Thanks Jnanne. I need to take some more Wilco shops to buy a few more plants

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2017 :  7:11:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmm, tomorrow night should be 31, next night will be about the same. I am done covering plants. I will pull plants out of pots and hope for a much better summer next year!!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  06:40:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spring is around the corner. I am planning this year's gardens.
scallions, yellow pear tomatoes, salsa tomatoes, Cherokee purple tomatoes, sweet pepps, jalapenos, basil, green and yellow beans and lots of flowers!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2018 :  08:59:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I planted some seeds>> lots of basil, yellow pear tomato, jalapenos, sweet pepps, marigolds and dill.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  10:42:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone gardening and/or planting seeds or is it just me?
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  10:55:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just noticed yesterday that the hyacinth that I had forgotten I'd planted is in full bloom. It is gorgeous. And the daffodils are making heads. Should be blooming any day now. The iris are up, but I don't know when they will be spectacular. The green is about a foot tall and that is pretty, but when they bloom they will be much better. Many of my trees are blooming. The camellia is about done. We've had so much rain that I don't think I'll be out planting anything anytime soon, but I sure am enjoying the springtime flowers.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  10:58:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The hyacinths that I had forgotten about planting are in full bloom and are gorgeous. The daffodils are starting to make heads and should be blooming soon. The iris are about a foot tall and while the greenery is pretty, I can't wait for them to become spectacular. My camellia tree (someone way back when nursed it until it is almost as tall as my 3-story house and has one trunk, so it is definitely not a shrub) is finished blooming. Many of the other trees are in full bloom right now.

It has been raining for days and I don't know when I'll be able to plant anything, but I sure am enjoying the springtime flowers!

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3100 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  1:08:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

Is anyone gardening and/or planting seeds or is it just me?

Nothing gets planted here till after Mother's Day. We always have at least one frost in late April. Garden center loves to see people buying stuff on the 70+ degree days in April thinking it is OK to plant. Then we get a frost and it all dies.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2018 :  4:34:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far I have jalapenos, sweet peppers, yellow pear tomatoes, sweet pea flowering vines and jalapeno gigante. I am also growing tendergreen beans in my kitchen!! Bad news is all hollyhocks, yellow tomatoes, geraniums and other peppers died. I plan to replant hollyhocks, geraniums, yellow tomatoes and marigolds......
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3052 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  4:03:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Strawberries are going strong and the yellow squash is blooming. The only other edibles I put out this year are herbs and asparagus. Won't expect more than a few spears this year, and no decent crop for 3 or 4 years at least. Then it will be lots for years to come! I do love perennials.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2018 :  07:13:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I have way too many plants this year....I started seeds twice but no luck ether time. The only thing I have is sweet pea flowers growing in a party cup....
I started seeds again 5/3 and 5/4 ....they all came up. Yellow pear tomato, yellow jubilee tomato, jalapenos, gigante jalapenos, basil, cilantro, marigolds, dill, parsley, green beans, morning glories and some seeds I had in my frig for years now...tall nasturtiums. They are orange flowers on a vine that grows abt 10' tall. I put them in with purple morning glory seeds. It will look divine and the hummingbirds love them!! Oh... almost forgot the pot of chili peppers!! Also growing geraniums, hollyhocks, sweet pepper and cubanelle pepper. Next year I will plant seeds in May and forget abt planting in
February or March.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2018 :  11:42:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How's your garden doing? Anybody got anything yet?
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2018 :  8:45:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We got one baby tomato, and the kohlrabies are almost ready.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2018 :  11:49:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good luck with your kohlrabi. I have jalapenos, plum tomatoes, oregano and boxwood basil. Rest is growing but I will have to wait. I just put the yellow pear tomatoes in the sun. The yellow jubilee tomato plants are quite large. I never grew them before.

Anyone else gardening?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2018 :  08:22:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I checked my jalapenos and they are not ready to pick. I will it til next week. Going to check the garden today and move some things around. Everything got very big after the recent rain we had. YAY!

Anyone else?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  1:57:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had many jalapenos and loving them. I made corn and black bean salsa a couple of times and also tomato salsa.

I found something interesting. I did a search for free seeds and was pleasantly surprised...
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1711 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  06:13:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
try putting in for a search...

free flower seeds and bulbs samples OR

free vegetable plants and seeds OR

free seeds from government 2018
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums