Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

KatDunn
Apprentice

Moline, IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  9:25:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi there Illinois! I'm in Moline, IL which is the Quad Cities, USA. I'm about 2 1/2 hours southwest of Chicago next to Davenport, IA. I have been mystery shopping for two years and love it! Anyone out there from Rockford? I always see tons of shops for that area - isn't anybody up there?

Happy Shopping!

Kat Dunn
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MariL
Apprentice

Rockford, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  11:32:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am from the Rockford area and have just started MSing about 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it. I just took the silver certification test today and received it and am looking forward to more shops. Where (or which companies) have shops in Rockford. I am signed up at 10 different companines but have not seen many shops in the Rockford area. Any help would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Denise Star
Apprentice

Chicago, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  12:42:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi peeps! Happy early Easter!! I'm here in Chicago on the south-west side & I've been a merchandiser for a little over 3 years and a mystery shopper on and off for about 8 years. I'm doing less than 1 mystery shop per month now because I've been busy with merchandising & promotions.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  9:01:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all! I am in Deer Creek so I can work Peoria, Bloomington/Normal area. Just checking to see if there was anyone close to me. Would love to meet other people in my area.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

IcyHarris

Lilburn, GA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  4:33:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was born and raised in Chicago and raised my nine year old daughter here but now I'm leaving you good people to move down south to the Atlanta, Georgia area. There are more Chicago shop opportunities than I could handle doing! I'll miss that. Good luck, everyone, and if anyone wants to keep in touch to keep me apprised of the goings on in the midwest and Daleyville, that'd be cool!

Imogene Harris

Follow me on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Twitter (icyharris)
Go to Top of Page

IllinoisSara
Apprentice

Countryside, IL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  09:09:55 AM  Send IllinoisSara an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in Countryside, west burbs of Chicago. I shop anywhere from Lansing to Schaumburg.

Sara
Recently moved back to Illinois in the SouthWest Burbs. Shopping all areas around.
Go to Top of Page

Warren

Illinois
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  9:42:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello to all from St. Clair County (St. Louis area). I've been MSing for about a year and BSing a whole lot longer. Actually, most of my assignments are of the auditing variety. I've recently begun pursuing the whole merchandising thing, so we'll see how that goes. Anyhow, take care and happy shopping.

Warren
Go to Top of Page

Missy Diaz
Apprentice

Des Plaines, IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  4:25:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Born and raised in Chicago, right now though i live in Des Plaines with a roommate and my three cats.

I've been mystery shopping for over a year now and mostly do "The Golden Arches" through GapBuster. I like gapbuster and the pay recently went up abit, but the paperwork sometimes is annoying especially the time recording part of it. I've also done Chipotle a few times.

Basically i do shops whenever i want to go to McDonalds. lol.

Missy
Go to Top of Page

SherryDG
Star Contributor

Chicago Burbs, IL
USA
365 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  01:21:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm about 20 minutes SW of the Chicago-Loop Only been MS'g for about a month and I love it!! My "for really" job is at night and I work from home so I have plenty of daytime hours to hit the road.

Hope I stay this positive about it in another month!

My daughter is in La Grange Park,IL and she has been doing it for about a year-she likes the restaurants and the concerts...I'd quit tomorrow if I had to do a concert..LOL

Glad to find Volition and happy to see so many neighbors out there
Good luck to us all

SherryDG
MSPA Silver
Happily shopping the Chicagoland area
Go to Top of Page

MichelleKincaid
Apprentice

Peotone, Illinois
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  12:16:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Hello!! I wanted to say Hello to all. Also a newbie I started Msing in June and I am from Peotone. Which is south of the city (Chicago). Oh I think it is about 45 minutes depending on traffic. hehe

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

TimW
Apprentice

Rockford, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  3:37:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,
I live in the Rockford area and am trying to find companies that have shops in the area. Do any of you know what companies have shops in the area?
Thanks,
Tim

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin
Go to Top of Page

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  4:34:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Been doing this a month and love it, even have my hubby starting to enjoy it. I am in Galesburg which is west of Peoria about 45 minutes. I have done a couple shop in Peoria and Davenport, mostly small towns around home, I have a full time job on top of this.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  11:41:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, I live overseas about 90% of the time but the other 10% I live in Schaumburg. How far I shop is dependent on how long I'll be around. I was there for 10 days in June and did 40 shops. I was amazed - and a bit saddened - to see the change in areas where I went horseback riding as a child. Randall Road must be the longest strip mall in the world. :-)

I'll be there 8 days at the end of October and am lining up shops now. I believe Shop'n Chek frequently has Rockford shops - someone was asking about those.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003
Go to Top of Page

CPaschaBrooks
Apprentice

Effingham, Illinois
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  7:51:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too live in Effingham, I have to say though that I have about 50 companies that I shop for and shops around here are not very plentiful.

Pascha
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  9:42:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in Kankakee County. I've just started MSing in the past month and am signed up for about 7 companies, I think. Got my first payment last week and I was very excited. The only drawback is I have to travel for most shops, 'cause there isn't a whole lot around here. I'm going to work on clumping several shops together so I can hit an area for the day.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

Heather86
Star Contributor

Bourbonnais (S. of Chicago), IL
USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  3:35:46 PM  Visit Heather86's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Karen! Good thing I am cutting back on MS. I hate competition. There are several companies that call me begging for me to do this and that and making promises of grander shops, but I am tired and taking a break.

We should talk and I can give you company names. Who knows maybe I'll even get a referal bonus!
Go to Top of Page

Karen in IL
Valued Contributor

Kankakee, IL
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2006 :  6:58:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd hate to compete! I'm not looking to do tons of shops, so there's probably plenty of room for both of us! We should talk companies...I'm signed up with about 7 places now, but none of them seem to have a lot of shops around here.

karen

Gold Certified
Shopping Kankakee and surrounding counties
Go to Top of Page

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2006 :  11:00:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm in Galesburg about 45 minutes from Peoria and Quad cities, I'll travel up to 45 miles to work if more then a couple jobs are offered in an areaa.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Kathy Spree
Contributor

Willowbrook, IL
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  9:09:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm in the Western Suburbs. Just started MS a few months ago. Tried a few surveys, but did not do well at that. Love Volition. I haved learned a lot.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

MysteryMaryBeth
Trainee

Chicago, IL
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  8:00:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

I just moved to the Chicago area. I'm living in the Lincoln Park area and working my full-time job in the loop.

I've just begun shopping again (I used to shop back when I was in college), and am still cutting my teeth a bit.

I'm hoping to earn enough to make extra payments on my credit cards and essentially shop away the debt.

I'd love to talk shops with those of you who have been shopping Chicagoland.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping: Chicago - downtown and near-north nieghborhooods.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums