Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 What is or was your LEAST stressful merchandising job?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JaniceinFL

Florida
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  2:47:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I know all jobs have good points and bad points, but some of them are very stressful.

I was just thinking it would be nice to know what some of the least stressful types of merch jobs are.

I would say that mine would have to be a coffee merchandising job I once did. I cleaned up the displays & re-filled the beans and basically straighted up. It was messy, but actually was alot of fun. No crazy demands and not a lot of paperwork involved.
Customers were always coming up to me to talk about their coffee preferences, and the store managers were actually glad that I was there to help, and were nice to me! :)

How about you?

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  5:41:07 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Note related opposite question:

What is the worst (hardest) merchandising job you have ever done?
Go to Top of Page

AlanF

Reed City, MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  7:48:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Easiest job I've done recently is putting $1 off ring collar coupons of jars of spaghetti sauce . Maybe 20 minutes each store & I did three in an afternoon. Easiest $45 I ever made.
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  8:20:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My easiest job has been replacing missing or broken caps on perfume bottles.
Go to Top of Page

SelenePN
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
942 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2005 :  9:38:48 PM  Send SelenePN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My easiest jobs are those product withdrawals that are simply precautionary. The client really does not expect there to be any unit in the store, but they have to make sure. So I drive to the store (and they are usually big retail chains, so they are easy to find and I don't get lost), look around the shelves and the backroom, get a manager's signature, go home to fill out a zero-quantity report (which takes less than 2 minutes), and put the signature page in the mail. No product to carry around or dispose of. The pay is not very much (since the time spent is minimal), but the work is surely easy enough.

Correction - now that I think about it, the pay is actually very good, compared to other merchandise work that pays $8 for a full solid hour of hard physical work.

Thanks,
Selene
Go to Top of Page

Sandi In Mississippi
Star Contributor

MS
USA
1285 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  04:42:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've really enjoyed paperback book service in a drug store. There are several kinds of reading material I don't much enjoy, but there is just something so cool about arranging the best sellers and getting to see what is new and what sells well. If I could work some chocolate truffles into the display I'd have my two favorite things in one place L0L!

Another project which was fun for me was repairing gift bags with some little glue stickers to keep the display holders on. I can't say it was easy, but it was satisfying to get the display totally neat and the product itself was gorgeous.

MSPA Gold Shopper
Go to Top of Page

CarmenBolin
Valued Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2005 :  4:35:06 PM  Send CarmenBolin an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Putting stickers on product. So far, I got to put stickers on nylons, movies, girls jeans, lamps, and CD players. In each case, it was all the product in a given location, not backstock, and there wasn't much product in any case except the nylons. All for easy money. Love those!

MSPA Gold Certified July 2005
Shopping & Merchandising Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles Counties
Go to Top of Page

KaySFbay
Star Contributor

Redwood City, California
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  11:34:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am fortunate enough to have a stress-relieving merchandising project. I service CD kiosks in some well-known stores. The CDs are designed to be soothing and relaxing, though maybe I get too relaxed because I find myself humming the tunes when I get home.

Kay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums