Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Cheryl Cox
Trainee

Westlake, TX
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  5:06:04 PM  Send Cheryl Cox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All! I shop the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and San Diego, CA. I've done a few other areas as needed. I jumped on the Gold Workshop here in March, and to be honest with you, I think it did improve my work load. I was on the fence with it, but I have received so many shops, and reading about the people having a hard time finding shops, I seem to think the Gold Certification must work! I think being reliable and conscientious helps alot too! I've done shops I *really* didn't want to, just to be accepted at some of these companies. But I've enjoyed almost every minute.

Cheryl Cox
Gold Certified 6mj61q
Military and Airport Access - San Diego/Texas and all of USA
Go to Top of Page

LThurston
Contributor

TX
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  12:38:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cheryl, I have to agree with you. I was undecided on the gold certification workshop also. But I wasn't having much luck in getting jobs and I was new. It seems like I get a lot more offers now and more variety. I believe it was worth the investment.

Lisa
MSPA Gold Cert
Go to Top of Page

.Ruth Ferguson
Inactive

Dallas, TX
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  07:54:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darn - a day late and a dollar short again!

I just returned to mystery shopping and merchandising after a break so I missed the opportunity to attend the local workshop. Do they have them in DFW often?

Ruth
Go to Top of Page

JerryH57
Apprentice

Burkburnett, Texas
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  01:54:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Kristin, I am up in Wichita Falls. Not to far from you. I do mystery shopping up here, but theres not a lot of it and most dont want to pay much. Just getting into merchandising and finding the same thing. But I have found a few who pay mileage and travel time. So hoping to get a paid route from here up to childress. What do you find there in Denton, or do you have to go into dallas.
quote:
Originally posted by Sue B.
I never see anyone posting on the forum from my neck of the woods (Wichita Falls region), but I know "they" are out there, 'cause other MS'ers grab jobs before I do.
Hey Sue, I am from Burkburnett and jave been mystery shopping about 9 months. Seems to be a good amount around here, just have to see if it's worth the trip to do some of them. I am working with a few companiees now to get some merchandising gigs going. Just that some dont want to pay any mileage or drive time for places like Vernon or childress. What are you doing in this area. Let me know
quote:
Originally posted by CelinaR
But I never see anyone here from anywhere close to Amarillo. Where is everyone hidding at?
Hey Celina, I am from Wichita Falls area. I would think you would have plenty of shops in Amarillo since it has a much bigger pop than I have here. I could be doing more here if I wanted them, but after doing the ones I have, I have found that most require more time than they are willing to pay. Especially with the high cost of gas these days. I am trying to work a deal with a few comapnies for mechandising work up 287 as far up as childress. Let me know what you have been doing.

Jerry
Go to Top of Page

EliciaE
Apprentice

Beeville, Texas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  5:42:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Wanted to make a introduction. My name is Elicia and I just started mystery shopping a few months back. I checked into a little over a year ago but got a telecommuting postion and never went any further.

I live in Beeville Texas which is in between San Antonio and Corpus Christi.

I have shopped Beeville and everywhere in between Beeville and Corpus Christi and Victoria as well.

Looking for other people in the area since I live in a rural area to network with.
Go to Top of Page

MSanchez
Apprentice

Snyder, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  1:14:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

My name is Michelle and I've been to the site off and on for a while since I started mystery shopping. I decided to join because it has given my a lot of info. I'm from Snyder. It's a town between Lubbock and Abilene, everyone says its the rest stop between them. I would like to chat with anyone close by. I've done shops in Snyder, Big Spring, Odessa, Lubbock, Sweetwater, Roscoe, and Abilene. I enjoy it because it gives me something to do while my kids are in school.

Hope to talk to some of you soon.

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Ms Spesha
Apprentice

Gilmer, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  5:49:04 PM  Send Ms Spesha an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone! I'm pretty new to all this.. But so far I'm having a blast!I'm in Gilmer, Tx. I have been merchandising and mystery shopping for about a year with a company. Can anyone tell me which company's service the East Texas area (Gilmer, Tyler, Longview, Daingerfield, Mt Pleasant & Pittsburg) Thanks Everyone

Spesha
Go to Top of Page

Tina M

Texas
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  9:29:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Michelle! I live in Levelland, just west of Lubbock. I too complete shops in the Lubbock area. I have even driven out to Clovis for a day of "shopping" and brought pretty big days pay. I look forward to hearing from you.
Go to Top of Page

Margaret1020
Apprentice

Austin, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  9:13:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any Austin peeps out there?

Margaret
Go to Top of Page

.Chef Noel
Inactive

Georgetown, Texas
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  09:21:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi - I've done some MS - mostly in fast-food restaurants and have been doing merchandizing for a company for the last 5 months.

I live in Georgetown, Tx (about 30 miles north of Austin).

Like to hear from like-minded folks.

Noel
Go to Top of Page

Irish Sally

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  10:05:01 PM  Visit Irish Sally's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Margaret and Noel,

I'm just south of Round Rock, originally from Wicklow in Ireland (but the accent is all but gone). I've done one shop so far, and have another one this weekend with my husband. I'm hoping to do MS editing soon though; I think I'm into the next round of interviews for that ... hard to tell when it's been five days and they say not to contact them :(

I signed up for those reimbursement shops last week - hotels and restaurants - and I was accepted, but the particular company that welcomed me posts all their jobs mid-monthly.

It's hard to get jobs around here. I tried to take 3 in the same place for this weekend, but someone else took them because they were more experienced. Now the assignments are up on the job board again ... I don't know if I'll take them, as I'd have to wait two hours before I could return the items, and that would severely depreciate my $ per hour.

How often do you guys work the MS circuit?

Sally
Go to Top of Page

KathyV

Rural Central, Texas
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  08:32:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well, I did do some MSing but I have switched to Merchandising. Living in a rural area, there just wasn't enough to do. Plus the driving was not advantagous. Someone gave up my town as territory and I am very glad. I could work full time now if I had the time.

Silver Certified,NARMS Certified, doing only Merchandising now locally
Go to Top of Page

Gayle

HI
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2006 :  04:01:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi to all!!

Or should I say ALOHA! I live in Hawaii for most of the year. I'm in the Austin area visiting for 4 months. Have been shopping now for about 2 years. There are way MORE assignment choices here than at home.

Gayle
Gold Certified
Shopping Hawaii and Central Texas
Go to Top of Page

LisaLisa22
Trainee

New Braunfels, TX
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  06:42:02 AM  Send LisaLisa22 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum here. I started mystery shopping about a month ago and LOVE IT! Wish I could do it as a full time career!

Wanted to say hi and see if anyone is attending the Gold Certification Workshop coming up in San Antonio?

Lisa

MSPA Silver Certifed # ujdbov
Serving South Central Texas - San Antonio & Austin Metro Areas
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2006 :  02:54:58 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am moving to Texas for a job down by the Mexican border. I hear theres lots of jobs where I'm going :-) and people just don't wanna do it. I've been to Texas once before and look forward to everything the huge state has to offer.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Wallace
Apprentice

Odessa, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  4:21:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey ya'll,

I recently moved to Odessa from San Antonio. Looking for any shoppers around here. I did LOTS of shops and merchandising in the San Antonio and Austin area. I only do them now occasionally due to my job.

Wallace
Gold shopper in the Oil Patch
Go to Top of Page

KellyB26
Apprentice

Magnolia, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  08:18:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey guys! Im in northwest houston, just checking to see if anybody else was, and if there were any more recommendations for the companies in this area??? Cypress, Tomball, Willowbrook, Woodlands, Spring

Happy Halloween
Go to Top of Page

.Chef Noel
Inactive

Georgetown, Texas
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2006 :  12:53:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I gave up MS because the pay is usually terrible and they make you wait forever to get paid. Only yesterday I received a check for a shop done in JULY and for less than $15.

I had been doing Merchandising for a good company out of North Carolina doing a monthly service call on the same four stores - but there really weren't enough hours to keep me occupied.

I have just applied to another Merchandising company with guaranteed 10 hours a week in ONE STORE and in Georgetown. No travel. Would be great if I got it.

Stay Tuned !

quote:
Originally posted by Irish Sally

Hi Margaret and Noel,

I'm just south of Round Rock, originally from Wicklow in Ireland (but the accent is all but gone). I've done one shop so far, and have another one this weekend with my husband. I'm hoping to do MS editing soon though; I think I'm into the next round of interviews for that ... hard to tell when it's been five days and they say not to contact them :(

I signed up for those reimbursement shops last week - hotels and restaurants - and I was accepted, but the particular company that welcomed me posts all their jobs mid-monthly.

It's hard to get jobs around here. I tried to take 3 in the same place for this weekend, but someone else took them because they were more experienced. Now the assignments are up on the job board again ... I don't know if I'll take them, as I'd have to wait two hours before I could return the items, and that would severely depreciate my $ per hour.

How often do you guys work the MS circuit?

Noel
Go to Top of Page

Gayle

HI
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  06:51:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!!!

I know this is off topic a little. Is there anyone going to the Gold Certification workshop in San Antonio (11/18/2006)? I am VERY unfamiliar with the freeways here in Central Texas. I would love to carpool with someone. I can drive, just don't want to go alone. Or I can help pay for gas if someone else drove. Help!!!!

Gayle
Gold Certified
Shopping Hawaii and Central Texas
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  6:25:34 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, being my second week in Texas, here is a northerners point of view:

1. Why do so many booths at the flea markets sell bras?? There were more booths selling bras at the flea market today than there are McDonalds in the city of Chicago!

2. The weather is worse than Michigan. One day it's HOT here, the next day its FREEZING, the third day it rains and is comfortable, the fourth day its FREEZING again, and the 5th day its so hot you just wanna sit next to the a/c.

3. No hablo inglish?

4. I absolutely LOVE those turn-abouts at the highway exits by the traffic lights.

5. Forget finding a parking spot on the weekend within 2 1/2 miles of the mall

6. Whataburger?

7. What is the obsession with beans being served with ANYTHING mexican?

8. Lemon and lime salt packets? That's just nasty.

9. Your cold water is the temp of HOT water in Michigan!

10. Accordian music is annoying when blared, but you get the "polka dance" feeling.

That's my top 10.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums