Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Lisa Dittmore
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  7:35:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, hope all is well. I am very new to this and trying to get some extra income in the home, we have a new mouth to feed in the house I now have my 5 year old grandson and I have been ill off and on with MS, so any income I can get would be great and any advice to help me out would be really great. Thanks everyone any words of wisdom. Lisa

Lisa Dittmore
Go to Top of Page

Debyt
Apprentice

Bothell, Wa
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  1:32:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am in Bothell and haven't done any mystery shops yet, although I am signed up and have had a few offers. I am put off by the Independent contractor licenses that you need for each area you would shop and the extra tax paperwork it seems you would have to do. I thought you could just sign up and take the money. Is it as complicated as it seems
Go to Top of Page

Deb_H
Apprentice

Spokane, WA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  01:52:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in the Spokane area

Debbie H.
Spokane, WA
MSPA Silver Certified #yblt1b
Go to Top of Page

.Erin Steffanie Peterson
Inactive

Seattle, WA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  02:33:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Deby,

I'm glad to see another person in Bothell. Very cool!

MSing isn't as complicated as it seems, as long as you develop a good accounting system. There's a good form on this site, actually. Taxes aren't that hard for me, but I've been doing business taxes for years, so that could easily be why. The IRS website has all of the forms you need and it's pretty straightforward. It's a little extra work, but it can be worth it.

Steffanie
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

ErinM
Apprentice

Blaine, Washington
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  12:50:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone =)

I am a new shopper based up in the northwest, around Bellingham. Trying to find more companies to sign up with as there seem to be limited shopping opportunities up here so far. I am growing weary of cellular shops! =P

I am finding a lot of the shops locally are fairly low paying, and I would have to travel at least 45 miles one way to get more decent shops. I keep telling my dh we need to move closer to Seattle so I can find more work =) So far he isn't falling for it!

-Erin

-Erin
shopping northwest Washington
Go to Top of Page

Deb_H
Apprentice

Spokane, WA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  8:53:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm in the Spokane, WA area and I would like to find more companies that offer Mystery Shopping, Theatre Checks, Audits, and Merchandising.

Debbie H.
Spokane, WA
MSPA Silver Certified #yblt1b
Go to Top of Page

.Edward E. Caldwell
Inactive

Vancouver, WA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  5:47:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello from Vancouver been doing this for about a year and still trying to get it right.Willing to chat bout MSing

Edward E. Caldwell
Go to Top of Page

KLynnD

Monroe, WA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  09:59:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello from Monroe.

I'm a stay at home mom trying to MS part time as supplemental income. I'm always on the look out for shops that permit children, or time away from the kids to perform shops.

I stick pretty close to home for assignments because of gas prices.

I have even tried light merchandising and can't wait to have more time to commit to the less covert assignments. Like the predictability but it has often worked out to less pay per hour. So I continue MS, but become selective in the assignments I accept.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  5:05:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in the Vancouver area, but prefer merchandising over mystery shopping. If anyone wants to chat, let me know!

Melissa

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

JudithGAnderson
Apprentice

Vancouver, Washington
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  5:12:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
First post on Volition.
Not a mystery shopper, but I've been doing sampling/demos for a year now in Vancouver. Getting a little tired of dealing with my scheduler and am looking around for a different company or other work.

Judith
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  10:32:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KathyT from Toledo,

Hi, are you still mystery shopping? I started in January of this year. I'm close to you...I live in Ethel. I was told we would have Subway shops by one scheduler, but they must go fast in this area because when they came out I didn't see any.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Donna Quinn
Apprentice

Walla Walla, WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  4:08:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am in Walla Walla. I just started this suummer, and have completed several mystery shops, some revealed, and now two merchandising. I really like the merchadising. Some of the mystery shops didn't seem worth the time and expense involved. I know I need to get my foot in the door, tho.

Donna Maiden
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  6:38:33 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome,make sure to join in on the other threads as well. I have never heard of Walla Walla, where is that located?

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  4:10:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't mystery shop anymore, but I am doing merchandising. If anyone wants to network either MS or Merch feel free to email me.
I work for several companies as an IC.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  11:29:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HelloHelloare there any Washingtonians out there?I know somebody is snagging up some jobs between Olympia and Vancouver besides me. We should get actively chatting on here.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

PronoiacLinda
Trainee

Seattle, WA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  09:40:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I'm in Seattle. I live in Ballard but I service all over, mostly downtown, but also all the way south to Puyallup and east to Redmond. I often have projects to share or work to refer, so I'd love to hear from some of you out there and would enjoy networking. I do much more merchandising than mystery shopping at this point. Been doing it, here now, before in Santa Fe, since 2005. Most of my work has come through NARMS, but I just spotted a great project here on Volition.
In the meantime, I'd like to know what difference, if any, Silver and Gold certification has made to the quality of the jobs you're offered and to your pay rates.
Pronoiacally yours,
Linda

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Jessie D-P
Apprentice

Federal Way, WA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  10:47:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Washingtonians! I am in Federal Way, and enjoy doing shops from Oly to Sea-Town. I will try anything once! I've only been at it 4 months so far, and I feel I'm getting the hang of it. July was my first $1000 month! Would love to share notes and chat with WA'ers! Good luck and good shopping.

Jessie D-P
jjwineaux
Go to Top of Page

DarkWingDave

Bremerton, WA
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  8:07:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings all! I'm Dave Clark working in SW WA. I've been shopping for almost 3 yrs now and just wanted to say to the rest of my colleagues in the Evergreen state.

Dave
Silver certified shopping WA and OR.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy_WA

Washington
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2011 :  2:04:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi All, I'm in Graham, been reading and thinking about mystery shopping since '09 and finally was able to take the plunge since Feb. this year. Being a newbie, doesn't seem to be a whole lot coming my way yet, and have to pick and choose distance (gas prices), but have done a whole 5 shops successfully. Yay!
Go to Top of Page

MHalbrook

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2011 :  12:27:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another one in 'The Couve', at least for now. Wife just found out she can telecommute for all but the last week of the month, so my job search has expanded north and east from here, God only knows where we'll be in the next few months. :)

Michael
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums