Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

SherryY

Loco, OK
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  04:36:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live 35 miles from Duncan or Ardmore and have had pretty good luck with picking up jobs. I love doing audits! I've been mystery shopping for about 5 months.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Mathes
Apprentice

Moore, OK
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  11:31:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am from Moore, and new to Shopping. I started on Shadow Shoppers...
I have listed with many companies, but I am stumbling around trying to find my feet so to speak.

I did sign up with CRI and I find I like the way that they handle payment and the jobs. What I am looking for is more companies like theirs.
I wish that I could get find jobs that pay at least 12 to 15 dollars without too much hassle.

I am looking for as much information as I can get. So I want to Thank everyone in advance of any help you can give me.

I did a couple of audits for CRI and I really like that. I have been an Auditor for many years, just not in the shopping business, but the manufactoring business.

Hope to find some Shopping friends in OK...
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  2:23:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
wow, you appear to be in an ideal location, so close to Oklahoma City. Shadow Shopper is great at sending out email notices. Priority is given to MSPA Gold certified which applies to most companies. If you haven't persued that yet, you should get your silver certification then go for the gold. It does pay off in the long run.
Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Lawton, OK

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Sue Br.
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
660 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  06:48:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was a shopper several years back and am now getting back into it. I like being a "spy". It puts a bit of fun into my usual dull life.
I've signed up with everybody and I have shops rolling in. I don't expect to get rich but the extra money is nice.
I live in Sallisaw so I can do Fort Smith and the sourounding area.

Sue
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  11:18:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm sure you will get a lot of assignment for the Fort Smith area. If you are willing to go to Poteau, OK I see a good number for that area too.

Anyone have any tips to share?
Mindy

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  5:27:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK, seems things have died down here. Let's spark it up with some tips and quips.
Mindy

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Karen W

Park Hill, OK
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  1:34:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a newbie in the Tahlequah area. I have my first shops this weekend! At first, I only wanted to do the Tahlquah/Muskogee area but it seems there aren't too many shops here. I also added Tulsa to my list and thought it might be worth the trip if I had several shops on the same day. I'm just trying to get my foot in the door. Anybody else thinking that way? Has anybody done any apartment shops in the Tulsa area? I don't know what all is involved but they seem to pay a little more than other shops.

ETA - I checked my email and have another shop scheduled for this weekend! That will be three shops and one audit. I think it's an audit anyway. I'm excited. I would love to hear from other shoppers in the Muskogee/Tahlequah area.
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2006 :  04:26:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Cindy,
You have most certainly started out on a new and expansive adventure into the world of marketing. I recommend you get your MSPA silver certification as soon as possible so you can persue the Gold when it comes to your area or somewhere within your grasp. Not only are mystery shopping opportunities, there are demonstrations, merchandising, surveys among many other different experiences. Your theory concerning the accumulation of shops for an area is correct. Often times, if you accept shops for an area, what was out of reach can be rather profitable.
I haven't done any apartment shops in your area however, I have performed several so it's safe for me to presume that all are basically the same. A hidden tape recorder sure helps in remembering specifics. Time for the actress in you to come out. Pretend as though you are actually looking for a place to live. Generally, what your normal concerns would be are those very things to report on. In addition, paying attention to how the agent sells you on the location features and overcomes any objections you may have.
Read the instructions and note the high points and you will do fine. Being observant works to your advantage.
Have fun and do let us know how your experiences are coming along.
Mindy
MSPA GOLD YB8RPP

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Renanah

Tulsa, OK
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  11:29:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I guess I'm a newbie to the MS world...I did my first shop on 8/21/06. In the last month and a half I've logged in about 95 shops. I guess that's a fairly good volume, but I'm still frustrated by how few companies seem to post jobs regularly for the Tulsa, OK area. I'm eager for new and exciting shopping adventures! Has anyone found any companies that still consistently post here?
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  12:03:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Renanah!
It won't take long to learn the ropes. Schedulers post on various forums that are available. If you haven't already, register with MSPA, get your silver certification and when a Gold certification seminar comes near you, take advantage of it. Meanwhile, register with as many companies as you can, MSPA has a list, and shadow shoppers is also a good source. You will discover the more you learn the more there is to learn.
Keep me posted.

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2006 :  7:39:41 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a newbie also. I started near the end of August, and I'm doing about 15 shops a week, on top of my 40-hour a week job. I'm loving it alot.
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  03:23:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome Jennifer!
Those meal shops ought to work out well for you then. Benefit during your lunch hour. Gas station shops are good too if there are any along the way to and/or from work. As an independent contractor you could enjoy the tax benefits. I see a lot of postings for Oklahoma City so you should do well.
Be sure to get your silver certification if you haven't already. Going for the gold is the best!

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2006 :  07:21:30 AM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mindy,
The theory of picking up food shops during my lunch break is a great idea, but at my office we don't get lunch breaks. :( We have to eat at our desks. But it's ok 'cuz I actually work 4 pm to midnight, so I do all my shops before 4 pm.
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  09:28:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sherry,
I recall you live in Loco. Here is one for Ardmore. That isn't too far away for you is it?
Service X system
We have some great audits at your local vet. These audits pay $30! You need to be: comfortable in professional casual clothing, interacting with the employees at the vet, have a digital camera, and know how to upload digital pictures. No pet is needed. We have made specific appointment times with the vets, and by applying you are saying you can go at the date and time indicated.

Available Shops:
* OK: ARDMORE->
http://www.sassieshop.com/bnc.php?TP=1&ID=7435&AS=2834&ST=37

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  09:31:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jennifer,
How bout a dinner shop?!...lol
Have you gotten you silver certification yet?

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2006 :  9:33:58 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd do dinner shops if I could leave my desk during my breaks. Even if I could tho, there's not very many restaurants near the office. Just a McDonalds and a couple other places I haven't ever seen shops for. We're kinda in the middle of nowhere.

I haven't gotten certified yet. I plan to do the test at some point by the end of next month. Just waiting for more of my money from the shops I've done to come in. So far I'm getting tons of shops without the certification, so I'm in no rush. So far this month, I'm averaging 2 a day. Some days I've done 4-5 a day, so I think I'm doing pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  08:56:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What places are around you that you could go for your dinner break? There just may be companies that handle the restaurants, you just haven't discovered them yet.
Sounds like you are doing well for a newbee. Kudos to you!
Keep us posted on you adventures. Always enjoy sharing information.

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  11:45:10 AM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My office is kinda far from everything, kinda in the middle of nowhere, so not much is within quick driving distance. Even if there were restaurants I could drive to, I'd have to be back to the office in 15 minutes or less, so I wouldn't have the time to stay in the restaurant as long as the shops require. I have to eat at my desk basically because I don't really even get a break. 10-15 minutes is all I can take, not enough time to go even across the street for a shop.
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  2:37:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sheesh...
Do you work for a sweat shop?
Hopefully you'll get some breaks down the road. Any experiences you would like to share?

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  10:01:39 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd give you guys an update. I've been at the shopping thing for about 3 months now, and I absolutely love it! I expected to make less than $150 a month, and I'm up to about $450 a month already. It may not sound like much to some people, but considering I only do this part time (like 10-15 hours a week at the most), I think I'm doing great. I've definately paid for the medical bills I wanted to pay by MSing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums