Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

AnnetteMocabee
Valued Contributor

Hawaii
USA
158 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  11:32:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live on the big island, and I know they are desperate for shoppers here! Anyone else from the state at least?

Annette - Shopping the west side of the beautiful Big Island of Hawaii - Silver Certified

BSensui

Honolulu, Hawaii
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  12:46:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Barbara - Shopping the Honolulu area. Been at it almost a year.
Silver Certified.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

KHo
Apprentice

Honolulu, Hawaii
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2005 :  5:43:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Been at this 1 1/2 years. I have done 1 or 2 for maybe 20 different companies, and then, no assignments after that. Otherwise, Shop'n Chek is my "hero", I have done 6-10 per month since April 2004. Other companies are very sparse, or maybe they don't like me! I ALMOST flew to L.A. for gold certification, but a friend suggested I wait another year, before I commit to spending all that money. I thought it would be an adventure that would pay for itself! Our very own Maui island just started Aloha Solutions - so I recommend signing up with them. They sent me on 10 assignments in Waikiki, short, easy, paid quickly. Good luck with finding Hawaii jobs!

KHo
silver cert.
Go to Top of Page

TopherChris

Honolulu, HI
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2005 :  1:03:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Aloha everyone,
Just getting started in this mystery shopping thing. Glad to see there are others out here in Hawaii that do the same thing. I was wondering who you all get most of your assignments from. I don't know what I can mention on here, but all I have been able to find is a retail store and a bank. Still waiting on my login and approval for Shop'n Chek , but does anyone else have any pointers for assignments on Oahu? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Char96782
Contributor

HI
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2005 :  7:02:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Aloha! Another shopper here from Hawaii. I just started about three months ago and its been a great experience. Although jobs are sparse here I have been able to keep busy and get at least 5 jobs a month. What companies besides Shop'n Chek have you worked with???

Char
Go to Top of Page

BSensui

Honolulu, Hawaii
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  8:59:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, Some extra info. I know the SG Marketing is looking for shoppers for bank shops. They are a great company to work for. Hope they go with another business or bank that I can shop again. Good luck!

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

BSensui

Honolulu, Hawaii
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  4:35:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just gave you that name of SG Marketing to check with. They also pay GOOD! Let them know that I gave you the information. Barbara Sensui

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

KHo
Apprentice

Honolulu, Hawaii
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  4:49:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope more Hawaii shoppers share this topic! I did a major OOPS! I entered more than 3 shops after the 12 hour mark for Shop'n Chek and have been dropped. Granted, they were entered at 7-9 am and I did the shop the night before at 5-7 pm, I am still WRONG to do that! I had a great run with them, almost 2 years, and I think they could use fresh meat, for now. Miss that paycheck, though. I worked very hard for ShopnChek. I have done a bunch of SG banking shops, but they are 90 days until I am able to re-shop. I did a bunch of Confero movie shops - loved those, but be prepared to spend time before (traffic, parking), during (very easy & straightforward), and after (watching the movie). I enjoyed RoperNOP gas shops but have not signed up for their newer programs. Infotel is reimbursement-only, so, if you are prepared to only treat a friend (& yourself), it's still worth it. I await more interesting assignments! ALOHA!

KHo
silver cert.
Go to Top of Page

BSensui

Honolulu, Hawaii
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  5:40:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find Bare to be a GREAT company to work for also. They have a lot of fitness shops. (not hinting here

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Char96782
Contributor

HI
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  6:21:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Although jobs are scarce here in Hawaii, I have found work with SG Marketing and as noted, Shop N' Chek. There have been other companies that have sent me job notices but they are rare.

I was looking for a part-time (1-2 hours/week) merchandising position, but can't seem to find one. Any luck with anyone else from Hawaii.

Char
Go to Top of Page

Islander AL
Apprentice

Kaneohe, HI
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  04:51:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Howzit everyone, NEW MS Shopper here on Oahu, It has been real interesting!!!

Easy everyone

Al
-MSPA Silver Certified-
Go to Top of Page

Arlene_HI
Star Contributor

Lawai, HI
USA
676 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  2:12:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shopping Kauai for 4 years.
Go to Top of Page

Carol in SoCal
Apprentice

CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  2:33:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I might be moving to Hawaii next year. I hope mystery shopping will still be going strong.

Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

AMSWayne

Aiea, HI
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  3:16:20 PM  Visit AMSWayne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been shopping for three years. Also performed merchandising, resets, exit interviews and special event promotions.

Mahalo!

Wayne O
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  5:30:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm going to look for a dining shop or two when we visit Maui in November.
Go to Top of Page

Arlene_HI
Star Contributor

Lawai, HI
USA
676 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  09:06:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You Oahu shoppers should be able to find plenty of assignments. Have you tried Service Intelligence, Grantham Orillio and Kern Scheduling? The addresses are all on the volition list. I can always pick up a shop or 2 (once 14) when we go over for a weekend. Sign up with as many companies as you can.

Char, for Merchandising work check www.narms.com and www.hiringedge.com
Go to Top of Page

Ellie Leialoha
Apprentice

Kihei, HI
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  8:46:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Aloha from Maui!

Just got back into the Mystery Shopping and Merchandising line of work. I started as a Mystery Shopper way way way back I believe it was in 1989 and did it till about 1993. Not sure how many other "Shoppers" are here on Maui but maybe we'll meet up sometime. Glad I found this board and the other resources on the Net to help me get back into work that is flexible and kinda fun. I've done a couple of shops and even a store audit - that was different.

a hui hou,
Ellie
Go to Top of Page

UrsulaC

Wahiawa, HI
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  10:59:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Aloha, everyone...Here in Wahiawa,Oahu. Just joined this week, didn't sign up for any companies yet, still looking around and trying the learn. I appreciate all of your posts.
Go to Top of Page

Char96782
Contributor

HI
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  9:08:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Aloha! I've been MS'ing for about a year. It has been a great opportunity to earn some extra money, eat at some nice restaurants and brush up on my writing skills. I had been scheduling myself for about 3 jobs a week but right now I am going to take a break.

Although the actual shop itself takes from 15-30 minutes for retail locations, reports and submissions can take me up to an hour to complete. I strive to be detailed but always need to edit for length, so it takes longer than I would hope.

There are lots of jobs available for the picking and seems like Maui offers a lot opportunities as well. Best wishes to the new shoppers here and holla if you need assistance!

Char
Go to Top of Page

Gayle

HI
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  06:37:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm on Oahu. I have been shopping for just over two years. Where are the rest of Hawaii's shoppers?

Gayle
Gold Certified
Shopping Hawaii and Central Texas
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2006 :  06:46:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Aloha,
I did a shop for Gapbusters while visiting Maui this year. I will be back next year but promise not to do many shops since its a vacation.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums