GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  06:41:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bonnie,
Register, register, register.....
There is a list on the MSPA website. I know I spent the better part of each day for awhile simply registering with organizations. Responses were slow at first. It can be frustrating yet, you keep trying...they will come.

You can also pick up on posting on this website so keep your eyes peeled. I will start keeping track of where I see listing for Tulsa too.

Mindy
MSPA Gold Certified

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Donna P

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  3:38:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Mindy,

Just wanted you to know that since my last post, I've been getting more and more assignments from companies I registered with two months ago, so you are right on. Also, the more shops I do for a company, the more offers I get from them.
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  3:54:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's great news. You will discover that you can branch out into merchandising also once you get a good handle on the shops. We could all share the company information of those we each are registered with if you like. Need to get more people from our neck of the woods to participate though, don't you think?

Mindy
MSPA Gold Certified

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Donna P

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  4:19:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't do a lot of shops, maybe three a week, because I fit them in around my part time work as an inventory auditor. This job takes me all over the city, so I've been picking up shops I can do after work and then report the same day. I used to find more work when I had time to check the job boards, but three assignments a week is plenty for me. I also won't do a shop if it's less than $10. Shop'nCheck, DSG, CheckMark, FirstPoint/Customer 1st, RoperNOP and Intelliserve all have jobs in Oklahoma. I've seen lots of assignments available in Bartlesville on the Yahoo groups message boards if anyone's interested.
Go to Top of Page

JanetOKC
Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  10:00:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been shopping just since October, and I've signed on with over 150 companies. Of course, I've only worked for about 20 of them. But I'm still amazed that I went from not even knowing mystery shopping was "real" to working several times a week. I don't want to work more than 4-5 shops/week, because I have a full-time job and I have a 10-year-old who still needs a mom. But I've been pulling in about $300 a month, which is going towards paying off my crazy credit card debt!

I've discovered a few "dud" companies -- lots of work with minimal pay. I'm also hoping that I'm building some connections with companies which will pay off later. I'm just now starting to see some developments from companies I first contacted a couple of months ago.

I see that there was an OKC gold cert. workshop last summer. My timing is bad! I didn't even know about MSing then! And now, the closest workshop I've seen is in Dallas. Well, I've registered, hoping it will give me a bit more credibility with some companies.

Janet
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  11:45:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Janet,
You are doing well for having been only doing this since October. You have the concept correct too. It takes time to set up a rapport with schedulers and companies. In time you learn which are the better paying ones and treat you well.

That's ashame you missed the gold certification in OK city. My understanding is that it won't be coming this way for quite some time. Did you check the schedule on MSPA? I know there was, or is, a program conducted, or planned, for Fort Smith AR if you are willing to travel there. It's about 4 hrs from Lawton so only 5 from OK city.

Gold certification is definately worth your time. It shows you have dedication and perceive MS as something you do not take lightly.

Persevere and it will pay off. I started in May, 2004 and did not see many shops come my way until I was at least silver certified. I did decent until I received my gold certification. What an improvement all the way around.

Hope everyone has a grand xmas and wishing you all the very best for the coming new year.

Mindy
MSPA Gold Certified

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

JanetOKC
Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  12:03:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm registered for the gold workshop in Dallas in February. I'm planning to stay with my aunt in Richardson, which I'm glad to do since she's quite elderly and is the only living member of that generation of my family.

I'm connecting with several companies that are new to me. One I've started working for is Shoppers, Inc., an Oklahoma-based company. It took me quite a while to hook up with them, even though I registered back in October. I never heard back from registering with them. However, I responded to an "emergency shop" ad on a board in late November, and made in inroad that way. I didn't actually do any work for them until December. But one scheduler is putting me in her regular rotation, and two more schedulers are calling asking if I will do future work for them. The pay is average, but the reports are simple. The schedulers I've spoken with so far are extremely nice! It's kind of fun to know we have an Oklahoma-based shop out there.

Janet
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  11:56:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work with several schedulers at Shoppers Inc. Yes, I agree, they are very nice people and quite understanding to boot. You may want to consider taking on some shops in Dallas while your there. That is definately a business expense! You will discover that you will always encounter new organizations as time moves foward. You did good by accepting the emergency shop. That is one of the best ways to establish a rappor.

You will have fun at the workshop and I'm tickled you are making plans to go. Look forward to hearing about it.

Mindy
MSPA Gold

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  3:23:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How is the new year looking for you Oklahomins? It would be great if we could get more Okies to communicate here and share tricks of the trade.

Any newbies????

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

KMarie
Apprentice

Tulsa, OK
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  6:29:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HI, I live in Tulsa and I'm brand new to shopping. Been doing alot of reading here on the board, which has a wealth of information.
I've registered with 7 companies thus far.
Wish me luck as I still haven't gone on my 1st shop yet, I'm excited and a bit scared all at the same time!
Kathy

Katherine
Just starting out and am soooo ready.
Go to Top of Page

JohnWMcDill

Independence, KS
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  6:15:11 PM  Send JohnWMcDill an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not in OK technically, but I do shop the Bartlesville and Dewey area.

I am down there about once a week it seems doing something. Either MSing, eating out, taking the kids to their doctor, or shopping.

Shopping Independence, Coffeyville, Cherryvale, Caney, Neodesha, Parsons (all in KS). Also, Dewey & Bartlesville,OK. Also looking for merchandising , auditing(digital and non) in these areas.
Go to Top of Page

JanetOKC
Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  8:24:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi John! "Welcome" in your ventures into the Sooner State!

Hi Kathy! I started with phone shops in October. Even those made me nervous at first! My first on-site shop was early November, and I was VERY nervous. But it was a great confidence-builder. And every week, I'm gaining experience with new types of shops and getting more confident.

Have you found time to apply to more companies? The more you get your information out there, the greater chance you'll get offers. Shop'n Chek and also Check Mark are self-assign, which is really nice for newbies. Just read all the information before you commit to a shop, to make sure you can do it and do it on time. As our mommas said, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression." You want companies to be happy with your work right from the start.

I got MSPA silver certification right off the bat, just to show companies that I was serious. (I was hoping that would off-set my lack of experience just a tiny bit.) I would recommend that to you, too. It's a worthwhile $15 investment, in my opinion. New shoppers are apparently "a dime a dozen," and few of them last. So anything that can set you apart could help schedulers take you more seriously.

Let us know how it goes!

Janet
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  06:26:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are sooooooo right. Unfortunately, there are times when Murphy decides to throw a kink into the works like computer troubles and the like.

That's great you are going for the gold in February. You will find that better paying assignments will head your way soon, if not already from the sounds of your enthusiasm.

Seems you are learning quickly as that should be an every day event. There is always room for improvement, myself included....lol.

Keep sharing.......that's great!!!

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Alieda
Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  12:31:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, you all

I have be in Tulsa for two months and am having trouble gettting started in this area. I have five years of merchanding and demos experience for two other states. IF someone would be willing to order some help in getting started in this area. I would be grateful. I would also be glad just to talk with and get to know other merchanders.
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  05:31:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Alieda
You may want to consider doing some MS until you get settled in. The merchandising companies covering the area that you came from may also have assignments in Tulsa or have sister companies that do. I would be happy to refer you to some merchandising companies that I work with. Just let me know.

Hope this helps some.
Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

TheresaMBaker
Valued Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  7:29:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I am BACK in Tulsa!!! It's funny, I sorta missed this place. It has become home for me. (Born and raised in TN). I don't know how to work this around all my other responzibilities, but that's because when I did it before I was prego and now my child is 18 months. He's busy, so I am VERY busy. THere's more reasons, but I think I am going to stick to weekend shops and "fun" shops (bowling, restaurants, movies, etc.)
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  05:45:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings TMBaker
Don't know where you have been and for how long.....welcome back though.

Perhaps you can hook up with Alieda and the two of you can help each other out with leads?!

How's it going for everyone else?
Mindy

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  06:50:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Oklahoman's!
It would be great if constant communication and sharing could be established between Okies so we all can benefit from the knowledge, experience and notifications. How 'bout it?

Mindy
MSPA GOLD

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

SherryY

Loco, OK
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  07:57:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi I am from Loco, Oklahoma enjoy reading post from other oklahomans
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  11:47:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings Sherry and welcome!
It appears you are new at this judging from the information posted. Where is Loco and what have you been able to secure thusfar?

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums