Page: of 3

KarenCan
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  9:11:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary Beth,

I'm Karen I'm from Chicago, I have been shopping for a couple of years now.

I live on and shop the south side and the south suburbs. Had recently slowed down on my shopping.

But will be picking up more shops. I just bought a new car and the gas prices is steadily rising, so I can use the extra money.

Here to talk if you like.

Karen Canada

Shopping-Chicago, IL
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MRueger
Apprentice

New Lenox, IL
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  4:13:00 PM  Send MRueger an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello from New Lenox! Previous merchandiser and market coordinator with NMS and Acosta. Seeking work in my area.
Go to Top of Page

Jason Petersen
Star Contributor

Dyer, Indiana
USA
413 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  10:51:23 AM  Send Jason Petersen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone...I had done mystery shopping years ago as extra cash in college and stopped once I began working full time...Started back up again last November and now do anywhere from 150-200 shops a month in NW Indiana, downtown Chicago (loop area) and the South East burbs, Lansing, Cal City, South Holland, Etc...

Look forward to talking to everyone.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping NW Indiana, Chicago's SouthEast Suburbs and Downtown Chicago
Go to Top of Page

Candylea
Apprentice

Goodfield, IL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  8:38:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live between Bloomington and Peoria ILL. I am just starting out and haven't even done my first shop yet. I am looking for someone who can help me out in getting started and learning how to be a good shopper.

thanks,

Candylea

Candylea
Go to Top of Page

Tania
Apprentice

Evanston, IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2007 :  10:03:03 PM  Send Tania an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello-

I live in Evanston. Just moved back to Illinois. I mostly shop in or around Evanston.I'm not a beginner nor an advanced shopper....
Go to Top of Page

DianaKreider
Apprentice

Milan, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2007 :  2:08:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Hi all,

I'm from Milan, IL just outside of the Quad City area. I've been MSing and some merchandising. It's been a great thing in my life as I had 3 spinal surgeries last year and I didn't think I'd be able to find a job that has the variety and flexibility that this does.

I'm very greatful
Diana
Go to Top of Page

AmyLM
Apprentice

Lombard, Illinois
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  7:35:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HI - I am from Lombard. I have done Secret shopping and merchandising on and off for years. I am just starting to get back in to doing them again. I would love to network with others too.

Amy
Go to Top of Page

Kathy Spree
Contributor

Willowbrook, IL
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  11:31:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm Kathy from Willowbrook, done MS and no longer do them for the small pay. Would like to do some merchandising. Any help or commets would be appreciated. Thanks

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ElizaSchult
Apprentice

Rockford, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  05:49:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am from Rockford, IL. WOuld like more merchandising. Any suggestions on good companies. Thanks

Eliza
Go to Top of Page

ShopperShel

Round Lake, IL
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  12:53:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey all, Shelley here - I am in the far NW suburbs of Chicago, mostly shop in Lake and McHenry counties....I've been shopping for 3 years or so.

I actively shop for about 5 different companies but I am registered with at least 25. I do about 20 shops a month, I'd guess....

ShopperShel - Gold Certified and shopping all over the Chicago/Milwaukee Metro area!
Go to Top of Page

SJeanine
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  03:30:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi from Geneseo, IL here! I work for a company doing p/t merchandising but still dabble in mystery shopping once in awhile. I started mystery shopping a few years ago but never found anywhere that was worth my while (money-wise) so have really slowed down now at it. With the price of gas, I wonder how any of you can do it and come out ahead? I was happy to find several names in Moline and Milan! I feel so alone in this at times!

SJeanine
Go to Top of Page

Roman Segal
Apprentice

Vernon Hills, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  4:14:30 PM  Send Roman Segal an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am currently a Integrity Investigator in Lake County IL, been shopping for couple years and am gold Certifited. Just wanted to say hi to anyone thats likes to network.

Roman Segal
Integrity Investigator
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  7:55:14 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just found this forum thanks to a posting on another forum I'm on....

I've been doing the MS thing since this past summer only really with one company but signed up with 5....I may try and diversify a little after the holidays and see what comes up....

I live on the far South Side of Chicago so I like to do shops basically from downtown on south and into NW Indiana...also will go into the Southwest Suburbs as well....

Has any of the Chicagoland folks ever met to network and trade tips/stories as well as which companies are good for our hobbuy/pastime/2nd job?

Mike P

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

Roman Segal
Apprentice

Vernon Hills, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  4:12:22 PM  Send Roman Segal an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Shel and fellow shoppers, I am located in Vernon Hill IL and been shopping for several years. If one reads many books on Mystery shopping and goes to conferances, they will know to regerster with as many companies as you can to get a steady flow of shop offers. I am registerd with over 100 companies and do about 45 shops per month. When Its slow I take care of some administrative stuff and look for more companies to sign up with. Happy Shopping

Roman Segal
Gold Certified, MSPA
Integrity Investigator

Roman Segal
Integrity Investigator
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  11:29:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I was just wondering how many of you are still working in this area. I'm in the Chicago 'burbs and have done some merchandising, mystery shopping and auditing. How about you?

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  11:32:29 AM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandiA

Hi! I was just wondering how many of you are still working in this area. I'm in the Chicago 'burbs and have done some merchandising, mystery shopping and auditing. How about you?

I am in the city (Far South Side to be exact) and have been all over the city, suburbs, and Northwest Indiana...been in the biz since the middle of 2008. Feel free to mail me anytime....

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  11:42:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey, Big Mike! Nice to hear from you!
I remember that you were going to try a big box store (audit?)
a while back--possibly over a year ago. I don't remember what the
issue was, but I've always wondered how that went.

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
336 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2014 :  8:55:49 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if anyone is still around on this forum....still in Chicago and still doing shops...although I haven't done even half as many as I used to.....

Anyway if folks still want to connect on here let me know.....

Go to Top of Page

LaSeei60
Apprentice

Chicago, IL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2014 :  1:35:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello to All!

I figure it I have to have a first post, might as well make it here and say "Hello!" to all the Illinois Shoppers! I just started doing shops in May of this year and I am enjoying it.

I live in the western burbs and shop pretty much anywhere in the Chicagoland area - even did a shop for Fair Oaks Farm in IN.

Have a great week!

Leslie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums