Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

StanWebster39

Pride, LA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  03:19:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done several projects for this company and have always been paid on time as promised. I have accepted the some of the same locations for the project that you are referring to. I would not hesitate to work for Convergence and I like the self-assign feature on their website.

Stan the man Webster
Serving South Central Louisiana
Go to Top of Page

Becky A

OH
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  5:54:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first two jobs for this company on March 24 and received a check today. I am very pleased with the company and the projects. I hope to do more projects for them in the future.

Becky
Go to Top of Page

Debra H
Apprentice

Hastings, Mi
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  1:03:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for them, always paid on time. Great support at the office.
A good company you can trust.

Debra A Hartke
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  7:02:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone give me the link to sign up with Convergence?

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

JacquelineKzn
Valued Contributor

Springfield, IL
USA
113 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  02:27:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Non-working link removed.

Jacqueline M. Kuizin
Go to Top of Page

Virginia_D
Valued Contributor

Lubbock, TX
USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  10:00:52 AM  Visit Virginia_D's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else recieve an email from them about signing up for employee benefits? Does this mean that there is more work available of you do this?

Virginia
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  04:14:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied with this company last night and received a call back. I did not get to the phone on time so I called the number on caller ID and it was a answering service from Bank of America to put in a code to receive your message. They didn't leave a message. The number was 720-228-0089. Any infor on how I can contact them?
Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  06:47:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a call from them too a while back also but the job they had was very far away from me. I called 866-249-6128. Good luck!!
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  12:56:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the fast reply Heathershops, If I call they may be able to help. I did assighnments for Certified and the jobs were from Convergence Marketing. Could it be they go through them when they don't have merchandisers for certain areas?
Mary

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  10:32:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went back into their web site and that was their hot-line number, I left a message there.
Mary

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  9:20:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary,

CRI has many names. They all have the same logon no matter who you are signed up with at whichever company. Hope that clears things up.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2006 :  9:46:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Noop, I didn't understand a thing, Aria. I just applied with Convergence Marketing a few days a go, and the web site mentioned they'd be calling in the next to day regarding the application. Well they called the following day while I was at "THE TIOLET", when i got to phone it was a little too late. They haven't call back since that I know of, but I been working. I did merchandising jobs for another company but the report forms and the ventor sign in log was to be listed with this company, so they must of sub contracted me through another merchandising company.

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

JanieWilson
Contributor

atlanta, georgia
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2006 :  5:39:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Convergence and Certified share the same jobs. I worked with both companies and was getting the same assignments in the same stores (just different addresses). Convergence pays $3 more. It wasnt a different city either, it was the same cities. So I got a little mad about the pay and seeing there name on my work and since it was the same job I emailed both companies. Of course certified said they couldnt discuss there contracts, but Convergence told me that they share clients and that Certified pays had nothing to do with them. Certified is just a low paying company. But they didnt have anything to do with you getting the other job, they just share them, and they each hire on there own. (This is what convergence said, not certified). You may could call them and they would tell you the same thing, unless its changed. I have been doing the auto stores for both companies every month for at least 4 or 5 months. I just get frustrated when I know I am getting $3 less for the other company, but hey its money.
Go to Top of Page

TaraD

NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  7:54:31 PM  Visit TaraD's Homepage  Send TaraD an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know I read this somewhere around here so I thought I'd come back and echo that the main problem with Convergence, aside from their payroll company not paying people (this is Archco btw) is that the phonecalls are out of control.

This week alone I have received twenty phonecalls from five different people at Convergence confirming projects I signed up for a month ago. Then to make matters worse I began receiving phonecalls four days ago begging me to report the projects which were not due until 12 PM today. It's gotten to the point where I now block all their calls and if it continues I'm going to have to quit because it's ridiculous.

If you're going to do work for them I suggest two things:

1. Any mail you send them with your signed sheets, make sure it is sent Certified/Return Receipt. I know of a few merchandisers which were given the "we didn't receive your paperwork therefore you will not be paid" spiel. And be firm when you call about your pay.

2. Another poster on this forum advertised NetZero's netphone. I suggest setting up an account and giving this number to Convergence as your main number because if you don't you will receive phonecalls up the wazoo, with no end in sight. The call times are also very rude as well. I received a phonecall at 9 PM tonight about something I spoke with someone four days ago!

I don't mind people calling but when they call me five times in one day and I call them back or speak with one person, hang up and get another call about the same thing and say "Are you people communicating that I already spoke with so and so?" and I continue to get calls regardless, it tends to get a little annoying.

MSPA Silver Certified: eocbu4
Go to Top of Page

MelissaUpstate
Trainee

Lanesville, NY
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  4:21:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Convergence for almost 5 months. It was steady reset work (on a team) 4 days a week. I don't know how their project work is, but if you're considering joining one of their reset teams, I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND AGAINST IT.

I have found them to be one of the most unethical, slimy companies I have ever worked for.

The job entailed traveling to a major grocery chain with stores all over the Hudson Valley. Since I live in a very rural area, there was an enormous amount of driving involved. I was putting on an average of 500-600 miles a week.

They are "supposed" to compensate for mileage.

First of all, there were constant problems actually getting them to pay the mileage. Every time I got a paycheck, I would have to come home and start making phone calls inquiring why my expenses weren't included with my paycheck. Eventually they would pay, but it took a lot of phone calls and arguing to finally get it. There were three other people on my team who also worked for Convergence, and they had similar problems.

I finally managed to find another job (outside of merchandising), and now they have decided to withhold a good chunk of my expenses (210 miles worth) from my last two weeks of pay.

Although my mileage reports were accurate and consistent from week to week, they now decided I was claiming too much, and that they would only pay me what was "fair." Not only are they withholding my money, but the portion they have agreed to pay is already about a month overdue.

I am filing a complaint with the Department of Labor, and I would advise anyone to think twice about working for them.
Go to Top of Page

TaraD

NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  11:02:42 AM  Visit TaraD's Homepage  Send TaraD an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received a letter in the mail today from ArchCo (Convergence's payroll firm) which read, in part:

Dear Tara,

A change to the client relationship between Convergence and Archco has resulted in a termination of your employment status as an Archco employee.

Your official termination date will be December 24th 2006. Going forward, Convergence will be processing their payroll in-house. As a result you will be requried to complete new employee forms with Convergence and they are requesting that you return the completed forms to Convergence no later than December 29th, 2006.

The letter is dated December 27, 2006. If I was terminated on December 24th, shouldn't I have received a letter PRIOR to that date, not AFTER it?

The other thing that is funny about this is I have already quit working for them but I guess no one got that message even though it was over two months ago that I did. See my last post in this thread to know why. The phonecalls were ridiculous and because no one at Convergence understands you when you say "Stop calling me ten times for the same thing" I just woke up and realized I won't work for people that are inept. And Convergence is at the top of the inept foodchain as far as merchandising companies are concerned.

I'm glad to see that Convergence got rid of ArchCo (do a search here on Volition for Archco to see all the payroll problems they had) because this letter proves just about everything any merchandiser has ever said about them. That they are disorganized and don't know what they're doing but I'm not sure this is a step in the right direction.

I am sure they will continue to have payroll issues now that they are doing payroll in-house and we'll begin to see fresh complaints from others who work for them.

Did anyone else receive a letter like this? If so, what are your thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

MelissaUpstate
Trainee

Lanesville, NY
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  4:59:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received the same letter (and I also got a phone call). Although I had HUGE problems with their payroll (see my previous post), from what I understand it had nothing to do with Archco. A very reliable source told me the problem lies within Convergence's own payroll department (they are the ones who do the expenses). In my opinion, getting rid of Archco is a big mistake. I feel sorry for all the people on their reset teams. What was already a nightmare will now probably be worse.
Go to Top of Page

TaraD

NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  7:01:17 PM  Visit TaraD's Homepage  Send TaraD an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Probably, Melissa. That's a shame too.

The last thing I forgot to mention is, assuming I didn't quit, how am I supposed to submit forms on the same day I receive the letter? They said no later than Dec 29th -- Well, today IS that date! LOL.

It's so crazy.

Go to Top of Page

A. Taylor
Apprentice

Dallas, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2006 :  06:48:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company recently (2006) and they are a good company to work for a pay decent. They send everything you need to your door including paperwork and pay fast. Just make sure you do all that is required on the visit because you won't get paid for going back a second time. I haven't did any reset work for them, but I like the project and usually stick to that.

A.Taylor
Go to Top of Page

T. Hester
Apprentice

Clinton, MD
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  9:01:52 PM  Visit T. Hester's Homepage  Send T. Hester an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company since 2005. When They brought TRS. I have had a few problem but they where able to fix them right away. IT was due to them using ARCHO. I love that they got ride of ARCHO they do the expense much faster. They are a great company to work for. If you have problems getting in contact with someone just get a direct ext. and hold on to it. That what I do. It helps alot. As for the paperwork you got for ARCHO about filling out stuff. THat is automatic for anyone who has worked for them.

Convergance is a great company. They are currently seeking people. They have some major things coming up. If you are interested in them you can always apply online at http://www.convergencemktg.com or call them directly at 1-866-375-3537 Monday - Friday 8am-8pm.

Direct Link to Apply online http://www.convergencemktg.com/signupold.html

Tracy
~~Part of MayLaTex~~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums