Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Random Thoughts
 April fools day- Anyone got any pranks planned?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  2:52:48 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Where in the world did March go? April is around the corner!! Anyone have anything plotted for april fools day?

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.

Jules in Boston
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
1492 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  6:06:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am plotting big time as usual. I managed to get my husband and my parents last year pretty good. I do not know if I can top it but am thinking away. I have gotten my parents for years now. Many years ago while in high school, I changed every clock in the house up an hour and crawled in to their bedroom at night to switch the alarm clock up too. They got up started to get dressed and were about to rush off to work at 6AM when I informed them about the real time!

I have switched the sugar in the bowl with salt, vaselined the toilet seats, etc. etc.

I love April Fools Day!

GOLD CERTIFIED
Shopping Boston, MA and metro area.
Go to Top of Page

Paul S
Valued Contributor

WA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  6:34:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am still plotting something big but I always use the generic pop-its under the toilet seat and rubber bands around the sink sprayer (if available)

Paul
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  6:40:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never plan anything but I know I am going to get "got" for sure. It happens to me every year and it's usually stupid stuff, nothing even elaborate or well thought out.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  7:16:19 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
vasoline on the toilet seat...? I am SO glad I'm not in Boston. I think I will avoid public restrooms that day.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  7:49:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Years ago I got it good. The office I worked at was near and old farm with barns and out buildings. I got in the company car to go get something. When I returned my car was nowhere in sight. I Hurried in. My friend was all upset and told me my car had been stolen. I went back outside freaking out. It was then my coworkers busted out laughing. My friend had taken my car way out and hid it in the farmers field.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2005 :  9:08:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I was 15 I broke the world record for performing the Biggest Practical Joke with the Least Amount of Forethought: I told my mother I was pregnant when I was not. I have stuck to the rubberband-on-the-sink nozzle prank ever since.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2005 :  12:14:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know what I'll do this year as the kids are grown up. My traditional joke was food coloring in the milk. It worked for a couple of years (as a surprise), after that it became a "family tradition".
The first year I'll never forget. I told them to get their own breakfast and to have cereal. They were in "shock" when they poured the milk and it was green!

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

MaryLanham
Star Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
327 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  9:28:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HMMM. Some good ideas! My hubby has been in kind of an ill mood these past few weeks, and in turn has taken it out on me. He is really in for it this year. Last June we welcomed our 2nd son. We decided our family was complete. Well, I had the surgery. I think I am going to get my sister (who is pregnant) pee on a pregnancy test for me and I will have it waiting for him when he gets home! I just hope he doesn't have a heart attack!

Mary Lanham
Go to Top of Page

MaryLanham
Star Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
327 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  9:33:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just had to add one of the best pranks pulled! Our local radio station is the best at April Fools! Two years ago they made an anouncement that instead of daylight savings time (moving up and hour), that instead of moving up one hour at 2 a.m. that the clocks were to be moved up 6 hours instead on the following Tuesday. I couldn't believe the people who phoned in! So many people were worried about doctor and dentist appointments. The d.j.s suggested they reschedule. I can't believe so many people fell for it!

Mary Lanham
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2005 :  11:52:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One year our youngest son put plastic saran wrap under the toilet seat for his oldest brother as a prank. I think you could hear that kid screams in the next state.

I always get my hubby, but I don't know what I will do this year.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  02:46:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another good prank is a visit to a gag shop like a costume place. Buy a fake egg painted white. its made of wood I think. Hand this over to who ever is cooking the eggs. Just sit back and watch them pound that son of a gun against the bowl or counter to crack it hehe. I put this in the egg carten at camp and watched the Dad who was elected to cook bang that about a dozen times and then yell at his wife why did she put a hard boiled egg in there. Fake hand soap and a plastic spider were good hits too.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  10:27:51 AM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Dad pulled that egg trick on my grandmother when I was a kid. It was hilarious... :)

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2005 :  10:48:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like to stock up on various candies--one may taste fine for a while, then turn to a soap taste. Another may have very hot cinnamon in the center. Another may turn your tongue blue. Whatever I can find at the party shop. I mix them in the bowl of candy the receptionist keeps out for the officers. I've been with the same department for 16 years, and have pulled this several times--not necessarily on April 1. No one suspects me at all. In fact, there are those who doubt I have a sense of humor, and most think I am too prim and proper for any silly stunt or child's play.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  05:02:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hehehe I like the candie don't forget the fake spilled soda or melting popsicle props. My pastor had a good sence of humor. He had icecubes which were plastic but looked real. In each one was a bee. Yep I was at the house and found these in my iced tea a couple of times.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  5:14:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, did anyone do a great April Fool's joke or have one done on you? or just witness one done on someone else?
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  6:52:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I made my son's oatmeal green with food coloring this morning, then told him there must've been something wrong with it, but it would be okay to eat. He refused to look at it and was so nauseous that he barely ate any breakfast. An hour later, he's at school and I'm thinking "where's his sense of humor"? I put my tennis shoes on and can't figure out why my foot won't go in. I look inside and discover a browned banana peel jammed into the toe of my shoe. I was never so proud of him!

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

SelenePN
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
942 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  11:13:18 PM  Send SelenePN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I am not used to this April Fools concept, so I don't really have a very exciting story to tell. But I wasn't too happy today because my DH played a trick on me. There is a guy who owes us some money for a long time, and we have been trying to get our money back. My DH called me earlier and told me that he got the money back from that guy today. I was so excited.... and then he told me "Happy April Fools Day". I was really NOT HAPPY.

Thanks,
Selene
Go to Top of Page

Jen_in_MD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  05:25:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I pulled a mean one on my DH yesterday. I had been having some stomach pains for the past few days. Yesterday, I called him to let him know that I called the doctor and that he wanted me to come in for a pregnancy test. I could almost hear DH's face go pale over the phone!!! He was trying so hard to sound calm and supportive (neither one of us is ready for kids yet), but I could hear the panic in his voice. Thank goodness, when I said "April Fools", he started laughing. He told everyone in his office how badly I "got him".

MSPA Gold certified: #5bqyg3
Specializing in hotel, spa, and fine dining evaluations throughout MD, DC, and Northern VA
Go to Top of Page

MrsCyrcus
Valued Contributor

Port Huron, Michigan
USA
113 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  07:17:33 AM  Send MrsCyrcus an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Let me start off first with how I got "got". My mom two-ways me to ask me how to get skunk juice off my nephew who I hear SCREAMING in the background. I tell her to use tomato juice. Then my nephew gets on and yells APRIL FOOLS. I wanted to get in my car and go beat his butt so bad.

Now for how I got my hubby. Before he got home from work I removed our showerhead and placed some grape flavored kool-aid inside the opening. I then replaced it and waited for him to take a shower. While he was in there I did not hear him say anything so I went in to tell him this show was talking about someone with our last name. He proceeded to ask me what the f**k is wrong with this water? I was like, what do you mean? He said the f**king water was purple. You can still see some of if here. I started laughing and told him APRIL FOOLS and told him what I did. He said I thought it smelled like kool-aid.

Shopping the Port Huron area. Silver Certified mhbws8
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  09:57:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Years ago I got my husband with the pregnancy trick, only I had my Dr. to thank. He gave me the sheet they usually place the information on and it was marked "positive" when hubby came home from work that day, I looked so sad he ask what was wrong and I handed him the Dr. report and he looked at it. And just looked and looked and then he looked up and said "it's OK" then he saw me smiling and said "what's today’s date" and I showed him the calendar. Needless to say the relief on his face was the icing on the cake.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums