Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  2:41:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello All! I took a little break from shopping, and now am ready to steam roll ahead, however, there doesn't seem to be as many shops available now as there used to be. Is the market slow or do we now have more AR shoppers than before?.

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

Dot-eee

Benton, AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  3:33:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi CiCi,

I shop the Benton/Bryant area and sometimes do some of the better-paying shops in Little Rock. There are a lot of $5 shops out there but I don't do any of them. It costs me more than that to drive out of my driveway. Most of my shops are the higher-paid ones ($45-$100) but I will take some shops that pay $15 or more. The high-pay shops are rarely advertised. They usually go to established shoppers. I took a lot of low-paying jobs to become established though. Now, I rarely look for shops, only checking the websites when I'm bored. Some days I get so many calls from schedulers asking me to do shops that I can't keep up.

I think there are many more shoppers now. When I first started shopping Saline County, several schedulers told me that I was the only one shopping that county and they were glad to have me. Now I know there are many more shoppers because I don't take the low-paying jobs and they are getting done. A couple of weeks ago, I was doing a covert shop and there was another shopper finishing up a reveal shop. I know several shoppers by sight (waving to Donna) but I did not recognize this shopper. (Yes this one wasn't a well-paid shop, but it paid more than most. And it was just a block from my house, I was hungry and the shop/report was easy.)

I have a couple of quick merchandising jobs near my house that pay well and I also do courthouse research and regularly make $25-$30 an hour doing that. It is only 2-3 hours a week, but the courthouse is only 2.5 miles from my house so it is worth it. I am easily bored, so I love having the ability to vary my schedule daily.

So just hang in there. The jobs are out there. Maybe you just need to reestablish yourself as a great shopper and then the jobs will find you!

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Central Arkansas - Little Rock, Benton, Bryant, Malvern, North Little Rock and beyond
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  5:20:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Dot-eee and Cici!! I've been doing more audits lately and LOVE them! I do some low paying shops, if they are my favorites and the reports are simple. I have several merchandising jobs I do regularly and like doing those, too.

I had a scheduler list a stickering project that called for teams of two. The one I'm interested in is in Jacksonville. Is anyone interested?

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  7:59:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Dot-eee and Donna!
Wow! Sonds like you are very busy in Saline County! I have been searching for shops in my area for a few days now, and have been fortunate to find a couple. I have 3 scheduled for Conway area for later this week, and am looking for more in that area for same day, so as to maximize to trip over.When I WAS doing alot of shops, I was alwyas self-assigning. I don't recall but a couple of times that a scheduler contacted me. Is there a way to contact them directly and let them know that I am working.. and that I am willing to take on shops? I welcome all of your suggestions, and thank you for your time. I hope to hear from you all soon!

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

SharonR
Valued Contributor

Dickson/Nashville, Tennessee
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  09:09:40 AM  Visit SharonR's Homepage  Send SharonR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just want to Say Hello Arkie's. I'm originally from Cross County,Ark. I will be going Home to Visit my Family In June and will be doing some Demo's in my Home town area while Im there. I will be In Wynne,Forrest City and Jonesboro and maybe Conway and Searcy if I can get one lined up there. If you see me in one the area,s stop by my display and say Hello to me.

Sharon
From Cherry Valley

"Its The Sweet Life"
Dove Chocolatier
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  3:37:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon,
I will look for you in Conway next time I visit there, and Searcy too. Enjoy your trip, don't forget to have fun! What types of demos do you do? Do you demo during the week or weekends only?

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

SharonR
Valued Contributor

Dickson/Nashville, Tennessee
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2006 :  11:08:28 AM  Visit SharonR's Homepage  Send SharonR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi CiCi,
I Do wk ends and thur the Wk. Sometimes when I get a full Month book,Like last Month,
I really have to watch my calendar to see where Im going and What I will be demoing.And Whom I'm working for.
You ask what I demo Its from anything from Gum to Sunblock, to Skincare, Food,drinks,Electronics, etc What ever a store sales.

"Its The Sweet Life"
Dove Chocolatier
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  8:43:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow!
It's picking up a little for me in my area, how about everyone else? I think i am working my way back up the chain, having been "out" of the business for a couple of months or so. Does anyone else besides Donna and I have children? Anything exciting planned for the summer, besides usual shopping and saving gas money? Our third baby will be here the first of August, so I will take another slight "break" for a couple of weeks then.
Take care all!

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

BrandyB75

Vicksburg, MISSISSIPPI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  8:00:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone!!!

I am shopping Southeast Arkansas and Northeast Louisiana. Been shopping since Feburary.

Brandy

Brandy
MSPA Silver Certified
# egrq8j
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  1:40:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brandy~
Welcome to the business! How are you liking it so far? Are you "FT" or "PT".. I just consider myself part time for now.

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

BrandyB75

Vicksburg, MISSISSIPPI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  05:42:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi CiCi,

I am just part time there really is not that much in this neck of the woods. I would love to get into Merchandising but I dont have any experience. I do have my first audit tomorrow that has a bonus and I may pick up 1 or 2 more little things before the end of the month.

Brandy

Brandy
MSPA Silver Certified
# egrq8j
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  1:39:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brandy,
I would like to get into merchandising also, but also lack the eperience. i wonder how one is to gain any experience since they all require that you have experience before applying for an assignment? :)
Anyway, Best of luck to you. You will find the volition web boards to be a VERY resourceful tool.

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

CETillman
Valued Contributor

LA
USA
162 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  11:16:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW! I hadn't realized I have been missing out on these post and didn't realize there were so many shoppers here in AR... I have quit the shopping myself since the pay is so cheap down this way. I first started merchandising by doing endcap displays and went from there. It's really fairly simple if you can read and comprehend the instructions, most of those are pretty self-explanatory. My advice is to learn the lingo(terms used) in merchandising. Sometimes I have so many schedulers(mystery shops and resets) calling me to do work in your neck of the woods(Crossett and Monticello) Brandy it's pitiful and sometimes it's very slow. If you would like, you could email me and let me know more about you and when I have a set down there you could help me out to gain some experience, sometimes I need one more person to help out and I might could get you hired on. I have went to working with a few great companies that keep me busy most of the time and I pretty well set my own days and I am willing to train. I would like to get into demo-ing on the weekends myself because I like to interact with other people and share great products but have not found a company yet to get in with.

Cheryl Tillman
Go to Top of Page

BrandyB75

Vicksburg, MISSISSIPPI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  3:24:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Cheryl,

That sounds great. I dont know how to e-mail you from here I haven't figured all this stuff out yet. If you want you could send me a e-mail.

Brandy

Brandy
MSPA Silver Certified
# egrq8j
Go to Top of Page

CETillman
Valued Contributor

LA
USA
162 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  3:43:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sent you an email through this site, let me know if you get it or not.

Cheryl Tillman
Go to Top of Page

BrandyB75

Vicksburg, MISSISSIPPI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  7:22:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Cici Just wanted to let you know I have gotten into merchandising as an employee . I was contacted earlier in the week they found me on Narms. Are you still wanting to do merchandising? If so I highly recommend Narms I have had about 10 job offers just for merchandising. Any way I am going for some training tomorrow in Crossett

Ok I gotta get my boys in the bed

Brandy

Brandy
MSPA Silver Certified
# egrq8j
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  9:09:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brandy~ Congrats! good luck with the training, let me know how it goes..
I am taking another "break" as baby #3 will make his grand appearance on Thursday. Wish me luck.. I'm gonna need it!

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

BrandyB75

Vicksburg, MISSISSIPPI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  9:19:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cici...

Congrats on the !!! Boy or Girl??

I have 2 boys 6 and 13.

The training was good I suppose with it being the first time I learned alot. I am on my own now but I can call for help anytime I need it.

Good Luck with the little one..........

Brandy

Brandy
MSPA Silver Certified
# egrq8j
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2006 :  12:55:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email from Cici last Sunday. She had a boy and everyone is doing fine. She probably hasn't had time to get on the computer much lately. (I just moved back to TN and have started shopping here.) Happy shopping!

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums