Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  11:25:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! donna-Thanks for the post.
Gavin(baby boy) made his grand appearance Aug 10 at 4:30 pm. He is a healthy 8 lbs, 1 oz and is 22 1/4 inches long!!!!
We are both doing great, and are setteling in at home. I hope to do a few shops next week, but will limit to prob about 3 for whole week.
How are you all doing? Thanks to Cheryl for the kinds words..
take care all!

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

BrandyB75

Vicksburg, MISSISSIPPI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  7:02:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cici, Glad to hear you and baby are doing well. Don't spend too much time away from him they grow up sooooooo fast. Oh yeah be sure you get some rest too..

Cheryl, Thanks... By the way how is your new job going? Keeping you busy?

Brandy

Brandy
MSPA Silver Certified
# egrq8j
Go to Top of Page

RandyB

Lawton, OK
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  11:04:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dot-eee.

We have a thread going over in http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=54260 about the courthouse research jobs. I was wondering if you would share your thoughts on it with us?
Go to Top of Page

Dot-eee

Benton, AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  6:35:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Randy

I followed the link you provided and it took me to a thread about GreetAmerica. I didn't see anything in the thread about courthouse research. Are you sure you gave me the correct link?

Dot-eee

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Central Arkansas - Little Rock, Benton, Bryant, Malvern, North Little Rock and beyond
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  2:01:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brandy~
Hello! yes, they do grow up fast..and right now I am only doing shops that allow him to go along. Trying to find time to rest, but with having two other children, it is near impossible! :)

Cheryl~ what type of new job do you have? Congrats!

Donna~ I sure do miss ya! hope TN is going well for you and your family. How are the kids liking the new school?

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

ShelbyC
Apprentice

North Litttle Rock, Arkansas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  5:05:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all! I am new to the forums and also a new Mystery Shopper. I am really looking forward to starting this part-time to supplement my income (you know...single parent w/ a teenager!) Any help or advice you could give would much be appreciated. To the experts on here...I was wondering, what companies that use Sassie don't usually have shops in Arkansas? Knowing that would help so that I wouldn't have to sign in to all of them and waste time. Also, what do I need to do to get into Merchandising? I would love to be able to do that too!

Thanks in advance for networking on Volition.com
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  9:39:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Cici~ Hi All!
The kids are loving their new school. The boys have had a few bumps...my 7-yr-old got on the "sad face" last week for talking and my 11-yr-old made a low grade on a class assignment...got careless and left some things off, didn't cross a few t's (literally), etc. Nothing too big...just the learning curve, I guess. The boys are playing soccer and enjoying it. I had to have a root canal 2 days ago and am in a lot of pain...I go back for a 2-hour appt. this week. F-U-N!! We're enjoying TN, though. Pray that our house sells...we're switching realtors this Friday, when the current contract is up. We did finally get 1 offer last week, but it was contingent upon the sale of their house. That wasn't going to work...
Hang in there and try to rest as much as possible...even just a few minutes here and there will help.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

Dot-eee

Benton, AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  2:46:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Shelby

Welcome!

I'd love to give you a definitive answer about the Sassie sites, but it changes. When I first started shopping, I made a list of companies who regularly had shops in Arkansas. However, this list is no longer accurate because it seems that many clients change MS companies. Sometimes a MS company will not have any shops in Arkansas for a long time and then suddenly will start having some. So the only suggestion I have is to find the companies that have shops here and then regularly check the others for shops. I actually have rated companies (using my Roboform) from 1 to 6. The 1's are the companies I check often and the 6's are the ones I check occasionally. When a 6 starts having shops in AR, I move them to another category. Likewise, when a 1 or 2 stops having lots of shops, they are moved closer to a 6. That's just my own little system.

I'm actually not doing much shopping these days because of the low pay and the high cost of gasoline. I prefer my 2 merchandising jobs ($14/hr) and courthouse research ($25/hr). I'm also opening my own business in October (not MS related), so don't have much time for much else. When MS pay goes up, I will probably do more, but I flatly refuse to do any shops for less than $10 plus expenses - even if they are next door to me. And if I have to drive any distance, the price goes up. I don't even do phone shops for less than $7. After I had been shopping for a while, I started figuring out my hourly rate of pay considering ALL my time spent on a shop (printing, reading the instructions, drive time, shop time, reporting time) as well as my expenses (gas, ink, paper). I refuse to work for $3 an hour so the current low pay just doesn't cut it for me.

Good luck in your endeavor. What part of Arkansas are you shopping?

Dot-eee

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Central Arkansas - Little Rock, Benton, Bryant, Malvern, North Little Rock and beyond
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  07:56:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shelby~ Welcome! You will find the volition site very helpful and informative!The people that you will find on the boards are very willing to help you along.. we were all new at some point~~:) I have been shopping for a little over a year now, and still learn quite a bit here. How are you liking Ms'ing so far? What part of Arkansas are you in?

Donna~ I'm glad to hear from you! MiKayla got an "orange card" last week for talking in class, and Kolbe was in trouble in his class for yelling in the bathroom....but overall, I would say the first week of school went very well. The baby is doing great, we went for a mile walk today!! Trying to get rest when I can, but don't seem to be getting enough..:)Well, Gavin seems to be waking for his 10 am feeding, gotta run!

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

ShelbyC
Apprentice

North Litttle Rock, Arkansas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  3:47:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, CiCi and Dot-eee for the warm welcome. Actually, I've had my certificate for quite sometime and have been registered on some sites. I just had not ever jumped in there. I am going on my first shop tomorrow and I am excited and nervous. Hoping I won't forget everything I am supposed to do and ask. I'd be too obvious if I walked in with a list...lol! I'm sure the first couple of shops will be the most nerve racking, but after that I know it will be fun. I'll be sure to post tomorrow night after I'm finished. It will be therapeutic to be able to tell someone how it went.

I'd really like to get into merchandising if I could do it after 5 and on Saturdays. It seems like the rate of pay is better.

Thanks again.

Shelby C.
NLR, AR
Silver #8ESCXI
Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  12:55:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shelby~
Congrats on your first shop! How did it go? I was SO nervous my first time too, but it gets easier as you go along.You will find a lot of great tips here on how to remember, how to take notes and not get caught, etc..
You are in NLR? You aren't too far from me! There are some fun shops in your area, you will have no problem staying busy! :)
Take care,
CC

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

RandyB

Lawton, OK
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  09:13:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dot-eee,

You are right, I pasted the incorrect link, sorry.

Here is the right link: http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=54260

And, it is the company you mentioned that is offering these jobs now.

Thanks,

rr

quote:
Originally posted by Dot-eee

Hi Randy

I followed the link you provided and it took me to a thread about GreetAmerica. I didn't see anything in the thread about courthouse research. Are you sure you gave me the correct link?

Dot-eee

Go to Top of Page

Cici
Contributor

Cabot, Arkansas
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  1:39:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello again everyone!
Gavin (the newest baby) is growing SO much. I haven't done many shops since my last post, and am staying mostly in my imediate area. How is everyone else doing?
Donna, do you still look at the AR site? If so, know that I am thinking of you, and wishing you the best. Has your house in AR sold yet?
Shelby,
How's the shopping going?

Cecilia Cunningham
Professional Shopper
Silver certified #hefbqf
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  08:40:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Cici! As you can see, I check the AR board every so often to see what you guys are up to. No, our house still hasn't sold! Two payments and two sets of utilities each month is getting really old fast!! We've had several showings this week, though. We're offering a $2500 incentive for closing costs or carpet, maybe that will help.

I've been shopping a lot lately, staying really busy. I'm in a college town, so I've started doing credit card table audits. Those are nice.

Better run...I have three shops to enter and another to do. Kiss Gavin for me!
Donna

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

DougGreen
Apprentice

Johnson, AR
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  10:20:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
live in Johnson by the NWA Mall in Fayetteville. Silver Cert
When is the next Gold Cert day near us, missed Little Rock in November dougreen1 and arshopper

Doug Green
Go to Top of Page

Amanda B
Apprentice

SUGAR GROVE, West Virginia
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2006 :  07:14:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to say hi. I have only been "shopping" for about a month, but i must say i really am enjoying it.

Amanda B
Silver Cert
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  7:02:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! I just wanted to tell everyone Merry Christmas from one former Arkansan. Hope your holidays are wonderful!

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  3:43:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I need some help. I am moving to Little Rock Arkansas in February and I am wondering if anyone knows which demonstrator compaines are out there. Do you all know if there is a lot of work out there for demonstrators. Maybe you have some company names or emails so I can get started signing up.
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  9:49:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good luck on the move! What brings you to Little Rock? Job, family, military? I'm afraid I can't help you with demos, I haven't done those. (I'm from Arkansas but moved to TN in August.) I wish you the best!

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums