Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

MStokes117

Jefferson City, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  10:24:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if anyone has performed shops for Imyst and how they have gotten them. I have checked the site daily for about 2 months now and have yet to ever see one for my state. Seems it is the topic of conversation and the message board on their site as well. The administrator posts that there will be postings during such and such week, but no one ever sees them for any state. Has anyone had a shop with them???

Thanks!

Mandy Stokes
Gold Certified # t9a6ty
Shopping Jefferson City, Columbia, Osage Beach MO

ShAndrews
Inactive

Inland Empire, California
USA
480 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  10:41:05 AM  Send ShAndrews an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I stopped trying to find a shop with them after several months of checking their website daily, because there wasn't anything in my area.

I'm curious, too, to see who else might have been able to select shops with them.

Shannon R. Andrews
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Inland Empire, Southern California
Go to Top of Page

CarolynRosell
Star Contributor

Vineland, NJ
USA
1417 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  10:45:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have been signed up with them for years. At first I checked a few times a week for jobs and never found any listed in my state. Now I check every few months, just in case, but I would be really surprised if I found anything!

I shop Vineland, Deptford, Mays Landing and Atlantic City, NJ
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

CherylW
Valued Contributor

Riverview, FL
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  10:50:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in Florida and I saw 2 locations posted for a retail store, but I did not request the job. They were too far away for the money offered. That is the only job I've ever seen posted. I stopped looking as well.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

LoriJennings
Star Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  11:49:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been signed up with them for years also. I have seen nothing in my area either. I really don't check the site much anymore.

Lori
Go to Top of Page

JasonAZ

Scottsdale, AZ
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  11:57:51 AM  Send JasonAZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have nothing in Arizona as well.

MPSA Silver Certified: 1jvcyl

ARIZONA: Phoenix, Scottsdale, Flagstaff, Tucson and neighboring cities.
Go to Top of Page

KimHaynes

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  6:32:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shopped one in Branson MO once. Typical Mystery shop, nothing out of the ordinary and I got paid within an acceptable amount of time.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

ShaneinMich
Star Contributor

near Grand Rapids, MI
USA
495 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  6:45:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My very first shop was with Imyst. I was paid twice the regular amount because it was a last minute shop. I received my paycheck within 2 weeks! (Until then I was holding my breath wondering if this mystery shopping thing was a scam ) I would do more with them since they have a lot of shops in Michigan but the rotation is 6 months. . .

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Western Michigan
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  06:28:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to see that SOMEONE is getting work from them . . . because there's nothing up in my area.

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2086 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  4:52:52 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
iMyst has ALOT of shops in Michigan. They don't have shops in all states. But if you do do work for them, the pay is quick, and communication is great. Not to mention, on those Michigan shops, I LOVE the cookies they always offer me. :-)

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

IreneSh in MI

Newport, MI
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  10:46:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After more than 6 months, I saw a job available. I ended up taking three tests to upgrade. I printed out all the instructions, which had my name on them. The last said"By clicking here, I, (then my name), agree to completely and correctly fulfill this contract between...." then it gave the dates of when I could start and when the completion had to be done. There was a submit button, which I hit. The next day I went and did the job. This was for a store that I would not usually shop. The reimbursement was a small amount, not covering the purchase.
I came home and went to write up my report. To my surprise there was nothing under my name. I quickly wrote an e-mail to the address given if there was a problem. I had one day left before the job was due. When I got no call that day or the next, I went to the website. I found a contact e-mail and wrote this out again. There were no phone numbers listed.
After three days with no contact, I went back to thewebsite. I was able to find a toll phone number under the section where a client would go. I was told that they had no listing of me applying for the job. The man said that if I had applyed,I never hit "submit". If I had, I would have gotten a confirmation. He was very unfriendly.
In my over 15 years of doing mystery shopping, I have worked for many different companies.The ones that have you request a job with a submit button let you know if you automatically have the job or if you will need a confirmation. The instructions did not state this. While this was not right, what was worse was the fact that I had sent two e-mails and he did not feel it was important to contact me. I was sure that I hit the submit button. Even if I did not, would it not have been the right thing to let me know? Now I am out the money for the purchase (the store does not give money back, only exchange/credit, the time to do the job, the gas to go there, the toll phone call, and time that could have been spent elsewhere. Gee that was fun.

Irene
Go to Top of Page

KarynPA
Star Contributor

Middletown, PA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  12:44:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done a shop for Imyst! It is the only one I've ever seen in PA. It was a good shop with a fair reimbursement/fee. The form was simple enough and I was paid on time. I check the site on occasion because you just never know when something may pop up!

MSPA Gold n4fxv4 -Shopping South-Central PA
Go to Top of Page

Mick
Valued Contributor

Tualatin, OR
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  2:30:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've given up on IMyst for three reasons. I did one shop for them; reasonable form and pay, but since then - I've not seen any shops posted in my state. And, they don't respond to requests for information in a timely manner. The third reason - I have no problem with their website on my 10-year old Mac, but when I access their site on my newer PC some of their cookies or something have left problems that crash my computer. I've had an expert (dh) spend the extra time to trace the crash back and on 5 (yes 5 - you'd think I'd learn after 2 or 3 - lol) separate occasions, something on the IMyst website has wreaked havoc on my PC. While I liked the form and the pay for that first job back in August, it's not worth the hassle to my system.

Oh well, if they emailed me a shop, I'd still take it.
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  2:49:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a shop for them last month. They paid on time, the directions were clear and I enjoyed the shop. I don't remember what time of the month I discovered the posting...must've been my lucky day.

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2086 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  6:21:32 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still like this company so much. But it's quite hard to find a phone number for them!! I did get a e-mail from them one time with a phone number, and I saved that email, JUST in case! E-mails don't always send. ;-)
Theres always shops here. I dunno any other types of shops that they do, besides whats available in michigan!

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

KathyCA
Contributor

CA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2004 :  11:36:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have conducted 3 assignments with imyst within the last six months. This site is a self assign site. It is truly a hit and miss on finding assignments posted, and it has always been for the same client. I check the site once in a blue moon.....

Kathy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

.StacieC
Inactive

Atlanta, Georgia
USA
71 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  05:51:42 AM  Visit .StacieC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped for IMyst twice although it is rare to find anything in my area. The instructions were clear, the shop was pretty easy and the pay came within about 30 days. Howver, the reimbursement for purchases was a little strange. You had to spend $50 at the store to get reimbursed $15 (not including the shop fee). The less you spend, the less you get reimbursed. It still was not that bad because I needed the item.

MSPA Gold Certified

Stacie Connerty
District Manager
ActionLink
Go to Top of Page

CarolShopsNTX
Valued Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  09:46:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've seen this type of reimbursement as well. I think it's a scam (unless it's something like groceries, where you can spend $50 in a heartbeat) and I won't do these shops anymore, particularly if they have a "do not return merchandise" caveat attached.

Shopping North Texas and sometimes Central Colorado! MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

KarynPA
Star Contributor

Middletown, PA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  2:53:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A "scam"? If I remember correctly, you could choose how much to spend. If you chose to purchase an inexpensive item for the lowest reimbursement amount, you got fully reimbursed for your purchase. If you chose to buy something more expensive, you got more credit towards it's cost up to a certain amount. It sounds like a reasonable deal to me. It's not like they get you to accept the shop with a set reimbursement amount and then you find out there is nothing in the store you can buy without going way over the limit. Anyway...I'd still work for Imyst again anytime.

MSPA Gold n4fxv4 -Shopping South-Central PA
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2086 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2004 :  9:30:33 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
That sounds strange to me..I only see what I call them cookie shops..cuz I get free cookies while I'm there talking to them. :-) No purchased required..and all you can eat free cookies..yay..lol. Now if only they'd get milk there..

Go to Top of Page

LynnieB
Valued Contributor

Seneca, SC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2004 :  8:19:00 PM  Send LynnieB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 2 shops for them this month. The shops were fun and a fair reimbursement. Will shop these anytime!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums