Kelly
Exchanges Rock! Let's Do Another
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  09:00:02 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I heard yesterday that public transportation will be going up and dramatically. Double what people are paying. Here, that will affect mostly the illegals, which is why most citizens do not use the bus system. So, I am in favor of this one. It is going to be something in the price of 100 a month. Still a pittance compared to car payments, insurance, gas and car repairs. There were several hundreds of the illegals yelling and protesting. I could not understand much of it, but they were not happy. Can you imagine how much it costs to fill one of those busses?

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
Star Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  09:34:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not even in "the burbs".... think rustic! I can walk to one store and the prices there need to go up since having resources shipped in takes a lot of gas too.

I'm not so sure about there being an increase in demand..... as summer arrives we need less heating oil so that demand should lower. Well, yeah, we still needd heating oil here in Maine upto the middle of June! I have NO idea what I can do about heat for next winter! I never put the heat above 60 this year and I went through about $2500 just for heating oil!
Go to Top of Page

Renae in CA
Star Contributor

CA
USA
303 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  12:08:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gas is right around $3.35 here in So. CA for the low octane. It went down a gallon recently.

It's a killer owning an SUV now.

Renae
Living and shopping in the San Fernando Valley.
Silver Certified and Completely Certifiable!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  12:56:17 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2500.00? You know, when I see things like this, I don't mind paying a little more at the pump to live an area where it stays warm all year. I am going to shut up about the gas prices.Yeah right, no I won't. But it would be the right thing for me to do.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  3:41:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Regular is at $3.18, plus is at $3.28 or at least it was yesterday. We use plus as our vehicles truely do run better on plus than on regular. We also typically use off name brand gas stations as their prices are regularly 2 to 3 cents cheaper than the big stations. Thankfully my Monte Carlo SS gets about 27 mpg. Unfortunately hubby's two vehicles get less, the Ranger (1987) gets about 18 or so mpg and the Rodeo (SUV 1992) gets closer to 15 mpg. Unfortunately the air conditioner in the Ranger doesn't work. Also there is no public trasportation that we can use either. I drive about 8 miles each way to work. My husband on the other hand has a good half hour to hour drive into Charlotte for work each day. One good thing is that he works 4 days a week 10hr shifts instead of 5 days a week so that helps. Plus working night shift he's driving against afternoon rush hour traffic and at 4am there isn't much traffic at all to condent with. Oh and why the Rodeo gets less mpg I have no idea, and it's a manual where as the Monte Carlo and the Ranger are automatics. Plus we're looking at trading the Rodeo in for a Toyota Tocoma which also gets about 19 mpg (city, I didn't look at freeway mileage).
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  4:38:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ugg, the north side of town was $3.65 but I found it at 3.37 on the other side of the metropolis of Grand Rapids Michigan.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly130
Star Contributor

Tennessee
USA
1929 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  7:16:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As low as $2.89, as high as $3.19, for regular grade.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

CarolynNC
Star Contributor

Landis, NC
USA
1204 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  5:21:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cheapest= $3.07 Highest= $3.29

I'm not asleep....I'm checking for light leaks! :)
Go to Top of Page

Jules in Boston
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
1492 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  8:04:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
metrowest..Massachusetts..$3.09 today.. It was over $50 to fill up my Toyota Sienna minivan...jeeeeezzzzzzzz

GOLD CERTIFIED
Shopping Boston, MA and metro area.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  09:10:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today we're at $3.65 unleaded, $3.75 plus...have no idea what premium is they don't post it anymore LOL - I heard Chicago is the highest for gas prices in the USA.
Go to Top of Page

LoraM
Valued Contributor

Eau Claire, Michigan
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2007 :  09:24:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
3.41 for regular just over the lake from you Marie. Apparently Chicago prices are rubbing off on the Michiana (Michigan & Indiana) area.

Loralee ~Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

.AnitaInArk
Inactive

Ozark, AR
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  11:03:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One store in town if finally down to $2.99 Makes me happy to see the '2' up there in front again. But I would be even more excited to see a '1' there instead.

Anita Gilbreth
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  8:25:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's come down a little here as well. There's one station that I pass any day I'm working that is at $2.98 for regular. Still not good. I can still remember days when I paid less than $1.00 per gallon for medium grade.
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  05:38:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Down to $2.96 again. Hope it will stay for a while and not jump up again.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  09:02:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$3.05 to $3.19

Big bargain! hah!

Interesting that 2 of four gas stations around here are doing renovations.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  2:53:23 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
$3.25 near me in Queens, NY. We were in NJ yesterday (outside Atlantic City) and filled up for $2.83

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

LoraM
Valued Contributor

Eau Claire, Michigan
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2007 :  4:40:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I heard on NPR today that there was a cyclone (hurricane for us North Americans) in Iran http://www.dailytimes.com .pk/default.asp?page=2007%5C06%5C08%5Cstory_8-6-2007_pg7_1 Since the cyclone was headed on down the oil shipping lane, oil closed at over $70 (US) per barrel. Yep. I filled up the car today. I just wish the other car wasn't at the shop so I could have filled it up too.

Aiyiyi.

Loralee ~Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kelly130
Star Contributor

Tennessee
USA
1929 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2007 :  05:32:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of news websites keep track of the cheapest gas. I didn't go, but one of the Knoxville gas stations had it for $2.65. But, most of the other cheapies were in the $2.80's.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Kelly130
Star Contributor

Tennessee
USA
1929 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2007 :  9:06:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was in a little town in GA today around mile marker 25 off of I75, and saw gas for $2.63... I was so annoyed. I just had filled up for $2.75 a gallon and thought I had found the best deal. Go Figure!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums