Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  07:44:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kind of curious about that job you inquired about on this site. Was it a team leader sort of thing which means you cover a wider area but may get gas money more readily. Let us know , M
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  6:24:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Description:
I. PURPOSE OF THE JOB

The Lead Data Collector will be responsible for collecting pricing information at the retail level. The Lead Data Collector will be assigned stores in their general area and will also assist with special jobs that need coverage to meet client deadlines. We have openings in Hackensack, NJ; Boston,MA; Fredericksburg, VA; Cleveland OH; Silver Spring and Columbia, MD areas.

II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Professionally represent client in demeanor and image at all times
Use data collection device to record product unique codes, accurately enter unique prices and appropriate attributes based on individual client collection criteria
Downloading of lists required based on the type of data collection equipment and audit type
Transmit data collected with accurate store time; drive time; and mileage daily
If collecting data from a list that requires more than one day to complete, transmit items audited daily using the correct work date and store time
Call IVR system or utilize Client Field Portal to verify successful transmissions
Call Client Service Manager CSM/Pricing Analyst PA immediately with error transmission information
Ability to complete all work assigned via District Manager.
Notify District Manager and/or CSM immediately when a deadline will be missed
Must have reliable transportation to travel between store locations and cover the entire district, some overnights are required.
Meet performance expectations for on-time completion, transmission and pricing accuracy as defined by the client.
Full Time Hours Required: Monday- Friday : 8 hours days during normal business hours, some Over Time and weekend work is required.
Assist with training and mentoring of other Data Collectors.
Willing to assist on any check including but limited to: Undirected Category checks and full books, Directed Item Lists, Lapel Checks Undirected and Directed, CPG, and PSV checks.
Collection Rate Index must be at or above the company level at all times to stay in good standing.

III. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS

Multi-tasking/time management/organizational skills required
Detail oriented
Must be flexible and quick to adapt to changes
Excellent follow-up skills
Strong communications skills
Professional demeanor

IV. EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT

Daily personal contact with store personnel
Via telephone or face-to-face, daily communication with District Manager and Richmond, VA staff

V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS

(via NARMS)
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2011 :  5:08:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I actually spoke to someone after emailing them instead of calling. I'm the reason I can't get in and I completely understand. Once I clear up my issue, I'll give them another blink. After speaking with the lady, I realized I never asked about the positions, hours, etc, left her a message... she hasn't returned my call. Oh well...
Go to Top of Page

DianneTMiller
Contributor

Edgewood, MD
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2011 :  9:53:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One thing I will say is that this forum has been really helpful and I am glad the resource is here. Bad communication sends a blaring message. Thank you for the reply MCBarb
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  3:45:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with them over 2 yrs and I love it. I get paid on time and have a great boss.
Go to Top of Page

TraciC

PA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  08:24:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Their ad says that you must drive up to 60 miles. Is that something that they are big sticklers on? I would like to maybe do this job, but 60 miles from my home is well over an hour drive and I don't really think it would be profitable to have to drive that far. Even 30 in my area is a longer drive as most of the roads would not be highway. Anyone have any insite on about what their pay is so that I can determine if it would be worth the gas I would have to use.

Traci
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  4:49:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have spoken to several people out in the field that work for RD and that 60 miles they state is just a generality. You could have to drive more or less. If you live far out from even the smallest of cities, then chances are you will find that you could have to drive more than that.

Just keep in mind that Data collection is probably one of the worst paying jobs in the retail services industry (only second to inventory). The last person I spoke to from RD said that she makes the equivalent of $10/hour. (BTW, she covered about a 100 mile radius from her home.) I say equivalent because after your training and probation period, you do not get paid by the hour, you get paid according to how much you scan and how fast and accurately you scan or something like that. It's more or less a "piecemeal" job which amounts to about $10 per hour on average if you are doing a good job. If you are not so good you will get less but you can't be too bad because they do require a minimum rate and accuracy level otherwise the data is no good and you are not fast enough to meet their deadlines. Some areas of the country will pay more and some less, but that is at least something for you to think about while trying to figure out if it might be worth your while or not.

Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  5:15:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a DCA for Nielsen as I have said a few times here before. I m not going into payscale but its more than Larry has mentioned. It also depends on the territory and the location. You cannot generalize about the current market because things are changing faster than I can type.

I do work for Crossmark as a DCA but started under Nielsen before Larry even did. I cant answer specific questions but I m happy to share general information. M
Go to Top of Page

TraciC

PA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2012 :  5:37:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the input. I appreciate all the answers and information.

Traci
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  06:37:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This job was not for me at all. I tried to contact people about doing "mapping" >>> so the items for grocery list are all together, Gm, meat and produce too. That never happened so when I did the data collecting in one store I was running back and forth from 1 soda aisle to the next 17 times due to the list being out of order. No one would help me. I quit in an email. If I had continued my car would no longer be running due to driving so many miles. My gas credit cards were $300 - $600 a month. They also do not pay for the miles I drove.. they figure it out on Bing and pay you that much. I started doing full store scans (scanning ecvery item in stores) which took several days and was totally boring. This job is a tax write off for the companies. Good for them..was not so great for me.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2012 :  06:44:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

They have different accounts so jobs are done differently.

To help make the different job aspects clearer, many times you may have a sheet of upcs that may correspond w/the data price that has been collected. It depends on the company and the job but that may clear up some confusion.

Sorry this response was to an earlier post. Please ignore.
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2013 :  2:02:22 PM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent info on this company? I applied for a job with them, had a phone interview, and it sounds good. This would be a third source of income for me, so if it doesn't work out, that's ok, but I don't want to waste my time either.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2013 :  05:48:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope you keep good records for your pay so you can check what they pay you for. This company does not have accurate info on the stores prices. I had errors in pricing.. when I saw the paperwork Retail Data had a price for an item that was not and never had been in the store. How they marked this as an error, I have no clue. They have pricing on their end so when you send your prices there will be a tally of errors you supposedly made.

Another thing is that numerous times I went to a store to enter pricing and saw only about 17 upc codes only.. no size, no description of an item. Hmmm.

Please let us know how it works out for you.
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2013 :  07:32:59 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, if i get an in-person interview, i'll see how that goes. i am NOT willing to drive too far in my old car. it isn't pertinent that i get this exact job, i am only looking for extra income since 2 jobs don't cut it right now (sad, isn't it?).

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2013 :  05:56:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another factor about this type of work is that full store scans were being done and I was told they would be done more often. It takes 3 days to scan a whole store and then of course you can do nothing else.
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2013 :  09:09:52 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a "thanks but no thanks" email from them, and I was OK with that.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2015 :  09:29:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are these audits for competitive pricing? Or are they similiar to the "on shelf availability" audits that Acosta used to do in WM? Also, what types of stores do you work in? I can't imagine doing a full store scan in a big box store.

Ann
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2015 :  12:21:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent information on this position. I have a interview through a hiring service for a data collector position.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  11:05:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have accepted a position with Retail Data LLC. So far onboarding process has gone quick through Headway Employment agency. My District Manager from Retail Data has already reached out to me and I should get my equipment soon. I will update in a few weeks how it is going.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2015 :  08:10:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WendyG

I have accepted a position with Retail Data LLC. So far onboarding process has gone quick through Headway Employment agency. My District Manager from Retail Data has already reached out to me and I should get my equipment soon. I will update in a few weeks how it is going.

Congratulations Wendy, It appears they are expanding and are hiring in my home state too. M
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums