Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Kim6950
Apprentice

Housotn, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  01:05:25 AM  Send Kim6950 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
How can anyone get a demo job in houston ?

I have been trying for months and only job :(

any ideas ?
kim
Go to Top of Page

T. Christin
Apprentice

Houstont, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  08:07:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

I am fairly new to MS'ing...have been doing it for only a few months now. I am not making much, and have found it difficult to find jobs. I wish I was a little busier!

Any recommendations on which companies handle high volumes of shops in Texas?

Also...can someone fill me in a little more on what merchandising entails? I'd greatly appreciate it!

...can I be added to the map?

T. Christin
Go to Top of Page

DGenoway
Contributor

Lindale, TX
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  08:36:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Christin.

I am from East Texas and only know the ones in my area. What I did to get assignments was to go to Volition's "sites to check daily" and just sign up with the companies and then just check boards daily.

I really don't do much merchandising. I prefer msing during my lunch hour and after work and sometimes on the weekends when I don't have any demos to do.

Sure you can add yourself to the map. You are more than welcome to. Glad to have you on our Texas forum.

Debbie

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  07:21:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all you TX shoppers. Now that I have moved from Houston to Lufkin, there should be lots of jobs for you all. Have you checked out those yummie coffee shops? I used to do zillions in Houston...unfortunately there is only one store in Lufkin...boo hoo.

I still receive emails from schedulers for Houston shops; even though I have changed my address with most of my companies. Therefore, I know there are lots of jobs going on, you just need to sign up with the companies.

As far as demo jobs in Houston, I don't know because I didn't do that. However, I did do a bit of merchandising and it would be a good idea if you signed up with NARMS. You can get both demo and merchandising jobs through them.

Since we moved to Lufkin, I haven't ventured out to see what cities are in my new neighborhood. I've been told Lufkin has all the retail stores and Nacogdoches has all the restaurants. Is this true? Are their any Piney Woods shoppers out there who could tell me what goes on here?

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

DeeAnna

TX
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  07:12:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone planning on going to the Gold workshop in Dallas this year? I probably will - hubby and kid can visit his parents and I can do the workshop.

DeeAnna
Go to Top of Page

DGenoway
Contributor

Lindale, TX
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  07:19:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sincerely thinking about it. I would only go for the day. The $99.00 is what is holding it up for me.

I really want to be gold. I think it would help me get some of the jobs that I have been turned down for because I am silver.

Is anyone else going?

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

AntoinetteB
Apprentice

Round Rock, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  07:02:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I new to the mystery shopping community! I am currently shopping in the Central Texas area: Austin & San Antonio. For those of you happily shopping in TX are there any companies that you would suggest signing up with, any advise for a newcomer is greatly appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

LThurston
Contributor

TX
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  08:55:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone!

I am new here. I will be going to the Gold Certification. I am looking for all the information I can get.

Lisa

Lisa
MSPA Gold Cert
Go to Top of Page

DGenoway
Contributor

Lindale, TX
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  09:18:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Antoinette to Texas shoppers. Good to have you.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

DGenoway
Contributor

Lindale, TX
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  09:20:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Lisa. Good to have you also.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

DGenoway
Contributor

Lindale, TX
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2006 :  09:23:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Antoinette,

What I suggest is getting on Volition's sites to check daily and signing up with as many as you want. I do a lot of demos and prefer those over mystery shopping. However, sometimes I can get some really good ones at the last minute. I love bonus shops!

I plan on going to Dallas on the 25 of February for the gold certification workshop. I have been turned down for some jobs lately, that I think I would have gotten had I been gold certified.

We will see.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

StephanieD
Trainee

Denton, TX
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:29:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am new to this site and have my first demo job next month. I am also hoping to start working part-time in merchandising. I am a single Mom who is hoping this will be a way to make some extra money. I am in Denton, which is north of Dallas/Ft. Worth.
Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

LThurston
Contributor

TX
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  2:47:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope to get to meet anyone who might be going to the Dallas Gold Certification.

Lisa

Lisa
MSPA Gold Cert
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  6:16:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa,

I live in Dallas and will be attending the gold workshop, if you are going I hope to get to meet you. Anyone else from Texas coming to the Dallas workshop?

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

MikkiErwin

Nacogdoches, TX
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2006 :  08:19:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
Is there anyone out there that services the Cooper, TX. and surrounding area?
Mikki

Mikki Erwin
Go to Top of Page

Sue B.

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2006 :  11:06:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those of you still sitting on the fence about whether to go to the MSPA Gold Certification Conference in Dallas on Feb. 25, 2006, I say, "GO, GO, GO!!"

Get thee hither to the MSPA website and register! Don't give the $99 fee a second thought. You'll earn that back in a few weeks, two months tops. I had barely started shopping when another shopper talked me into going to the MSPA Gold conference in Okla. City last summer (thanks Mindy) and it was a smart move. My monthly earnings have increased exponentially every since and the quality of job assignments has improved, too. I'm doing fewer small shops and more higher paying open audits and regular route accounts. I like the interaction with small business owners and managers.

I just can't stress the benefits of going "Gold" enough if you want to be more professional and get the more rewarding assignments. My only regret is that I didn't find out about mystery shopping, audits, and evaluations years ago.

Enjoy the conference!

Go to Top of Page

Mistie in Dallas
Apprentice

Dallas, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  11:30:46 AM  Send Mistie in Dallas an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

This is the new kid on the block speaking.

I did not realize how big the world of MS was!!! I tried getting into it a few years ago, but sadly did not have good leads like this sight gives me. This time I hope to do it the right way.

I just started shopping (have only done two shops so far), have become silver certified and am going to the gold workshop this Saturday. I have heard from their office that there are over 50 people that are going to be there.

I would love to chat with those of you from the DFW area. I have recently started working from home with my OTHER job (not that I pay as much attention to it as I do my MS) and can create my own schedule, so if there are any of you out there that might like to get together and have lunch one day let me know.

I am excited by this new profession, and hope to quit the other one in the next year. So a year from now, you can all ask me if I still have that OTHER job.

Happy Shopping Y'all!!!!!

Mistie
MSPA Gold Certified
Serving the Dallas Metro Area
Go to Top of Page

Shannon Marinelli
Contributor

Canyon Lake, Texas
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  08:14:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been getting in touch with each other lately?

Shannon M
Go to Top of Page

LThurston
Contributor

TX
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  08:37:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, it's been awful quiet on this forum lately...

Lisa
MSPA Gold Cert
Go to Top of Page

CelinaR

Tulia, TX
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  10:45:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not been ablt to be on line untill recently, but no matter how hard I look, I can never get any shops around my area. But I never see anyone here from anywhere close to Amarillo. Where is everyone hidding at??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums