Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Games, Entertainment, Travel, Food & Food for Thought
 Random Thoughts
 April fools day- Anyone got any pranks planned?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MaryLanham
Star Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
327 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2005 :  9:20:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok. I got my hubby good! I put a bunch of Benefiber in his Coke bottle! Lets just say he was running all day long!

Mary Lanham
Go to Top of Page

Missy1970
Star Contributor

Logan, WV
USA
425 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  12:19:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I don't do pranks anymore, but they sure used to be fun.

The best prank I ever pulled off was on my boss in Alabama.
He was a young man full of himself but was a great person.

He had just bought a brand new Nissian truck and bragged about it all the time, me and another girl on our lunch break went out side and jacked his truck up and took the mag rims and tires off and left it sitting on blocks, we put his tires in the back of my truck under the tarp so no one would see them. When we left that morning me and the other girl made sure we got outside first so we could see his face. I thought he was going to have a cow on the parking lot.

We ended up telling him about 15 minutes where they were, and we were nice enough to help him put them back on before going home. He was telling everyone about it the next day, saying that it took some thinking on how to pull our prank off, and that we did.

We laughed about it for months, even he laughed.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  04:38:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still pull April fools jokes. Their the best. I'm waiting for one to be discovered right now when the right person comes along hehe. I will let you know how it turned out. Its far less elaborate then the ones of my youth. I'm cooking up one for a little bit later in the day too.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  12:44:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got ahead of myself on this one so the April Fool's joke is on me since its March 31st. Well the one I planted still has not hatched yet so I think I will be right in step with tomorrow. I watched a little of Martha Stewart today and clearly as she was getting ready for the big day tomorrow she is not above quite a few April fools pranks. I'm in good company I guess.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

.Chef Noel
Inactive

Georgetown, Texas
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  3:33:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have sent this email for the last 14 years on April 1.

You'd be surprised the number of people who fall for it.

On April 1st, ALL - repeat ALL telephone companies in the United States and Canada,

clean out their telephone wires, by blowing a stong force of air through their WIRE systems.

If you are on the phone when this procedure is in force (and different companies do it at different times) you could get a severe ear ache.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ! !

Noel
Go to Top of Page

CandiLynn
Trainee

Maryland
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  5:52:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Reading these pranks are great!

This reminds me of one of the best ones I have ever heard of that was played on my mother. She was at her office one day and when she came back from lunch she was given a message from a Mr. L. E. Font with the phone number.......which when she called was the local zoo! They also did it to another person using the name Mrs. Lyons.

CandiLynn
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  10:24:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is an April Fool's joke that my best friend played on her mother and in the end I joined in on the fun. She called her Mom from work to tell her some news. "Mom" she says, "I'm pregnant". My friend turned 50 2 days later. Her mother said "WHAT" then a bunch of OMG's. She tells her daughter that's she's too old for this and my friend could tell that her mom was getting real upset and said April Fool. Her mom who does not curse told her that she was going to beat her a$$ and hung up the phone. So my friend call her husband and tells him what she did and he calls her Mom and said the same thing only he said that it wasn't an April Fool's joke. Again the Mom goes to WHAT and a flurry of OMG's. He then said April Fool. She told him the same thing. She was going to beat his a$$ too. Now my friend tells me the entire story and you know what I did. Yes I called her mother and her Mom thought she would pull a fast one on me. She told me that her daughter had already called and I told her that I had not spoken to her daughter. Remember this woman does not curse and she said to me that she hated her "F****** phone today" and hung up on me. Mom calls her daughter back at work to tell her what I said and my friend said, "Really, I have to call her". Then my friend tells her April Fools again. Her mom said that she was going to bed now to rest up because she has to gather her strength to beat 3 a$$e$ GOODBYE.

Sorry to be so long winded but I am still laughing about this 13 days later.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  10:16:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know it's not April, but I was reading through the topics and found this one.

Hubby and I celebrate our anniversary on April Fool's Day. (His sister got married on Halloween.)

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  7:50:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My daughter Zoe is 6. She asked me tonight which was my favorite cereal and which I did not like. I told her I liked Frosted Flakes and did not like Shredded Wheat. All evening she told me she was planning a very elaborate prank for me tomorrow. And she could not stop giggling like a little girl!!!! When we got home after her gymnastics lesson, she said "Go upstairs for a minute Mom, I have something to do in the kitchen!" I complied with her request of course and I heard the cereal cupboard opening, the boxes moved around and this really, really cute giggling all along. Hmmmm...I wonder what I'll find in my Frosted Flakes box tomorrow morning...LOL!!!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

MaryLanham
Star Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
327 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  04:13:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
awww, that sounds so cute! I bet she'll be thrilled to pull one over on you!

Mary Lanham
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  06:27:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne--my 8-year-old started out the day today by asking me whether I like Rice Crispies. I told her no. She "ordered" me to stay out of the kitchen for a few minutes. When I came in she had the cereal boxes out and was working on school permission forms--with great innocence. I (stupidly?) thought she was "fixing" breakfast. Nope--she had switched the bags inside the boxes. Rice Crispies were in my Grape Nuts box. She thought it was hilarious. She especially liked the bit about me thinking she was going to surprise me by making me breakfast.

Wonder if there is some kind of kid trick line that they have access to. MN is a long was from LA.

So--how did your breakfast surprise go?

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  07:27:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Breakfast was awesome! I took a bite of my "frosted flakes" () and was very surprised to bite into some shredded wheat!!!! She had a good laugh at my expense.
Then when she went to get dressed, she could not understand why her socks would not fit her feet. I told her her feet must have grown that much in the night and her shoes might not fit either. She ran to try her shoes on...and then realized I had given her her 2 year old sister's socks...Yep, it's wrong, but it was fun!!!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

Sandy Morgan
Contributor

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  1:00:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, after reading the reoccurring theme of the cereal prank and having the same trick pulled on me this morning, I asked my daughter where she got the idea. Apparently it was on Nickelodeon. (note to self, monitor the TV viewing a bit closer...).

Servanne, I loved your sock and shoe trick, that was awesome! You had to have laughed and laughed.

The last trick I played on the kids backfired on me. On St. Patrick's day, I put green paste food coloring in the milk to make it green and messed up the kitchen and told the girls the leprechauns must have been here. Well, when I took the milk out of the fridge to make a super quick breakfast of cold cereal and milk, there was a chunk of food coloring at the bottom. Both girls yelled out "ooh, there's leprechaun poop in the milk, they pooped in it!", and then I had to make a full hot breakfast before school.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  1:36:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Morgan
"ooh, there's leprechaun poop in the milk, they pooped in it!", and then I had to make a full hot breakfast before school.

That is funny!!!!!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  1:42:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, I think I "got" myself today. I volunteered to make 10 dozen cupcakes and a red velvet cake and 14 layer chocolate cake for Relay for Life. It's going to be a long day for this "fool". Sandy, the leprechaun poop is the funniest story I've heard lately.

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

MaryLanham
Star Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
327 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  7:35:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used food coloring to turn my son's plant blue! It's a child's version of a chia pet -except it grows grass. I watered it with blue food coloring and turned the grass blue!

Couldn't figure out how to get my hubby since he works until mid-night tonight. So... my boys and I hung up the Christmas lights outside on the house! It'll be a nice bright surprise when he gets home at midnight! Our neighbors will think we're nuts though!

Mary Lanham
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  2:30:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This morning it was pouring rain and my daughter's sweater was in the car. I asked why she left it out there and was told she'd been hoping to ask dad to buy me some flowers so she could tuck some wild onion into the bouquet to give me a surprise scent. The wild onion is wrapped in her sweater which has been sitting the 80+ degree car. Guess the joke is on her.

And does the puddle of cat pee a creature left at the front door count? If so, some four-legged creature "got" my husband. I don't believe anyone thought it was funny, though.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  01:04:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I belong to a list for fans of my dog's breed. There are about 300-400 members. Every year, you can count on someone posting an April Fools prank. The prank typically will bring up a topic that will be offensive to the dog fancier. However, if you read the post carefully you will see that it's a complete hoax. These annual pranks are entirely predictable. Just as predictable is that every year someone falls for the hoax. Someone will take umbrage and write a long angry response. Others then post their support for this person. Fortunately, someone else expose the hoax. It's always fun to see who takes the leap off the cliff.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  06:25:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Neither of the dogs in the obedience class yesterday followed instructions very well--not even for the very basic stuff that they have down pat. Do you think they were playing an April Fool's joke?

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

MissEllen
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2015 :  9:34:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A local mom borrowed a "For Sale" sign from a realtor, which was put on her lawn, while her kids were in school. She said she was getting even with them. I can't imagine..............

Ellen
gold certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums