Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  7:54:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How long did it take to hear back when you sent in your new hire paperwork?

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  9:45:15 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I filed the paperwork from the website by email Oct 2nd. I emailed a couple of weeks later. I received a reply within a day saying nothing was going on in my area.
Three months and a few days later:
I have received three emails from three different schedulers within the past week. All emails wanted me to interview for the same 10 week / 40 hours project. Two of the emails came after I was hired.
For my interview, I had to provide copies of my original paperwork or fill it out again at the interview. Fortunately, when I talked to the interviewer, I did get that guidance from him. It was a real interview with the usual questions like a regular job.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  5:54:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Faxed in my paperwork 1/9 and never heard anything. Logged into NARMS only to find a job posted in my area. Should I contact them to see if the received everything?

Brian
Go to Top of Page

JoniW63
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  6:07:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, you should call them and talk with someone in payroll. It could just be an issue with your paperwork. I waited a few weeks only to find out there was an issue with the copy of my license being too dark and too small.

Joni
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  05:57:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have you called them to make sure that they have received your paperwork? When I faxed my paperwork to them, I called as soon as the fax went thru. They confirmed receiving my paperwork and forwarded me onto job interview.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  06:21:17 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
BrianHanson37
Yes, do email them that you have submitted your paperwork and are interested in the position posted on NARMS.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  12:20:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else used their new upload feature for your hard copy???

I have to give it a "THUMBS UP" so far!!! I did 6 candy resets this
week, used the upload feature, and they've already all been verified!!

Thanks Convergence!!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  12:36:59 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just gained access to my portal. It appears the insurance premium has been raised to 75 cents per hour.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda49

Dothan, AL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  1:23:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How long did the candy resets take? I am curious because SRS seems to think it should not take longer than 90 minutes.

Rhonda
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  2:39:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, these are candy resets in convenience stores at gas stations. We are given 2 hours. In these two hours, you have to change out the strips, pull the deletes and reset the inline area, which can be either 8 feet or 12 feet. If it's 8 feet, there are 10 shelves,
divided into two 4 ft sections, for 20 strips. If it's 12 feet there are 9 shelves, divided into three 4 ft sections, for 27 strips.

Then when this is done, you have to replace the strips in the theater
section, pull the deletes and reset that section.

Then you have to find all the new candy and pack it all out. Plus the
peg section has 4 new items.

It takes the full two hours, so I don't know what stores SRS has, but in these stores, there is NO WAY to do it in less than 2 hours!!

Hope that helps.

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  3:30:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, old info on the website for the insurance. I signed up as 75 cents, and when they deducted it was 50 cents.

I did one of the gas station/convenience store candy resets for Convergence and I was done well within the 90 minutes. It was a 12' section. What I did was to change the strips first, then I started to strip the product. What did not have a place was removed. When I checked after all done, the items that did not have a place on POG/strip worked out to be the deleted items.

I used the upload feature last Sat and they were confirmed on Monday and verified on Tuesday. Now just waiting for paycheck deposit.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  7:28:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla,

That's an idea I might try....i.e., not pulling the deletes
until I actually start resetting the display....you reckon that
would save me some time???? It took me about 10-12 minutes looking
for and pulling the deletes. The way you did it seems like it might
be a time-saving step. Thanks for sharing that. I've got 2 more
next week, and one of them is a 12' display. So maybe I'll try
your method. Thanks!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  8:45:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just referred to this company thru a friend. Sent my resume to the DM at her request. Rec an e-mail from her 1/20 saying she was sending it on to her AM & I shoud update her on the outcome. So far I haven't heard anything. How long do you think I shoud wait before getting back to the DM? Is this a self assign site like CMS?

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  8:59:33 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tuesday midday if you do not hear before then. Do you know a name?

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  05:00:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mine did not have the theatre section. But me and my crew (when I need them) have figured out this system and it works for us. Plus, my was a Wrigley reset and the strips had pictures along with sku where items were to go. I love pictures. I only do 1 remove shelf's worth of product at a time, and have a cart for 'non-pog' items. I do go ahead and place all of the strips at the beginning tho.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  8:50:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Jeff I have DM & AM's name. Thanks

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  06:28:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff, Gayle and I have different RMs. You have the daughter of my RM. I havent' spoke to your RM, Gayle.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Linda Lallerstedt
Apprentice

Biloxi, MS
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  08:49:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This sounds like a good company to sign up with. I will be a newbe to marketing....are your supplies mailed to your home or to the store? Thanks for all of your help.
Linda

Linda
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  3:18:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of my supplies are mailed to me, I've only had 1-2 sent to the store and those were mistakes.

I have kept Convergence as one of my main 3, and I would recommend them. I don't have alot of work, but most of the time their jobs work around my other companies.

Plus I have a GREAT RM, Kathy. Where are you at, I can tell you who your RM will be.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dawn Black
Apprentice

Millersville, MD
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  10:52:45 AM  Visit Dawn Black's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are so glad to hear that you like the new upload feature.

It really is expediting the recaps being received.

If you have any additional ideas, please feel free to email us at dblack@convergencemktg.com .

Have a great weekend!

Dawn M. Black
Director of Human Resources
Convergence Marketing
www.convergencemktg.com

Dawn M. Black
Director of Human Resources
Convergence Marketing
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums