Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

GloriaGtz
Trainee

Houston, TX
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  8:41:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm also in the Texas Area, Houston/Katy. I did my second shop today and am really liking it. Any other shoppers out there from Houston?

Gloria
Gold Shopper 2007
Go to Top of Page

Shannon Marinelli
Contributor

Canyon Lake, Texas
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  7:02:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wait for the hurricanes Abe! The weather will keep you hopping! It is lots of fun. Nice to see all of the shoppers in teh Austin and near San Antonio! maybe I'll meet some of ya'll some day.

Shannon M
Go to Top of Page

A. Taylor
Apprentice

Dallas, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  08:30:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just your luck. I live in North Dallas and I do alot of merchandising work and mystery shopping. I am a full time merchandiser now have been doing merchandising work of some sort for about nine years now.

A.Taylor
Go to Top of Page

DebJWeaver
Apprentice

Nacogdoches, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2007 :  09:37:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To A. Taylor,

I have been trying for the last couple of months to become a merchandiser but no one will give me a chance. Do you have any tips or leads that will help me accomplish this passion I've had for many years?
D Weaver
East Texas

Deb J. Weaver
Go to Top of Page

Tenia
Apprentice

McCamey, Texas
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  09:54:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey! I'm just down the road from you in McCamey! Just started shopping!

Tenia
Go to Top of Page

Shannon Marinelli
Contributor

Canyon Lake, Texas
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2007 :  7:17:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Use the list here on Volition.com . It is very good. Take some time every day to apply to one or two companies every day. Check the pages that list job openings. You will find something, eventuallly. It takes time. Maybe another Merchandiser could help you. Email the merchandisers who respond to those type questions! You'll get work. Just keep looking!

Shannon M
Go to Top of Page

SaraATX
Apprentice

Austin, TX
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2007 :  2:24:13 PM  Send SaraATX an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I'm in Austin and very new to MS -- I just completed my first shop yesterday! I'd love to meet others here.

MSPA Silver Certification #whzee2
Go to Top of Page

Shannon Marinelli
Contributor

Canyon Lake, Texas
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  4:35:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah! I work some in the Austin area as well! How is it going? Let me know! There is alot of shops out theat way! You'll have lots of fun!

Shannon M
Go to Top of Page

JTLongino
Trainee

Austin, TX
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  08:53:47 AM  Send JTLongino an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another Austin person. Just been on a couple of restaurant shops so far, but it's been fun! Maybe we can work out some time for Austin area folks to get together.

-JT

James
Go to Top of Page

Sandra H.

Texas
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  9:35:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I work San Antonio south. I sometimes have a need for another person to help me on assignments. The person should be female, because I am, non-smoker, efficient, and not talk too much. I am a talker, too, but I don't like for talk to get in the way of work. Sometimes I have to turn down an assignment because two people were required. I'm not sure of the easiest way for us to make contact. Perhaps post here first.

Sandra
Rural South Texas
Go to Top of Page

SuperSara
Apprentice

El Paso, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  12:58:14 PM  Send SuperSara an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looking to network with anyone on the far west side of Texas, hello hello!!

Sara
Go to Top of Page

EliciaE
Apprentice

Beeville, Texas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  11:20:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not new to mystery shopping just do not do it that often. Would love to do it more .
when I shop i do shops in Victoria and Corpus Christi
Go to Top of Page

PegF of TX
Valued Contributor

Del Rio, TX
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  8:21:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Howdy from Del Rio, TX. I just decided in the last few days to get back into mystery shopping and merchandising and in the last 36 hours I've picked up 9 assignments - mainly from using the list of mystery shop companies on Volition and applying till I felt like my fingers were going to drop off. Still yet - between audits, shops and a "safety inspection" - I'm looking at about $80 plus $68 in reimbursements in the next few weeks (ok - so some of the checks might not arrive until September). Still yet - that's great for just getting my feet wet again.

I worked as a mystery shopper/merchandiser from 1997-2002 when we lived in Anchorage, Alaska and then the greater DC area (husband was military). When we retired and moved to small town America, it wasn't worth my time and energy to shop and merchandise since we needed for me to have a REAL job (our income was cut in half due to retirement).

It is nice to think about mystery shopping again. I already have date night for hubby and I at one of our favorite places here in town (we don't have much to choose from) and some other interesting assignments coming up.

Now to hit the paydirt for some merchandising jobs!

Oh well....

Peg Flint
Shopping & Merchandising
Silver Certification zvdcro
Go to Top of Page

LisaSJM
Apprentice

Laredo, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  05:44:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody in Laredo? I have been doing MS for a couple of years but need to boost theincome with a second child now. I'd love to do merchandising - I'm going to go look into that now.

I saw that you said Del Rio is not the end of the world but you can see it from here. Here in Laredo they say it's not Hadies... well they use another word... but you can see it from here!

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

CeceliaEastTX
Apprentice

Tyler, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  6:33:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Fellow Texans,

I have been MSing since Feb 2004. I shop East Texas-- based out of Tyler, but have also done shops in Athens, Chandler, Jacksonville, Longview, Mineola. I would not sharing with some of the others that are around here. It would be great to know others in this area.

Cecelia Lavender

Shopping East Texas since 2003
Go to Top of Page

ShanTx
Apprentice

College Station, TX
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  2:33:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi guys... I've been doing merchandising and mystery shopping for about ten years now. I recently moved to the Bryan/College Station area and basically am having to start all over as far as companies to work for. I have found a few companies but always looking for more.

Shan
Go to Top of Page

ReneaG
Apprentice

Grandprairie, TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2007 :  4:21:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello im new to the board,been lurking for a couple weeks,also new to Merchandising and just got hired with Archway,also applied with a few other companies and waiting to hear back.

Is anyone in the Dfw area working for Archway?

Renea
Go to Top of Page

Kim6950
Apprentice

Housotn, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  9:35:58 PM  Send Kim6950 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi
I am in houston and trying my hardest to get demo's

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sharron
Contributor

Richardson, TX
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  9:49:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i work for Archway/ Driveline been here for almost 5 years now... what can I do for you
sharron
Go to Top of Page

LoriLu
Apprentice

TX
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  05:59:00 AM  Send LoriLu an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi from Corpus Christi, TX! I've been m/s'ing for awhile now, never posted in here before tho. I was recently hired by Archway/Driveline, but they've changed their out of town pay to no longer include mileage and drive time. Without those two it doesn't pay to go too far.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums