Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

LaurieHI

Oahu, HI
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  11:09:43 PM  Visit LaurieHI's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone worked for this company? They posted a court research position on the job postings board. Let me know your experience.

MSPA SILVER Certified #mmlf6w, Hawaiian Islands Shopper

Lark

Cottonwood, AZ
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  7:27:32 PM  Visit Lark's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi!

This is Lark of Sunlark Research. I just wanted to thank you for starting this topic. My company is very young, so I am taking the liberty of encouraging my current active contractors to respond with their honest feedback. I know that, if you wanted to hear from me, you would have contacted me directly. So I'll get out of here and hope that a few of them respond.

With blessings,
Lark

Lark Tucker
dba Sunlark Research
www.sunlarkresearch.com
Go to Top of Page

TheresaCinNWIN

Northwest, Indiana
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2005 :  10:20:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Lark/Sunlark Research.

The assignment is easy but there are a few requirements to make it truly profitable for you:
1. Laptop with a long-life battery (without plugging in)
2. Accurate/speedy typing skills
3. Time - this assignment could require a full day's work

Lark, a fellow Hoosier, is a very friendly and helpful.

If I had had requirement #1, I would probably still be working for her.

I hope this helps.

Theresa C.
MSPA Gold Shopper jwkksg
Shopping/Merchandising NW Indiana and a little beyond
Go to Top of Page

Gail-V
Valued Contributor

New Haven, CT
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  03:36:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired and quit all in about the same day.
Since we only communicate by email and because I asked one too many questions (I guess?) I received a very arrogant email from Lark.

Her attitude upset me. I told her so and I ended it.
If you want to read it email me.

Gail M Volta
Go to Top of Page

Lark

Cottonwood, AZ
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  8:12:15 PM  Visit Lark's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gail is right. When I received an e-mail that didn't make sense to me, I was somewhat arrogant in my reply, although I did desire to understand the intent. I'd be happy to e-mail you the thread myself. I didn't realize that I would offend so greatly that Gail would write back to me to "lose the attitude and my number!" My feeling then was that this applicant apparently didn't need the work that badly, although I did make it clear at the time that the invitation to attend a training call was still in effect.

I do thank Gail for inadvertently leading me into some research opportunities that would not have arisen for me and my fledgling company otherwise. Much of my ability to assign work in certain areas is inquiry driven and Gail's inquiry was timely in this regard.

In response to Theresa C's comments, they were all true for the county she was trying to cover as well as for many areas. However, these elements do vary by assignment. For details, I invite readers to contact me directly.

With blessings,
Lark

Lark Tucker
dba Sunlark Research
www.sunlarkresearch.com
Go to Top of Page

Christy461

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2005 :  5:53:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this work! Lark is excellent; always very encouraging and cheerful. She responds to emails almost immediately and gives very clear instructions. And she always, always pays. Fast! This is such a nice change from mystery shopping, which I've been doing for 7 years now.

I do have a laptop, and I don't need a battery, I just plug in when I get to the courthouse.I don't think good typing skills are as important as knowing where to find the info. on the page, since there really isn't much that needs to be entered. As a bonus,I have learned a lot of new stuff listening in(!) on all the conversations in the research room.
Go to Top of Page

Ginna
Apprentice

Salem, IN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2005 :  2:47:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I've been working for Lark for 3 weeks, and it really is Input=Output. I really enjoy working with her. The job is really easy, you just go to the county courthouse, go to the recorder's office, and look up the info required, then input into the mailpro software program. Then, when you get home, you download it to their website. Lark pays VERY PROMPTLY, via PayPal. I've have never found her to be arrogant, and she has returned all my phone calls and emails without delay.
Hope this helps.
Ginna

ginna L Morris
Go to Top of Page

MikkiErwin

Nacogdoches, TX
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  8:24:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Lark,
I must say first of all that it has been inspiring to me to see that the owner of the company has taken time out of her busy schedule to post on the board. Good sign of a good company.
Secondly, I was hoping that you could answer some questions for me?
1. What is your process on hiring?
2. Is a laptop required?
3. How is payroll handled?
4. Once an application is received, how long until you determine if an
applicant is qualified for employment?
Thank you!
Mikki
Nacogdoches, TX.

Mikki Erwin
Go to Top of Page

CarrieK

Boynton Beach, Florida
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  06:27:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I replied to one of larks posts for work. She got back to me right away. Although she did not need any more researchers in my county, she was very nice in my reply email. I hope she keeps my information on the chance that a position becomes available, she sounds like a good person to work for.

CarrieK
Go to Top of Page

Lark

Cottonwood, AZ
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  11:14:19 AM  Visit Lark's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikkiErwin

1. What is your process on hiring?
2. Is a laptop required?
3. How is payroll handled?
4. Once an application is received, how long until you determine if an applicant is qualified for employment?

1. The applicant's portion of this is spelled out on the company website at www.sunlarkresearch.com . On my end, I review the step 1 and step 2 information received and compare it to the areas where research is needed and with how the applicant's skills and equipment compare to that of other successful researchers. I then make a phone call to each person I feel ready to make a hiring decision with, discuss the county or counties, training requirements, and expectations. I usually hire on this phone call, although we sometimes find that additional time or information is needed before making a decision.

2. I have several successful researchers that do not use laptops, but it is one of several success factors that is taken into account--kind of like a credit rating, only more subjective on my part.

3. Each independent researcher submits an invoice at the end of each week. Officially, payroll is completed within ten days on Monday. All PayPal deposits are made by that day and checks are postmarked no later than Tuesday. As a very young company, I handle payroll myself, so sometimes have it completed sooner than that. I am currently looking into ideas to streamline all of my processes, including this one.

4. This varies greatly according to the counties applied for, what is happening in that area at present and just plain old timing. Mikki, in the case of your application, Nacogdoches was already assigned. Also, your profile indicated that it might be challenging for you to reach your income expectation with Sunlark Research. So I placed your ap in my "wait and see" folder. I am waiting to see whether the assigned researcher works out. If that person were not to work out, I would likely contact you to discuss your application and why I was concerned about your income expectation in light of your stated skills and available equipment. We would then discuss whether you and this research opportunity might be a good fit for each other. So, to answer your question about when I determine if an applicant is qualified, it is ongoing. The true determination only comes when I have assigned work and it has been done correctly in a timely basis. I am still learning how to discern who will do well at this and who will not. Some people are true independent contractors and some are only wannabees. And some have the tenacity to stick around through their learning curve while others are intimidated and/or get too busy to even step foot in the county offices.

So Mikki, I hope this has answered your questions. If not, you are invited to e-mail or call me for greater clarification. I am actually not clear why you chose to post your question on a forum rather than e-mail me privately. But the nice thing about this is that any others with the same questions can read these answers also.

With blessings,
Lark

Lark Tucker
dba Sunlark Research
www.sunlarkresearch.com
Go to Top of Page

MikkiErwin

Nacogdoches, TX
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2005 :  5:02:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your informational response. I really appreciate it and yes, the reason I asked my questions on the board were so that others with the same questions could see the answers.
This is where a lot of us learn from others and about other companies and it really is a great source.
Lark, I really do appreciate your time and response! I will be emailing you soon :o)
Mikki

Mikki Erwin
Go to Top of Page

Lark

Cottonwood, AZ
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2005 :  09:30:04 AM  Visit Lark's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Special Notice to Volition Readers:

Sunlark Research is experiencing growing pains, and I have not had time to respond to most inquiries and applications in the past few weeks. I am in the process of upgrading my company in order to put as many of you to work as possible as quickly as possible. Please look for follow-up phone calls and e-mails to resume in the next week or so.

In the meantime, any applicants that have not yet completed the contractor ap under "Step 2" on the website (www.sunlarkresearch.com) are invited to do so. That will potentially speed the process when I recommence hiring new researchers.

Many thanks to my existing researchers for the great job so many of you are doing!

With blessings of love and light,
Lark

Lark Tucker
dba Sunlark Research
www.sunlarkresearch.com
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2086 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  3:54:14 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have signed up with this company tonight. Any advice that is offered would be great!

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  5:00:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have emailed Lark twice now and have not received any replies. It was unclear to me (until reading this thread and the last post of Lark's) if I was supposed to fill out Step 2 before she contacted me or after. Perhaps by filling it out I will receive a response?
Theresa Ekdom, northern Michigan

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager
Go to Top of Page

Lark

Cottonwood, AZ
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  6:18:09 PM  Visit Lark's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Theresa,

Yes, I received your e-mails--as well as from over 100 others throughout the US that I have not had time to respond to! I've been experiencing a lot of growth and it takes time to assimilate it all! I have hired my first actual employee--a top-notch administrative assistant--but she does not start until next week. Until then, I continue plodding along, hoping her assistance will severely ease the bottleneck, and we can resume more active recruitment of independent researchers.

We do need research in your area, so please do go ahead and complete Step 2. I am continuing to hire those that stick their heads up and happen to be in a critical area, but I just haven't had the time to respond to everyone!

My apologies to all who have been waiting patiently for a response! I believe that things will be shifting very soon to allow many more researchers to join our team!

With blessings,
Lark

Lark Tucker
dba Sunlark Research
www.sunlarkresearch.com
Go to Top of Page

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  05:04:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the reply Lark! I have completed step 2 and faxed it to you.
Theresa E

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2086 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  6:05:46 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone in a county where they charge you to search the public records for this? ($5)

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

RuthMcanally
Valued Contributor

Pittsburg, TX
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  8:31:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe access to these kinds of records are supposed to free unless you are doing them online and then some of them have a subscription fee abe so I believe you need to email lark at Lark@sunlarkresearch.com and see what she tells you.

Let me know if I can help you becuase I am a sunlarker myself.

thanks ruth mcanally

Ruth Mcanally
Go to Top of Page

JodiMI
Apprentice

Plainwell, MI
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  3:37:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never found Lark to be arrogant, she just has a silly sense of humor and always laughs. I think alot of the researchers are not giving this enough time and could be wasting time without realizing it. My first day out I hated it. I only made $8 a hour, but each week I have sped up and now make $18 - $20 a hour, depending on the county. Make a cheat sheet of the zip codes and you wont waste time entering the city (unless the city has multiple codes). Once you get your lender list made it goes much faster. Spend at least 4 to 6 hours there or you wasted your time going. A laptop is the only smart way to go, why look at that info more time than you have to. Make sure you look at the mortgage amount before anything else so you don't waste your time on one that doesn't qualify. If anyone needs help to speed up let me know.
Go to Top of Page

.Linda Davila
Inactive

Troy, MI
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  08:59:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking I may have the wrong fax #, I keep getting an error. Does anyone have it ? Thanks...as I am very eager to send in my forms !

Linda
Go to Top of Page

VickiA
Star Contributor

Rapid City, SD
USA
845 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  7:00:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for the company and never heard back. I sent over all the required info and I am sad that I never heard anything. If there is something more I need to do Lark, could you please let me know? I am interested in the research position. :)

Silver Shopper ID# 3akxzg Shopping Rapid City South Dakota and surrounding areas!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.58 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums