Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

CindyCBarnes333
Apprentice

Vancouver, WA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  09:42:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody in the Vancouver, WA area mystery shopping? I have been shopping for one year. Would love to chat!

Cindy B.
Vancouver, WA
MSPA Gold #rzxmy0

MariaGoff
Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  07:33:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Washington does not seem to be very popular. I am in Tacoma area.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Catherine J. McDowell
Apprentice

Auburn, WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  10:56:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am in Federal Way/Auburn. WA may not be very popular but the shops sure get snapped up in a hurry! I am just beginning my second month. It is like having a new job trying to learn how to do this. Do you absolutely love doing this? Will I ever get there?

Catherine J. McDowell
Go to Top of Page

MariaGoff
Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  10:15:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do like shopping. I have found that I like revealed audits and merchandising work better. Yes, the longer you work at it and the longer you submit quality work, the better it gets. Just remeber to keep good records of who you sign with and all of the work you do.

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Janice-WA

Tri-Cities, WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  12:21:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi CC, Maria, and Catherine,

I live in the Tri-Cities, no where near any of you; talk about being alone. CC, did you go to the Portland Gold? I was there; I'm wondering if I met you. If anyone would like to chat you might find them in the chat area. I now show up most days. Catherine, I gather it just takes patience and practice, and of course signing up with many companies; most shoppers that do this full time are signed up with a minimum of 100 companies; check Volition's Companies List for a place to start. Also, sometimes it could help to take a company's bonused desperate shops, even if not neccessarily next door, to get your foot in the door. Are you at least silver certified? Being certified is more necessary in larger populated areas where there are more shoppers, and you haven't had a chance to prove yourself, or it will be slower going. Some companies use the certified shoppers 1st (of course there are also the tried and true reliable shoppers and there are some in your area--Hi Julie). From what I can tell, at least Washington isn't one of the overly saturated markets; so there is hope. If you like MSing, just hang in there, be responsible and reliable, and things will pick up and get better.

Good luck to all,

Janice

Janice
MSPA Gold Certified pnsyad
Shopping Tri-Cities, WA and vicinities (Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland), with occassional trips to Rochester, WA (Olympia, and Centralia).
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  11:18:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all..........I am in Tacoma!!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
Valued Contributor

MD
USA
136 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  01:00:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in Seattle. Hope to move into a small town in Maryland this year.
Go to Top of Page

.Jaquie
Inactive

Vancouver, WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  2:04:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Hey there!

I am new to shopping, but I do live in the Vancouver area. It's good to see there is at least one other shopper there! I would love to chat!

MSPA Silver Certificate Holder Since May '05
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  10:29:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in Redmond.

I started a post like this a few months ago and when no one answered I thought I was all alone here. So I deleted the post. Then I received a couple of emails from others in the area. And now we network. I wish more lived closed this way; there are those meals for two that I just can't go alone on. Hubby works nights Thursday and Friday and those are the days I some times need a meal buddy.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

BJDietz

Spokane, WA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  08:44:52 AM  Send BJDietz an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see most of us so far are on the west side of the state. :) I am in the Spokane,Coeur d' Alene area.

Bobbi Jo spokane MSPA Silver Certified: Remember Every member interaction is an opportunity to provide world-class customer service! ^_^
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1883 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2005 :  12:26:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm on the West Sound, where pickups with rifle racks and big dogs in the back are still the norm ;-)

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

RHelland
Trainee

Yelm, WA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2005 :  7:30:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi I am from the Olympia area. I just started MSing about 4 months ago and love it!! I would love to get a network going with some of ya'll out there as I am hoping that MSing and merchandising can suppliment my current salar

Reby - shopping the I-5 corridor in Western WA
Go to Top of Page

DeborahW
Star Contributor

Bellevue, WA
USA
779 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  09:33:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey, Stephanie, I wondered what happened to that post! I kept thinking I needed to go back and reply to it, but I couldn't find it.

I'm in North Bend, but I shop mainly Bellevue, Issaquah and some downtown Seattle.

MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in hotel, restaurant and bar shops in Seattle and the Eastside since 2004
Go to Top of Page

BJDietz

Spokane, WA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2005 :  07:16:13 AM  Send BJDietz an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know there are more shoppers in this area then me because I see the jobs disappear lol
I would be Interested in what companies everyone has signed up for. I have found almost ½ the ones I signed up with don’t have jobs in my area So am always looking !

Bobbi Jo spokane MSPA Silver Certified: Remember Every member interaction is an opportunity to provide world-class customer service! ^_^
Go to Top of Page

Joanne652
Apprentice

Auburn, WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  6:00:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi. I'm Joanne from Auburn, WA (Between Seattle and Tacoma). I've been MSing about 6 weeks now and find it challenging, but fun too. I'm having a heck of a time keeping track of all the paperwork though! any tips? TIA

Joanne
Go to Top of Page

DeborahW
Star Contributor

Bellevue, WA
USA
779 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2005 :  08:08:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I print out all my paperwork as soon as I receive my shop. Then I file it under "Jobs to Do" in chronological order. When I'm ready to shop, I just pull my paperwork and go. After I'm done, I file it again under company name, along with receipts or whatever.

I also have a database file that I wrote myself where I keep track of what I have been paid for, when I submitted receipts, mileage, etc. I enter the shop as soon as I receive it and update it as necessary.

One or two companies I shop for require you to check the website a day or so before the shop to be sure nothing has changed, so those I check again, but most don't. Another reason to print right away is you never can tell when the site or your computer will be down just when it's time to shop!

MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in hotel, restaurant and bar shops in Seattle and the Eastside since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Angie The Shopper
Apprentice

Vancouver, WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  09:39:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been shopping here in Vancouver for a few years and am enjoying it a lot.

Angie
Go to Top of Page

Linda M
Trainee

Bonney Lake, Washington
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  5:49:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, This mystery shopping thing is really fun. I have been at it for only 3 months. I live in the Bonney Lake/Sumner area and shop mainly Sumner, Bonney Lake, Milton and Auburn and Puyallup. I would love to meet other Mystery Shoppers.

Have a grest day, Linda
Go to Top of Page

GVargas
Valued Contributor

WA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  09:48:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm up in Redmond too -- hello, Stephanie! I'd join you on those meals for two, but I have a feeling my wife might not approve...
Go to Top of Page

Larry

Sequim, WA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  4:42:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello-I've been enjoying shopping the North Olympic Peninsula (etc.) for 8-plus years. Any other NOP shoppers on here?

Larry - Silver Certified shopping on North Olympic Peninsula of WA.
Go to Top of Page

England
Apprentice

Olympia, WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  4:27:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Washington Shoppers. I'm in Olympia and would love to network with some of you. I sometimes get so busy, I would love to be able to pass on some leads or a scheduler's name.
Julie

Julie E England
# blftyj
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums