Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

MichelleCPD
Valued Contributor

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  07:01:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good Golly Molly! Can you believe the quick rise in gas prices? In the past two weeks, gas has went up over 20 cents a gallon here! As of last night, the cheapest place in town was $1.59/gallon. At this rate, one soon won't be able to afford to leave home!

Thinking about the price of gas makes me remember my dad saying when I was young, "Geesh! I can remember when gas was 5 cents a gallon!".
I used to hate hearing that, but to be totally honest.....I can remember gas being 28 cents a gallon. Does that "date" me?

Hmmmmmmmm come to think of it...I can remember whole milk costing 89 cents/gallon and when I first started smoking, I could buy a pack of Marlboro's for 65 cents!

Oh my, now I REALLY feel old!

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  08:21:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, $1.59 sounds good. It's been months since it's been that low here. Right now it's $1.87. Sigh! And we don't have any pipeline problems or anything else to blame it on.
Go to Top of Page

Richard D W
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  09:08:57 AM  Visit Richard D W's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
heh, i'd take 1.87$. i'd even take 1.97$. in my neighborhood, the cheapest this morning was 2.36$. the joys of urban life!
Go to Top of Page

MichelleCPD
Valued Contributor

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  12:55:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow! I guess I shouldn't complain?

Mama always said...."There's always someone somewhere that has it worse than you."
Go to Top of Page

Darlene
Contributor

Austin, TX
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  1:20:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I remember, during the Gas Crunch of '72 I think it was, my dad panicking that the price of gas had gone up to 42.9 cents per gallon! That was before I could drive, but I did ride my "spider bike" with the banana seat around a lot back then. I still have the scar on my elbow to prove it.
Go to Top of Page

KristenH
Star Contributor

Palm Springs, CA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2004 :  9:38:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm watching a baseball game with my husband so while I pretend to understand what he's talking about, I'm looking through all of the old posts...

Gas prices in my area are $2.59 for premium (they were up to $2.75 a few months ago). I'm looking at the prices from last year...we thought we were paying a lot then. I haven't had a pay raise lately to cover the difference and I don't think mystery shopping fees have gone up enough to cover it either. Oh well, what can we do?

Kristen
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2097 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  09:12:37 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20050304/bs_usatoday/gaspricesmightincrease24cents

Well isn't this just encouraging. Mobil, Speedway, and Shell are always the quickest to raise their pices. I noticed prices went from $1.89 to $2.15 overnight. Price remained the same at a gas station in Kalamazoo, keeping the area gas stations down to $1.91. Every other area of Kalamazoo, $2.14. They're not paying this price, they're trying to make as much profit before they have to pay more, and their profit level goes back to normal.

This same gas station has kept Kerosene at $1.99. The Speedway down the street has raised Kerosene prices three times. Never once did they drop the price. A couple weeks ago they put it at $2.59 a gallon. I asked why they felt the need to rip everyone off, when 10 miles down the road it remained $1.99. They didn't have an answer.

WHEN are they gonna release those solar powered cars to the public??

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

MindyG
Star Contributor

Goldsboro, NC
USA
251 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  12:13:32 PM  Visit MindyG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gas here is about $1.80 - $1.90. It just depends on the day. I'm not even looking forward to the solar powered cars, because then they'll just charge us to use the sun !!!

Mindy Godinez
Go to Top of Page

MrsKenna
Star Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  2:01:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2.28 for REGULAR in Oxnard, CA

CALIFORNIA- Oxnard, Camarillo, Ventura, Port Hueneme and neighboring cities
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie M
Star Contributor

TX
USA
826 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  2:32:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is about 1.78 gallon in my corner of the world. My husband surprised me with a chance to trade in my Tarus for a Explorer (still used) this week, but now I have a v-8. I noticed that I can turn the overdrive off and I am trying that to see if that helps. I was surprised, it was only $30.00 to fill it up. I was expecting around $40 - 50 like some full size trucks are.

I found this site today, Hope this helps everyone
http://www.gasbuddy.com/ can help you find cheap gas prices in your city.
It is comprised of 170 gas price information web sites that help consumers find low gasoline prices. All web sites are operated by GasBuddy. GasBuddy has the most comprehensive listings of gas prices anywhere by far. Each of GasBuddy Organization's web sites provides a live forum for consumers to post local recent low and high gasoline prices. Since gasoline prices change frequently and may vary by as much as 20 percent within only a few blocks it is important to be able locate the service station with the lowest priced fuel. GasBuddy Organization web sites allow consumers to both share information about low priced fuel with others as well as target the lowest priced stations to save at the pumps!

Go to Top of Page

Jules in Boston
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
1492 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  5:17:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgas_index.asp

GOLD CERTIFIED
Shopping Boston, MA and metro area.
Go to Top of Page

Heather Burnette2
Star Contributor

Spring Hope, NC
USA
340 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  3:42:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
guys read the earlier posts on this thread!
it makes ne sick.

by the way I'm paying $3.89 in eastern NC

Burnette
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  4:03:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No kidding. Here in the Charlotte area we are still paying $3.99 for regular and that is if you are lucky enough to find a gas station with gas.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62076 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  4:25:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vonette

Actually, $1.59 sounds good. It's been months since it's been that low here. Right now it's $1.87.
OMG I wish it was $1.87 even $2.87!!!!
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  12:17:11 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here in NW Wi., the prices have dropped considerably. now we are sitting at 3.259! what a great change this is. Buttttt- wonder how far they have to drop until Crossmark drops the 30 cent a mile pay!
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  2:03:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow. That was my 5-year-old post about $1.87 gas. Now, it's hard to believe it was ever that cheap. Double the price in only 5 years. Ouch! Right now I'm really happy because it finally dropped below $4! And did you read the one about filling up an entire gas tank for $30?
Go to Top of Page

Heather86
Star Contributor

Bourbonnais (S. of Chicago), IL
USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  8:30:12 PM  Visit Heather86's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vonette

And did you read the one about filling up an entire gas tank for $30?

I still get to fill up my tank for $30. It usually takes 8 gallons to fill it up - 9 if I have driven 50 miles AFTER the get gas light comes on.

Love my Prius.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1712 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2013 :  12:29:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I paid $3.99 at Sunoco today and saw it was $4.05 at Mobil.
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  10:14:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's $3.55 to $3.65 here in Houston. It's gone up 20 cents per gal since my last fill-up. Glad my car gets good mileage (28 city, 32 highway).

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1566 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2013 :  1:24:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It just hit $3.74 or something like that here today. A jump of 10 cents overnight.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  10:40:55 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
A letter posted in our local newspaper to the Editor stated that here in WI we have the highest gas prices from here to Florida, and back. On his way to Florida he travelled through Illinois,Indiana,Kentucky,Tennessee,Georgia, and into Florida. On his way back to Wisconsin, he travelled through Georigia, Alabama, Mississippi,Arkansas,Tennessee, Missouri, Illinois. Here in WI we are presently paying $3.85 a gallon. He claims we are the Winners of the highest prices paid per gallon. The lowest prices were at $3.05 to the next highest at $3.55.
Locally, we have two dominate providers who control the prices paid. Yet, we can travel as little as 15 miles in either direction out of town, and see prices anywhere from 10-20 cents lower per gallon. Our city has had research done to find out why. Same old information we all knew came back as the result. There isnt enough competition to keep prices down. Its sad when these two providers keep others from maintaining a business or starting one up. Wisconsin also has a minimum mark up law, which further adds to new competitors problems. No Mom-and-pop stations as they cant compete with the "big boys".
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums