don't accept anything under $14, although I just signed up for a slew of merchandising audits that pay less than that; but those are super super easy and I got a bunch of them in the same area. I would love to migrate more into things like that, that involve less role playing, ergo less time. Any advice?

I'd like to chat with other LA shoppers!

Violet
Go to Top of Page

TanyaMT

San Diego, California
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  2:45:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in San Diego (central area). I have been lurking on the forums for about a year but just recently started doing more shops so decided to post too instead of just lurking! LOL.

Tanya

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

BeckyC2006

Ontario, CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  09:24:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Fellow CA Shoppers!

I have been enjoying the Volition Forum since February 2006 when I became a Mystery Shopper. I also am registered with the State of California to prepare income taxes (for 12 years now). This has really helped me with gathering and sorting my shopping info for my personal tax return. I currently shop within 20 miles of Ontario, CA. I average about 10 to 15 shops a month. Nice meeting you and feel free to email me.

Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

TonyN
Apprentice

San Jose, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  11:45:07 AM  Send TonyN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I've been a shopper for 5 years. I'm in the San Jose area. I'm actually new to this forum.

TOny
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums