Page: of 48

Anita G
Star Contributor

Ozark, AR
USA
385 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  09:19:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The normal price around here is 2.05 - 2.09

But, Price Cutter offers discounts on certain groceries. We got gas the other day for 1.90

Anita Gilbreth
Go to Top of Page

ShawnaL
Star Contributor

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  10:03:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lately I've paid between $2.47 and $2.67. At least I get okay mileage...but I miss filling up on $10.

Shawna
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  10:43:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did a gas shop this morning. I paid $2.22 for a gallon of regular unleaded gas.
Go to Top of Page

Jakki NJ
Valued Contributor

Toms River, NJ
USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  5:54:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, I thought NJ had one of the lower prices but some of you gals have us beat. Yes, we have someone to pump our gas here but honestly I don't believe having self serve would be any cheaper and eventually think it would make our prices even higher. I don't see any reason to have all the people who pump gas put out of a job. They don't make the big bucks anyway they are paid minimum wage or close to it. I like the convenience of not having to get out of the car in bad weather...On the other hand sometimes the service can be really slow when I have GOT to be somewhere. That's when I want to get out of the car and just do it myself. Remember a couple of years ago when gas was really cheap. It cost 8 dollars to fill my Honda. Now I can't believe I spend 20 on my Saturn sometimes and still don't hear the "click" indicating a full tank.

Jacqueline - Happily shopping central NJ
MSPA silver certified # ycwgll
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  6:23:09 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
2.36 for the cheap stuff, is there any other?

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  6:44:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are paying between $2.20 - $2.45 here. Luckily I work near one of the cheapest stations in the area and live near another.

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  6:50:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm currently in Central jersey and filled up yesterday for $2.07. But that was at a tiny gas station tucked away somewhere. The average cost at the major stations around here is about $2.15.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  9:18:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gas here is at about $2.40. But what we are truly mad about is that our state governor, during this time when the high price of gas has become such as issue, forced through a new gas TAX of 9.5cents/gallon. The first 3cents just went into effect. I heard that this will give us the dubious honor of having the highest gas tax in the nation (certainly among the highest anyway!). And where is ALMOST ALL of this money going? Certainly not to those of us on the east side of the mountains. We get to fund the new roads and train systems for Seattle every time we fill our tanks. Whoopee! Lots of bitter people here in eastern Washington, some of whom are working to get it repealed. Wish us luck.
Go to Top of Page

ConnieS
Star Contributor

Matthews (near Charlotte), NC
USA
396 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  07:28:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was visiting my MIL in Panama City, FL and we filled up for $2.13 a gallon on a Wednesday.

Then, on Friday - the day before madatory evacuations began for Dennis, the price was $2.49 a gallon. A few stations had the lower prices, but they were all out of gas, so it didn't make a difference.

MSPA Gold Certification q4rzw0
Go to Top of Page

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  09:26:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
2.73 here in Sacramento. That is why I am clustering my shops together. Just filled up the little Focus and it was 23 dollars.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  10:07:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I filled up on friday and gas was $2.49.

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  10:28:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The cheapest place I can find here in PA (Sunoco) is $2.28. The Mobil directly across the street from it is $2.36. The Wawa I use, down the street from these two, is $2.29.

A little more east on the Main Line (west of Philly), $2.37 is the cheapest, and the average seems to be $2.43.

I didn't get gas today, but when I stopped at the Wawa for the Sunday paper, I bought a Tootsie Roll. 15 cents for just one, and it was a penny when I was a kid. And Hershey's chocolate bars were 10 cents back then, and now they're 60 cents on average.

Now think about this. A candy bar is now SIX times what it was in the '70s. Penny candy is FIFTEEN times as expensive. Gas is LESS THAN three times what it was then. I don't hear anyone complaining about the price of chocolate, though.
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  11:17:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2.33 and it just went up from $2.27 here in Washington state.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Brenda
Star Contributor

MO
USA
543 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  3:03:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's $2.23 now.

When I was first elected, I was pretty happy that I could make money off my mileage because of 40+ miles per gallon. I'm going to be cutting down on visiting my wards if this continues.
Go to Top of Page

ToriFL
Contributor

Eustis, FL
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  3:19:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The strangest thing happened today. I got up early to go get a paper and gas was 2.15-about normal. I went by the same gas station about 4 hours later and it had been jacked up to 2.37. Now, where i live, it is always about 10 cents cheaper then the neighboring county. I went into that county and the gas there was between 2.23 and 2.32. I since some price gouging due to hurricaine. Though why they would do that is a question because I am in central FL and the hurricaine won't hardly affect us.

Tori
MSPA Silver Cert.xeydyg
Go to Top of Page

Heather86
Star Contributor

Bourbonnais (S. of Chicago), IL
USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  3:32:55 PM  Visit Heather86's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2.49 this morning.

They are pushing that 2.50 mark, but no one is willing to break if just yet.

What hurts the most is that I am a school teacher in a different county. I have a 35 mile commute each way. I decided it was not worth teaching summer school because of the gas prices. I won't have a choice come August. I fill up my tank at least 3 times a week.

I have a credit card that is exclusively for gas and only my car. I use about $180 in gas per month for my car alone. I am sure next month it will be near or break $200.
Go to Top of Page

MechelleNga
Valued Contributor

GA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  4:47:25 PM  Visit MechelleNga's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Normal price is $2.24. At the local grocery store, if you buy over $100 worth of grocery (which I do normally), you get $.10 off.

So I'm paying $2.04.

Mechelle
Go to Top of Page

MechelleNga
Valued Contributor

GA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  4:49:36 PM  Visit MechelleNga's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh yeh.

A local radio station, just happened to be in the area, that I was shopping. They had a promo, first 100 cars, get $10 worth.

I got 10 whole dollars, of free gas (with a 15 minute wait).

Whooppiieeee....

Mechelle
Go to Top of Page

LimorB
Contributor

CT
USA
90 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  4:54:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
2.69 for the cheap stuff to 2.89 for the expensive octane.
Go to Top of Page

LauraLinDover
Star Contributor

Dover, NH
USA
1202 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  8:32:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't want to talk about it

Laura
Happily Shopping the seacoast of NH, Southern ME and extreme Northeastern MA
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums