Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Traci_OR

Oregon
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2005 :  10:12:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on working for Hasbro as a merchandiser? I was contacted about a part time opening in my area.

Thank you in advance!

Traci

MSPA Silver Certified ynzrd7

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  02:07:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was also contacted about a position. Wondering some things myself. I also heard that you may have to put in some weekends and that the company makes up a schedule and tells you what days to go in to your stores.

I would like to know how they are on pay etc. also.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Traci_OR

Oregon
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2005 :  3:04:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was contacted last night by a Distric Manager last night. He said that the service is on Mondays and Tuesdays only. You have to be in the stores by 9:00 am and the pay is $10.00 per hour.

I do merchandise currently in one of the stores and I chatted with the toys manager to see what the Hasbro employee was like before. She mentioned that they have never had an employee from Hasbro come in and service their store before. Sounds like a new position?

The time he quoted in as "instore" time sounds like alot for what little work there is? I was wondering if anyone has any further information.

Job sounds interesting, but is it to much work for the pay??

Thanks for your help!
Traci

MSPA Silver Certified ynzrd7
Go to Top of Page

SoCalColleen
Valued Contributor

Ca
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  9:23:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$10.00 an hour, huh?
I saw a flyer in one of the vendor sign in books looking for people in my area. Does anyone know how many hours a week they are offering, or how many hours a week they believe it will take per store? Is there drive time compensation, or a minimum paid per store for the visit? (Nothing like doing a service for 6.00 a few weeks in a row because it is an off season and the store is slow!)
Just curious, but if I learn anything, I will keep you posted.

:-)
Go to Top of Page

Annee34NC
Contributor

Ramseur, NC
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  04:14:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a interview with them in my area friday i was told pay between 8-10 a hour, paid vacation and holidays, some type of per diem rate. Mon-thurs with set schedule of 15-20 hours a week. off on friday dont know if I will take it because the area is 30-45 min drive and I have alot of work right here closer to my home so we will see.

anne

Anne
Go to Top of Page

Trish
Contributor

Frankfort, Ohio
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  12:02:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just contacted by the DM in my area and we are meeting on Monday. There is a 6 store rotation that needs to be serviced 1-2 days per week. On week 1 and 3 I would do 3 stores and then on week 2 and 4 I would do the other 3 stores. I am unsure of the pay yet but it sounds great!!! I will let you all know when I get back on the details.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

SoCalColleen
Valued Contributor

Ca
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  5:28:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It appears to be a very good job! Some of the possible bonuses, perks, merit raises, employee discounts, 401K, per diem, and so on make it allot better pay than it first sounds. I had to go through a several day resume/phone/in person interview, and wait to see who was chosen. Then a drug test, and now comes a 1 week + long, extensive in store training period. I am actually quite impressed by their thoroughness. The job pretty much is, as Trish and Annee has explained the hours, days and store rotation.

Go to Top of Page

Trish
Contributor

Frankfort, Ohio
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  08:49:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am now hired by Hasbro also. I have to take my drug test, which will be no problem, then I can start in a couple of weeks. Everything with them sounds very, very good!!!

Trish
Go to Top of Page

SoCalColleen
Valued Contributor

Ca
USA
128 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2005 :  8:17:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi again!
I just completed my first day training. 4 more to go. I am brain fried, but it was fun, and I only have GREAT things to say about the company, A+ communication, and the positive management.

I don't want to divulge too much may be confidential to the company, (as far as the benefits to their employees) but let me say, that even though the pay is "$10.00 hr." the perks are enough to make me wish there were enough stores in my area to bring me to full time status. I'd grab it in a second

Trish, let me know how your training days go!
I am looking forward to tomorrow. There is alot of stock that needs to be set out, and I'm itching to get out there and get the stores in shape.
Colleen

Go to Top of Page

PattyInKY
Apprentice

Elizabethtown, KY
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2005 :  6:26:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was contacted about an interview with Hasbro. I was wondering how it was going for you that started your jobs. I am really hoping that I get this one. Thanks for your input.

Patty
Go to Top of Page

RoseE

NJ
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2006 :  1:52:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a recent update on Hasbro? I know that there have been some changes in the job descriptions and would like to know how the merchandisers are enjoying the job.

Rose
Go to Top of Page

Connie23

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  08:59:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm interviewing for the temporary merchandiser positon. This runs through the Christmas season. Can anyone update me on a few things? Hourly pay, mileage, and the good, bad and the ugly? TIA.
Go to Top of Page

Mary_W
Trainee

Wallington, NJ
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2008 :  1:34:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wondering if anyone has any recent info about the company? Like it? Not?? Hours???? Anything would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mary

Mary
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShopsSC
Contributor

Columbia, MO
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  2:58:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Hasbro since October. It has been an excellent merchandising job. From pay to per diem to time paid for administrative work done at home it is working out really well. Plus they have 401k with matching of I think 3%. Vacation time and paid holiday time.
It is fun work except when you have to deal with a rude manager.
You really have to pressure some managers to get the space you need for your products but most of the time you can get what you need.
I love the flexibility, my boss and the communication.
I even love Christmas time which is pretty chaotic but it is great to please the customers and get the product out there so Hasbro is happy too.
I can't say anything bad at all...

Donna
Merchandising/Shopping in Columbia, Missouri
Go to Top of Page

FrankHeld
Contributor

South Bend, IN
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  7:03:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could someone provide a link to their merchandiser hiring ? I went to their general website (www.hasbro.com), but didn't find anything related to merchandising for them.

Frank
MSPA silver certified. Servicing all of Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan
Go to Top of Page

RachelW

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  1:32:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new on this company? It has been a long while since anyone has posted anything. I just applied for a seasonal job.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums