Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AKayM

Georgetown, KY
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  9:42:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone merchandising in KY that would like to do some networking, swap leads, have coffee etc.

Angela - Silver Certified ujcrly - in Ky

KRightmyer
Trainee

Harrodsburg, KY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  11:16:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Hello! I started MS'ing in November 2004 which led me to merchandising and auditing. I prefer those over the MS'ing but I still read the e-mails and posts for shops.

I look for assignments in the greater Lexington area but mostly around home in Harrodsburg, Lawrenceburg, Versailles, and Danville.

I'll gladly swap e-mails if you want to network merchandising leads.

Later, Keith.
Go to Top of Page

AKayM

Georgetown, KY
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  7:46:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Keith, how are you, nice to hear from you. I work Lexington, Frankfort, Winchester, and Georgetown mostly. I guess we will be working in each others backyard Feel free to contact me via e-mail. Good luck

Angela - Silver Certified ujcrly - in Ky
Go to Top of Page

Brian In KY
Apprentice

Frankfort, KY
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2005 :  12:05:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, guys.

I am brand new to MS--in fact, I did my first one today!

I live in Frankfort, but plan to occasionally work Lexington and Louisville (weekends only) as well. Any advice you can give regarding companies, jobs, pay... I'd really appreciate it.

-Brian
Go to Top of Page

Becky930
Apprentice

Louisville, KY
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2005 :  8:01:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not much activity here in KY. I live in Louisville, and would love to network. I see jobs in Lexington all the time that is just too far for me to travel. Would love to help some of ya'll out. Just e-mail or let me know.
Shannon

Happily shopping in KY
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShopsSC
Contributor

Columbia, MO
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  6:13:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here I am down here in the SE corner of Kentucky. Not alot going on down here in rural country but I get enough to keep me going.
I frequent Lexington about twice a month and can usually grab a dinner up there through Bestmark but they are getting rare these days.

Would love to network with others in Kentucky!
I shop Corbin and London and will sometimes venture into Mt. Vernon, Williamsburg and Manchester if the price is right.
I try not to do anything for less than $15- just doesn't seem to be worth my time or gas.
Would love to pass on the jobs that are too far away for me to do...
Do any of you merchandise also?
Donna

Donna
Merchandising/Shopping in Columbia, Missouri
Go to Top of Page

LouAnnT
Apprentice

Union, KY
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  08:35:24 AM  Visit LouAnnT's Homepage  Send LouAnnT an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm new here - found Mystery Shopping through this board! I'm doing it for fun, so I haven't taken many jobs. I live in Northern KY, south of Cincinnati - so Lex & Lousville are both over an hour for me. What is merchandising??? Never heard of it!
LouAnn
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  10:29:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You probably have seen merchandisers in the stores before. They usually are not dressed like the store's staff, but fill shelves with merchandise. Some vendors want their products placed a certain way and the shelves kept filled with their merchandise. Thus, they sent in their own people instead of letting the store staff take care of it.

Oh, and Brian, stop picking up all the shops around here, you are cutting into my profit

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShopsSC
Contributor

Columbia, MO
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  6:50:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Y'all!!!

It's me again, I posted earlier. I was just wondering if any of you know someone in the Southeastern portion of KY that would like a great merchandising job. I am quitting soon and looking to help my boss out. I've also seen a ton of high paying mystery shops in the Pineville/Middlesboro area that I would love to pass onto someone. It is just too far for me to go.

Just email me.
Thanks!
Donna

Donna
Merchandising/Shopping in Columbia, Missouri
Go to Top of Page

AlexDixon
Trainee

Lawrenceburg, KY
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2006 :  6:53:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi to everybody in KY,
I just started MSing in Feb.06 and love it.
I'm a native german and moved here to Lawrenceburg, KY with my hubby who is in the Army.

Alex
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

BarbNoKY

Covington, KY
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2006 :  6:32:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all in Kentucky. I'm in northern KY about 5 miles south of Cincinnati, OH. I love merchandising and mystery shopping. I've been doing it for about 3 yrs now. Anyone up north?
Go to Top of Page

SFugett

Louisville, Kentucky
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  10:04:56 AM  Visit SFugett's Homepage  Send SFugett an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi
I am in Louisville and it can be hard to find shops that are worth the travel and money.

Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Doris C
Apprentice

Bowling Green, KY
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  1:50:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in Bowling Green, KY and am silver certified. There aren't a lot of good paying jobs here. Does anyone know of some companies that pay pretty well. I also have been involved in 2 focus groups. This pays a lot! Does anyone know of any companies that do focus groups in this area?[

Doris Constable
Go to Top of Page

HarmonyGirl

Louisville, KY
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  12:06:52 PM  Send HarmonyGirl an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I moved to Louisville from Florida about eight months ago. I miss my Florida shopper friends because we could help each other out with leads, etc.

Glad to see there are other KY shoppers out there!

Harmony

MSPA GOLD Certified ~ Shopping Louisville, KY and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

SusanJo
Trainee

Louisville, KY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  06:39:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in Louisville, and I've been doing shopping and merchandising since January 2005. I'd love to network about tax stuff. My first year was fairly low key money-wise. I call it my graduate school year.., where I was learning by spending a lot of time online, doing some shops that I will never do again, and basically getting my feet wet and finding what works for me. This year I am making more money, and am about to start unsubscribing to the multitude of campanies that only offer me poor pay, fast food, and other choices that don't work for me.
We had an extension on our taxes, so I finally got to the nitty gritty of getting it all together last week. Couldn't do the office in home because I didn't make enough. Everything I wanted as a deduction needed to be put through depreciation. IRS publications, extra forms and schedules started pouring into view! I'm a retired chiropractor, so I am familiar with self employment and its obligations, but this was getting ridiculous for the tiny amount of money I made. I finally decided to not deduct as much, pay the small tax and spare myself further gray hairs or loss of gray matter! But now I am wondering if I can deduct the printer next year etc. Also, I've seen mixed reviews on deducting online services connections. So, I'd love to network about these topics in particular. We also started to go to an acct. this year, so if I find info from him, I'll be glad to share what works for me.
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  07:17:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susanda, run a search on all Volition Forums on the word 'tax' and you will find a wealth of information.
Regarding the printer. I know that you can expense printers for tax purposes in the year that you bought them. Other things to keep track of are paper and ink, internet service provider fees (% depends on your business use of the internet), expenses as part of the shop requirement, postage to mail in paperwork/receipts (where applicable), phone costs to call mscompanies/schedulers, and most importantly mileage.
I have an Excel file for each company and I linked them together in one master file to know how I'm doing overall. I always update the information once I have submitted a shop. It's also linked to my tax file. Once tax time comes around, I only have to print of one sheet and wait for the 1099 to come in. Then I'm ready to fill out the tax forms. It took some time to get it all worked out, but it's working fine for me.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

SusanJo
Trainee

Louisville, KY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  08:19:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Susanne. I have started keeping info on an excel sheet, and have good record keeping about miles etc. However, since I didn't make enough to claim a home office, which I essentially have,[and you may know this, but others reading may not] I could only deduct mileage from the first shop to the second shop [if there were one]. Without a home office, IRS considers mileage to the first shop 'to work'', and mileage after that mileage 'for' work'. I don't often do 2 shops, so return mileage form one shop is considered 'return home from work' and not deductible. Therefore leaving me this year with little or no mileage to deduct. The IRS was adamant that I had to depreciate my fax/printer. Seems excessive to me. I am going to research the tax info here as suggested. Clarity sounds like an exciting possibility!!
Go to Top of Page

ElizabethS

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  09:31:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! I live in Lexington, KY. I was wanting to do some merchandising here. Does anyone know of any that are hiring? TIA!
Go to Top of Page

SFugett

Louisville, Kentucky
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2007 :  5:01:27 PM  Visit SFugett's Homepage  Send SFugett an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Know of any merchandising companies in Louisville. I would like to do either restocking or product placement?

Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Judy Callaway
Apprentice

Louisville, KY
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  5:48:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, I have been mystery shopping about 4 months now. I have had a few jobs but most of them were ff. I am never selected for the more involved ones. I suppose because I am new and not as experienced as some others applying. I have been reading some of the merchandising posts and I am interested in learning more. I actually work full-time so that keeps me from being as flexible as I would like.

Judy

Judy L Callaway
Go to Top of Page

Tristina

Derby City, KY
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2011 :  10:52:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are there any Louisville area shoppers out there who would like to share the work and pay for an upcoming MERCHANDISING assignment? I've been scheduled for one that must be completed within the next few days, but it requires a partner. I usually work independently, but for this assignment, a partner is required. The pay is fair and decent, and the work is not difficult. Location is south end of Louisville. Please e-mail me if you are interested in and available for this upcoming assignment. Thanks.

Tristina
Gold Certified 2004
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums