Page: of 11

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  7:17:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi fellow Texans!

MsJudyP and AdAora I am from the Dallas area and shop Dallas and surrounding areas. I have been shopping for five months now and I love it!

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

Pam G

Victoria, Texas
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  11:22:52 PM  Visit Pam G's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey ya'll Texans Just wanted to introduce myself I am in south texas by Victoria, I am totally new to all of this but I am learning. Wish me luck I need it!!
Go to Top of Page

MollieB
Apprentice

Pineland, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  08:53:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi fellow Texans,

I live between Sam Rayburn & Toledo Bend, almost to Louisiana. I've been doing some demo's for Quality.. These people are the arm pits of the earth to put it mildly. Grrr. I'd love to do demo's/MS's/merchandising for companies in my area that ACTUALLY pay as promised. If anyone has any leads please give me a shout.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Gay

Longview, TX
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  11:16:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Mollie,
Love your part of the country. I spent a week on vacation a few years ago on Rayburn at a friends condo. Really enjoyed it.

I would also like to get set up with a good merchandising company and not do so much ms'ng. If I hear of anything, I'll let you know and you do the same, OK?

Have any of you fellow Texans done any Bank shops for ath power? I've got one coming up next Monday. It seems pretty simple, role playing and showing interest in opening a personal checking account.

And Pam G, GOOD LUCK to you

Gay
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  1:12:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi group - I'm restarting my MS career part time and thought I'd drop in and get acquainted. Some of you I know, to the ones I don't - howdy! Hi, MsJudyP, remember me?

Gay, I have done many bank shops for ath power. Mine were pretty straight forward, just act like you want to open an account. Make sure you can tell them how much you usually keep in different bank accounts - I sometimes got flustered and couldn't remember what to say

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Pam G

Victoria, Texas
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  2:14:45 PM  Visit Pam G's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey all of ya:
I am starting with two merchandising companies next week I will
let you know how it goes and how quickly I get paid! One of them I am hired as an employee and have to go through 4 days of training before I start so we will see.
Thank you very much for the welcome!
I was curious how far do most of you drive from your homes to do MS's and Merchandising? So far I have gone like 120 miles one way.
Talk Soon
Pam
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  7:59:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,

Pam, welcome and I hope you enjoy MSing as much as I do!!

Cari, welcome back to MSing!

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

VickieB
Contributor

Mocksville, NC
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  10:11:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Texas Shoppers!!

Im a NC shopper who will be mini-vacationing in Dallas in a few weeks. I was wondering if any of my fellow shoppers could give me some advice on what to see/getting around while I'm there? I will be staying at the Hyatt Regency. My sister-in-law is coming to town for the Mary Kay convention and myself and my 6 yr old daughter are coming with her!! Is the downtown area safe for my daughter and I to venture out? I would appreciate any advice you can give.

Thank you!!
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2005 :  8:06:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi VickieB,

Welcome to Dallas!!

Yes, it is ok for you and your daughter to venture downtown during the day but not at night by yourselves. There are alot of activities in the downtown area not far from the Hyatt. Just to mention a few:

West End Market Place (old storefronts and warehouses that were converted into shopping and entertainment.)

Fair Park (it has Science Place and they usually have activities for kids. It also has museums and an aquarium.

The Dallas Museum of Art has Jazz Under The Stars on Thursday nights and you can take a picnic.

The downtown library usually has activities for kids too.

All of the above are in the downtown area and would be easy to get to. The Hyatt will have a guide I imagine showing where all of these places are.

If you have the ability to get to Ft. Worth while you are here I think you would enjoy the Stockyards, The Kimball Museum, and the Ft. Worth Zoo is one of the best zoos I have ever been too.

You can also catch the trolly not far from downtown and go sightseeing.

If I can think of anything else I will let you know.

Presley

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

VickieB
Contributor

Mocksville, NC
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2005 :  12:49:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Presley,

Thanks so much for the info!! I always like to get information from those who live in the area. Im glad that we can venture out during the day because I love to sight-see and especially shop! Please do let me know if you think of anything else. If youre ever in NC I'll return the favor
Go to Top of Page

VernaBailey

Texas
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  1:10:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Howdy!

Tomball just outside of Houston. I know there are a lot of us around this area since the jobs go soooo fast. Love to network with some of yall!
Go to Top of Page

DGenoway
Contributor

Lindale, TX
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  09:12:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would love to go to NC sometime. My daughter and her friend are headed to Atchison, KS in a few weeks, to take my daughter's friend home. My daughter might stay for 2 weeks. They have been arguing since she got here. They are 14 and PMSing.

I am in Van, which is not far from the Dallas area. I love shopping in Dallas, it is so much fun. My daughter especially loves the Galleria there.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Chrissy Roosmom
Contributor

Lufkin, TX
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  7:15:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey ladies in East Texas,
How about us getting together soon? I would really like to be able to have mystery shopping support group!!

Go to Top of Page

Pam G

Victoria, Texas
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2005 :  8:57:45 PM  Visit Pam G's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yea would be great to meet and visit.. I am learning alot.. but would love to find more merch companies lol.. I do both Merch and MS.. I am having a blast.. ya'll can add me to your msn IM if you want psbhr@hotmail.com Have a good week
Pam
Go to Top of Page

RuthMcanally
Valued Contributor

Pittsburg, TX
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  09:09:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would also like to get together with some ladies and gentlemen from the east texas area to talk about potential job oppurinities in our area and learn about more and new companies so what companies work for you and what companies I can try to make work for me. Let me know and then I will let you know if I can make it to the planned meeting or whatever. My email address is punkie2001@wmconnect.com thanks ruth

mcanally

Ruth Mcanally
Go to Top of Page

Gay

Longview, TX
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  11:59:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm game Any suggestions as to where a central location is that we could meet up? I'll have to get a map. Let's see, we have Lindale, Troup, Lufkin, Longview and Pittsburg representing east Texas right? Did I miss someone?

I'm pretty flexible, am not really doing a whole lot of ms'ing, only have 4 jobs lined up for July so far.

Gay
Go to Top of Page

RuthMcanally
Valued Contributor

Pittsburg, TX
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  12:25:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well I cant travel that far becuase I would have to find a ride becuase I do not have a drivers lincense so hopefully it is somewhere close to my area and I can pay someone or talk someone in to taking me there. What about Gilmer, Or mount pleasant tx?
let me know

Ruth Mcanally
Go to Top of Page

Chrissy Roosmom
Contributor

Lufkin, TX
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  3:57:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey, Jacksonville is about an hour from all of us. A little more for some and little less for others, but not much. So how about there? Now all someone has to do is figure out a date and time!

Chrissy
Go to Top of Page

Gay

Longview, TX
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  7:01:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jacksonville sounds fine to me. I've only been there once, but it's not too far for me to drive. I don't remember any landmarks there, though. Maybe they have a Pizza Hut or something that we all could easily find.

You're right Chrissy, timing is going to be the problem. The only dates I have filled so far in July is the 5th, 6th, 16th & 20th. Other than my MS jobs, I'm free anytime. Anyone who is interested in meeting with us, why don't you tell us the dates you can't make it and we'll start eliminating dates.

Ruth, I'm curious, how do you do your shops if you don't drive? Do you mostly do demos? If you could catch a ride to Longview, I'd be happy for you to ride to Jacksonville (if that's where we decide to meet) with me.

Gay
Go to Top of Page

RuthMcanally
Valued Contributor

Pittsburg, TX
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2005 :  9:22:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do my mystery shops when someone just carries me and they stay in the car when i do my shop and when I am done I come out and then we leave I have not done any demos in a few months for some reason these demo companies are telling me that they dont have any work for me and when I go to the stores there is a ton of people there doing demos. I am sorry I cant even find a way to longview becuase that is too far.

Maybe I can pay someone to come to pittsburg and pick me up anybody interested drop me a note and tell me how much you would charge me becuase I am interested in attending this meeting

thanks ruth mcanally

Ruth Mcanally
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums