Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  12:40:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't have a problem getting into the web site, I was just wondering why they never have any jobs posted. Anywhere. The address is: http://www.extraeyes.net/members/login.php?

I've been looking at their site for months and never seen any jobs listed. I know some companies have really strange parameters you have to set up before you can actually view the assignments and I'm beginning to think this is one, also. I'll keep fiddling around with it and see if I can get it to show me something
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  12:58:42 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got into the website, but there isn't anything listed, of course. I've never seen anything listed, so I don't think they have any jobs here right now. Funny since the Volition company list says they have jobs here.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  7:54:06 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does Bestmark have any clients here? I've been signed up with them for months, and I keep hearing about the "fun retail shops," but I've never heard back from them.
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  10:05:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bestmark claims to have shops in Ok. and I've signed with them twice, several months apart, but I haven't ever heard back from them. I guess I don't have the skill they are looking for?
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  06:03:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You could email them through the "contact us" portion of the website and ask what shops exactly are available in your area and that you receive emails with available assignments yet you cannot access them.

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  06:05:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sure would be great if other Oklahoman's would share....how 'bout it?

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Karen W

Park Hill, OK
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  10:23:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TerryInTulsa

Bestmark claims to have shops in Ok. and I've signed with them twice, several months apart, but I haven't ever heard back from them. I guess I don't have the skill they are looking for?
I'm in the same boat. I've applied with them a couple of times and have never heard back.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  2:48:17 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've heard back from them finally, but both times the shops were filled before I even had a chance to reply.
Go to Top of Page

Karen W

Park Hill, OK
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  2:49:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ACL just posted some jobs in Tulsa. Sounds like a yummy shop!
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  09:21:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did finally get a few emails from Bestmark, too. Some were already filled, the others were too far away. I hate it when the email says, "We have available shops in your area..." only to find out that they are a hundred miles from here.
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  09:25:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really enjoy the ACL assignments! I have another one scheduled for early April.
Go to Top of Page

CristinB
Apprentice

Tulsa, OK
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  9:48:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi folks! I'm in Tulsa, and have been mystery shopping for almost a year. Not a lot of income, but I started when I was VERY pregnant and now have two little boys that make it challenging to shop with. I love DSG, ACL, and MSI. Occasionally I'll take shops with Shop'N Chek. I can't bring myself to do CoRI shops because the pay is just too little for the time. Usually I completed 10 - 15 shops per month with various companies. I'm not certified at all, and will probably at least get silver certified this summer. I wish I could find enough decent paying shops to stay home full-time w/my little ones, but for now we just have a little extra side income and some free food and groceries. (And ACL provides some nice date nights for me and my hubby)!
I am curious if any of you use a hidden voice recorder. It was one of the suggestions from an MSI shop, and it sure sounds like it would be helpful when trying to remember lots of details.
The gas prices might be tough for most folks, but might work to my advantage for out of the way shops. Our vehicles can run on CNG, so at only $0.94 per gallon the PAD offers can really make a difference for me. The kids usually have to come along, so that's my biggest limitation in the types of shops I can complete comprehensively. Hopefully the rest of you are doing ok with the increase in gas prices!
Nice to know there are a number of friendly shoppers in the area!

Cristin
Go to Top of Page

Ashley Rene
Valued Contributor

Georgia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2007 :  6:24:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I'm in the Tulsa area, too. I tend to roam about many of the surrounding towns. I definitely haven't found anything super worthwhile to shop, nothing over $20, but I'm working on little shops to build up reputation and I'm sure something will come along. :)
Aside from Mystery Shopping, I draw and paint, have a pet cockatiel, two black moors and 4 bettas, and one very cute ferret! I'm really into movies and reading random stuff on the internet. I like chatting with others with similar interests.
:) Maybe I'll make some friends here.

Ashley Rene
Shopping Augusta, GA CSRA and Surrounding and never sleeping.
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  2:33:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings All,
Been awhile. Looks like Tulsa wins again! To answer your question about using a recorder Cristin. I used a voice activated quite a bit when I first started. Not so much now that I have four years under my belt and developed the ability to remember better. It still comes in handy though.
Ok, I give, what is CNG?
Now, welcome Ashley, hope ou are experiencing some great adventures so far. I'm going to assume you are relatively new to MSng from the sounds of your posting. Sounds like you have a "mini-zoo" in the works...lol.
If you have any questions any of us oculd help out.
Look forward to more posts

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  01:13:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Goss, I believe CNG = compressed natural gas. I could be wrong, but that was my interpretation.
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  01:34:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ashley, I have mentioned in earlier postings that the people in Oklahoma are very territorial. We don't get the vast quantity of available assignments that other states do. It seems that everyone is afraid that there would be too much competition if a good source of ms'ing were to be let out of the bag.

I somewhat agree with that. I don't do a lot of ms'ing anymore because I now have the advantage of being a recognized, certified, competent shopper. I have restricted myself to taking only those assignments which pay very well. But I also don't want more competition in this area. Tulsa (and the surrounding communities) don't have a great deal to offer, as far as mystery shopping goes. I don't mean to sound like I am bragging or anything, I have communicated with you that I only do this as a sideline. But it is kind of nice to have the extra thousand or so dollars each month to play around with.

Now, if you are interested in doing some merchandising, I can connect you with a few companies. One of them is always looking for people in the outlying communities, such as Skiatook. There are a lot of advantages to be found in the merchandising arena. The work is fairly steady, you can still (up to a point) set your own hours, and you have plenty of time to study or paint or tend to your family.

In any event, I wish you the best of everything. Send me another email if you are interested in finding the merchandising work. One of the stores I handle gives me between 5 and 12 hours per week. The pay isn't great, but it is $10 per hour and it is a steady pay and the work is mindbogglingly easy.

Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  10:41:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terry, please, call me Mindy. Thanx for the acronym identification. As I do agree that Oklahoma MS'rs to appear to be stingy with their sources, I can only hope that there are those willing to share, as I. That's all part of networking. Here's to a good rapore between seasoned and newbie MS'rs.

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Ashley Rene
Valued Contributor

Georgia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  2:54:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hehe. I don't mind doing the small paying shops. I sign up for 3-4 of them in a single go, in the same area. I come away with a nice little sum of change, and I work fast. :)
I would like some information on merchandising work. I'm doing some pricing audits this week, too. :) Right up my alley.
I'll email you.

Ashley Rene
Go to Top of Page

GossWaldrep
Contributor

Lawton, OK
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  4:55:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try NIS, Greet America, Sets & Service for merchandising. NIS and Greet America also do demo's. That's all that comes to mind for the moment. You can also do a search for merchandising.
Good Luck

Mindy
MSPA GOLD yb8rpp
Go to Top of Page

Ashley Rene
Valued Contributor

Georgia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  6:51:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks bunches! Help is always appreciated.
I actually went out and bought a binder for my paperwork and a big desk calendar to help me keep up with my dates for shops. Haha. I feel like I'm really getting into this.
Tomorrow will be a very busy day for me. I scheduled 9 shops. One is an audit. Haha.

I'll take all the good luck I can get. :)

Almost forgot to mention... I'm very interested in demonstrations, so I'm applying for those companies to see what I can come up with. If you have any tips on this, I'd love 'em.

Thanks so much! <3

Ashley Rene
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums