Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ruthie777
Trainee

Benton, LA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  2:33:03 PM  Visit Ruthie777's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
All the things you are looking for are found here in a small town called "Benton" in Louisiana. Since we are in the Northeast par of state Hurricanes play out before hit this area. Safety is what I love about this area, plenty of acreage, and it's spiritual and friendly. Nevr in a million yrs would I have imagined living here.

I grew up partly in a town 15 miles from here, and hated it. After graduation from high school feeling I was going to "live the dream life" but it became so exhausting, costly, cold, dangerous and Jesus led me here. I'm being taught the Holy Bible, in a church for the first time not ashamed to invite people. Also, we have young people that told me they are from Miami, and other exciting places. I asked the why are they here. The said because of the "fellowship and teaching" in the church. My daughter is 25, here place to go to is Miami. I do not feel she can handle it. She's a loner and I know that is not good in popular cities. People watch single females with few visitors.

You are right to look for some place safe and Benton is safe. Because police presence is so constant. If anyone does anything here, they must be trying to get arrested. I live in Ohio and the crime rate there became the 2nd murder rate in the US. My degree is in Criminal Justice, I know crime and thank God he allowed me to be able to go to the store, work, travel with out watching my back every minute. I'mm still cautious though, I was a victim long yrs ago. That's why I'm so protected of other females.
The climate here is "hot, hot" in summer and last winter we had 2 days of really cold weather. My daughter loves the weather here. She hates any insects but outside is there territory. As for houses they have a variety of prices but lots of jobs to make up for it. With your field IT there is work galore.
We have horse racetrack, riverboat gambling, the Boardwalk has lots of name branded clothing and etc outlets, there 's so much to do.

Ruthie Jones
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Please take this quick survey about Volition.com
Click here for the survey.

Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums